“You won't be disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jamestown Oyster Bar - CLOSED

Jamestown Oyster Bar
Price range: US$0 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Pizza, Pub, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
“You won't be disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We are on Jamestown all summer and are always pleased with our experience here. The atmosphere is always lively. Great bar to watch a game. Service is good. The appetizers and raw bar are terrific. Main dishes are just OK and a bit pricey. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
Thank jarvis.lambert

Keystone, Colorado
“Alternate in Jamestown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Went to Jamestown on a recent weekend from Newport on the Newport -Jamestown ferry...very nice round trip with a number of stops at Bay attractions,Newport Harbor .

Wanted to try Simpatico to find out it doesnt do lunch ! This was a classic outdoor lunch spot for years under the old owners ...name was Trattoria Simpatico.

Went to the Jamestown Oyster Bar across the street and had a very nice lunch. we had the steamed mussels in white wine for an appetizer, the fried cod and chips, and a chicken terriaki wrap. All were very well prepared especially the battered cod...nice crispy crust ..moist but not soggy flaky cod.

We had not been there for a decade, when it was a very good bistro, and now pretty good choice in Jamestown...nice specials menu ...Portugeese Fish Stew, etc which we will try next time.

• Visited June 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“too bad its not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

it has all the attributes of a good place - quaint and great location. but it appears they have a "B" team in the kitchen of local pirates. Food was muddy tasting and not very inspiring to say the least. its too bad, with a good kitchen team they could rock the street. a little place like this could have a waiting line in the street if they were courageous enough to shake up the kitchen and the food.

• Visited May 2013
“Fish done just right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch here, and we had a much better experience than other reviewers for Trip Advisor. I ordered the Petite Seafood Stew, and my wife had the cod done Portugese style. Both were nicely flavored, but what really impressed us was how delicately the fish in each offering was cooked -- perfectly, actually. We are celebrating a special occasion at a fancier restaurant tonight, in nearby Newport. I suspect we may have already had our best meal of the weekend, however!

• Visited April 2013
Middletown, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extreme disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

My son and I went there on a Saturday night. Ordered the clam chowder -- tasted like soupy instant mashed potatoes with chunks of clams. No seasonings. Next were crab cakes, which were soggy, fell apart and tasted horrible. My son specifically asked about the pizza, and after being assured it was thin crust and "like a cracker", he ordered it. The cheese slid off the pizza when he picked it up, burning his fingers. My chicken parmesan was actually almost O.K., but by that time I was disgusted with the place. My chair was next to the door and I froze every time the door opened. As my son said, "The water was good."

• Visited April 2013