“When our familiar Portuguese restaurant received some lackluster reviews”
Review of Riviera Inn

Riviera Inn
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 18 April 2013

my husband and I decided to try a new place...and glad we did. We were first shown a table in a dark dining area adjoining the bar. I asked for another table - they weren't busy the time we arrived - and were shown to a bright, patio - like room. Not a sole there, and the table suggested was next to a stack of high chairs and a table covered with a soiled cloth. Finally selecting a table of out choice, a very professional waiter appeared, answered our questions and took our order. Bread, which was delightfully fresh, was served almost immediately; no dish of olives though. Our meals were delicious and attractively served. Unfortunately, my entreee arrived with lukewarm Portuguese fries and even chillier rice. Our server immediately took back my plate and returned with everything steamy hot. Too bad we didn't see him again. I had to get up, find him and ask for a spoon to scoop up the fragrant, garlicky sauce on my shrimp. Review might seem less than the very good rating but problems were corrected, we enjoyed our meal, would return and would recommend Riviera Inn to others visiting East Providence.

2  Thank pearl33814

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Riviera Inn has entertainment on Tuesday & Saturdays 8:30Pm - ? We ordered little necks with garlic sauce , very tasty! Then after seeing the Huge portions, we decided to split a meal and we had leftovers(smart choice) We decided on the Carne Pork Alentjana (roast pork, potatoes & little necks marinated in a wonderful spiced sauce, not too spicy, just tasty). The waitress (Kristina) was very attentive! Total cost with 2 beers, 1 split dinner, 1 appetizer = $38.00 Tax & Tip included.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Went to dinner with family and friends on a Sunday for dinner. The main dining area was closed, so we had to sit in a area that looked like a local diner. I was surprised to find it below average looking compared to other area Portuguese restaurants. No table clothes, what's up with that? The food was good, but not the place to go for a great Portuguese dining experience.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 11 May 2009

The main dining room serves up some good portuguese and italian dishes. Nice place for a romantic dinner and a bottle of wine. However, I find their Banquet Setup a little stale at times.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 24 October 2008

if u like (specially) portuguese food than thats the place to go the food is excellent so are the waitress anything u need they will get it for u specially me cause iam a picky person so if u happen 2 b hungry and traveling by ep u have 2 stop there .

2  Thank bos1