Wyndham Bay Voyage Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$537
US$272
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$277
Newport Marriott(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$428
US$339
  • Restaurant
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$248
Grace Vanderbilt(Newport)
US$673
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnewport bridgeliving roomsmall kitchenetteview of the waterday triprhode islandfree washer and dryermicrowave popcorntowel exchangecoffee cupsstaff was friendly and helpfulon tuesdaysnice accommodationslong weekendin decemberrestaurants in the areacorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2008

This was a 2 day trip that i had traded part of a timeshare for. Wanted to stay outside of the Kaos of Newport without the traffic for a quiet time alone with my husband. We arrived from NYC, took 7 hours in traffic to find the hotel very charming and built in the 1800's deep rooted in history. The rooms were clean and had everything we could ever need and more for 2 days. Free paper daily, coffee, nice ammenites. Front desk was very helpful with info about the area and advice where to dine. Nicely appointed living room with newish furniture, TV, mini kitchen and tastefully done!. Smallish bedroom with comfy queen sized bed and TV. Very clean bathroom.
The View was to die for. Overlooking the Pell bridge! That alone is worth the stay. We had a one bedroom with a balcony overlooking the pook and bridge and all the windows and french doors opened to a beautiful ocean breeze that was fragrant like honey and cut flowers.
There were partys going on in the rooms adjacent to the lobby with loud music one night, but i tell you we could not hear it from our room. Even with the windows open.
Certainly we will be back again!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank campo84748
Reviewed 3 March 2008

My husband and I stayed at this place for two nights on a househunting trip to the area. Unfortunately this place gave us a bad taste in our mouth of Jamestown. The staff were awful, just boring and no energy. My husband booked a suite and when I called the next day to ask why our room hadn't been cleaned they said it was a time share. They NEVER said it was a TIME SHARE when we checked in and it is advertised as an Inn. Anyway, the room felt stuffy and the bed wasn't very comfortable. The door did not lock unless you played with it a little. Upon checkout(we went to the hilton in newport), they tried to charge us another higher rate! They also called us each day and asked if we would be interested in buying a unit!!! Unbelieveable. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dennyloo
Reviewed 1 January 2008

Wyndahm Bay Voyage Inn is a nice, but old hotel. Place was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, including housekeeping staff. The view is great, and it's very convenient to the few restaurants in town (The Oyster Bar and Trattoria Simpatico are terriffic). The bedroom is small, but adequate and the living room is also adequate. The sleep sofa in the living room seemed fine. Issues were the heating unit, which was either way too hot or off, no matter how it was set, and the front door was warped so the door had to be slammed to lock it. One other issue is that our room was directly over the restaurant, which meant that the fish odors were kind of strong at night. I'd stay again, but I'd look for something newer in the area if it were available.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mysticmike
Reviewed 7 December 2007

My mom has a timeshare here so my boyfriend & I went up for a weekend. I've seen this property from the outside and on the Internet and was quite excited. The staff were very friendly upon arrival and provided us with maps, brochures and newspapers from the area. Our suite was on the 3rd floor and although there was no deck, there were two sets of bay windows looking out at the Newport Bridge - very, very nice. The heating/cooling unit in the living room only shut off by unplugging it from the wall but other than that, the suite was in tip-top shape and one could tell that renovations had been recently made. On Sundays, the Inn offers (for about $30/person) a wonderful and delicious brunch - again, the views of the bridge are so nice.

The one complaint would be about the staff - because it was a timeshare, I checked in on a Friday and left on a Sunday. My mom was scheduled to check in on Monday and I had specifically asked the staff to change the bedsheets and tidy up the room although there was a $30 fee to do so. According to my mother - they never changed the sheets, made the bed or cleaned the room. I was very disappointed in that as clean sheets are a must! I need to check my statement to see if I was charged for that service. Also they were not as speedy checking my mom in as the staff working on that Monday were under the impression that I was still in the room, even though we made arrangements with the Sunday staff on my departure. Other than that - no complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ckarp73
Reviewed 18 November 2007

This small all suites hotel is in an ideal location, on the water overlooking the Newport Bridge and a short walk to the village of Jamestown. However, it is a mediocre hotel. The livingroom was lovely and we had a large balcony. The walls are thin; you can hear TVs in other rooms, people moving about, etc. The bedroom is spartan with tired furniture. On their web site the hotel restaurant describes two menus. No where on the web site nor on the printed menus which we got when we checked in, does it mention that the Tavern menu is not available on Friday and Saturday nights.

The staff was friendly.

If you want a great location and don't have high expectations, this is adequate.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple