“Sports Fan Can Let Loose in a Log Cabin!”
Review of The Thirsty Beaver

The Thirsty Beaver
Ranked #35 of 280 Restaurants in Cranston
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Providence, Rhode Island
“Sports Fan Can Let Loose in a Log Cabin!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you're looking for an establishment with your sports bar staples - large flat screen TVs and good beer - the Thirsty Beaver will more than wow you. In addition to sports bar basics, they have creative cocktails, an extensive bar menu and a beaver mascot. The Beaver's food and drink items are cleverly named to pay homage to the local area's history and culture. Not a sports fan? Not a problem! Between karaoke, trivia, and live music there's always something for everyone. This review is a recap of a few visits including a charity date night auction, Bruins games, and quick bites (and drinks) to eat.

Sex N' the Garden City Martini (Loyal 9 Cucumber Mint, simple sugar, lime and ginger beer) was good enough to channel my inner Sarah Jessica Parker and kick up my heels that night. The Park Ave Lemonade (Ciroc Peach, Grey Goose Cherry Noir, Lemonade & Sprite) was also very refreshing. My gal pals and I couldn't agree on a pizza, so we opted for the Cabin Builder - a fire grilled pizza crust custom built to your specifications from a variety of toppings. The pizza was just the right amount of crispy without being burnt.

When sports are on, the vibe is energetic as the crowd cheers (or jeers) on the teams. If you're not stuffing one of their delicious Beaver Bites into your face in between cheers, you are majorly missing out. One bite of the Knightsville Log Roll (egg rolls stuffed with Italian cold cuts, three cheese & roasted peppers served with a basil pesto & tomato aioli drizzle) and I could care less who was on the ice. I was suddenly lost in this warm, delectable bite in my hand. After perusing all the delicious burger and sandwich options, I followed up the Log Roll with one of their Old Faithfuls - a Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wrap (sweet potato fries for me!). The good-sized portion was filled with moist chicken and creamy blue cheese.

While I can't guarantee you'll win your bracket, I can guarantee you won't miss a call. Their large, strategically placed TVs make it so that you're never straining to see the action. Oh and did I mention this bar is in a LOG CABIN!? Pretty cool stuff. This is a great venue for sports fans and those who just want to have some good food and fun!

• Visited April 2014

Cranston, Rhode Island
“Too busy college nights...”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I can only say something about the atmosphere, as the only time I visited, I left due to lack of seating. The place was packed, so I guess that's good for them. But, it was so packed, and so loud, the wait for drinks was too long, so we left...

Visited June 2013
Johnston, Rhode Island
“Make no mistake about it ..it s a pub/bar”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Pub food, middle of the road , don't expect much more, and if there's a game on . Bruins ,sox or pats,bring ear plugs get really loud ,,college like,,

• Visited October 2013
providence, ri
“Great neighborhood place”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was surprised to find the food and service so great at a place with such a name. I assumed it would be hot dogs and burgers only. To my surprise they had great salads and appetizers. I also saw some great looking pizzas go to the table me near me. The two men that either own or manage the place were very attentive and friendly. I cannot wait to go back again to try some of the interesting appetizers.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank vlsoares1
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Just ok, still new”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went to the Thirsty Beaver for lunch on my nephews recommendation (he's in his 20s, that should have been the first clue). The staff wears short shorts and boots, service was ok,our server was friendly,but didn't mention if there were any specials,ask if we ever ate there before, or if we had any questions about the menu. The food was ok, I got the mac and cheese with chicken, found it a little bland and oily, my friend ordered a sandwich wrap which was served in a metal cake pan and she said that was good. There is a big patio in front,but no furniture . Apparently it's a good bar at night with lots of specials to attract customers, I might give it one more try because it is newly opened,but the fisrt impression was just ok.

• Visited July 2013