“Live Music, Never a cover.”

The Narragansett Cafe
Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Jamestown
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been going to this cafe for years. Everyone is so friendly. Denise behind the bar is swift and efficient. She knows her stuff. Susan is also an excellent bartender.
Today, 6/15/2014 I went to hear Young Neal and the Vipers perform. Awesome. I ordered the lobster salad that was on the special Sunday menu. It was fantastic. Beautiful sweet succulent lobster on top of a bed a fresh greens with olive, peppers and onions. I had balsamic dressing with mine.
I think this is going to be my Sunday lunch spot. Dennis the cook is awesome.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

It is a great pub place for lunch. Cold beer and big sandwiches. Especially the Philly steak and cheese sandwich big enough to split. Much selection on the menu for everyone. Bartender is somewhat rough but not unbearable. Live music in the evening along with Sunday Morning. Stop in is my vote.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

love the sandwiches... quick in and out, great summer spot for a quick lunch... very reasonable priced...

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We get time off for good behavior from time to time and get a sitter and the Gansett is a good venue. Good food a good beer list and one of the best places to see music. A lot more reasonably priced then going to Newport. I am a fan of thier chili and wings.

1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Disappointed!! We from time to time "brave" the Jamestown, Newport, actually Pell Bridge to go dancing at the Narragansett Cafe. This time we also went to hear Diane Blue. She is a very good Blues singer, so we were looking forward to hearing her and also dancing to her good music.

Well, the place was crowded, and so it should be for her, but, alas, there was no place to dance.
The owner, who purchased the Cafe a few years back has been gradually, gradually filling the dance floor with tables. I guess he makes more $$ doing that.

Well, I will eat and drink too, but without the dance floor, I see no reason to sit and fidget, because I remember that here I could once dance the night away. The music might be good, but the food and drink are not worth the trip.