“A gem I wish I could take home”

Village Hearth Bakery Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Jamestown
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Breakfast, Lunch And Sunday Night Pizza
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been going here since it opened. Coming up each summer to visit my wife's parents who have lived in Jamestown, I start anticipating my first walnut sticky bun and coffee on the trip up! I have watched it grow and become what today I consider a perfect size...not too big and not too small. I wish I could find the exquisite breads they make where I live in N. Va. My only complaint is that since I'm usually there for only a week, I only get to visit the bakery 2 or 3 days. :-(

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My boyfriend and I go to pizza night every Sunday and enjoy truly the best pizza you can find outside of Italy. The ingredients are fresh and the crust is fantastic. The only negative about the place is that I wish it was open every day so I could eat there more often!

2  Thank GwenP23
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I don't eat meals here, but I take home a lot of their bread. This is the place in RI, if you like bread with a moist chew and a slightly crackly heavy crust - baked in a wood-fired oven. Very authentic. I especially love the olive bread and the asiago bread.

1  Thank Jtwnit
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We heard about a place in town that makes Pizza, but only on Sunday evening. We just had a great Pizza at Village Hearth Bakery Cafe. We ordered the plain cheese pizza, it was made fresh and delicious! Being here off season and a rainy evening ,it was not crowded, but a steady stream of customers were coming in and enjoying the pizza. There were also some take out orders too! Prices were reasonable, but be sure to bring cash because the don't take credit cards!

1  Thank TugTerry
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Phenomenal artisan bakery. Wood-fired oven, pizza on Sunday nights.
Breads and pastry are unbelievable. You'll think you went to a bakery in France or Italy.

1  Thank nb500