“Nice Hotel and Amenities”

Courtyard Providence Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln
Newport, RI
“Nice Hotel and Amenities”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years, most recently for my brithday. My party was at a venue in the area and I wanted to be close to the party so that my birthday would not only be fun, but relaxing. The Courtyard in Lincoln made this possible. I checked in at 3pm, and since the party was not until 7pm, I was able to use the indoor pool facilities. I loved being able to alternate from the cooling waters of the pool to the powerful jets in the hot tub. I also saw that there was a gas firepit outside for guest use, which is nice on a cool summer night.
The room itself was clean, modern and obviously recently updated. The bed was very comfortable and the whole stay was very relaxing.
They seem to have done away with the Marriot brunch that used to be offered at this location, but there is still a menu and a bar available for those staying at the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to business travelers, or those needing to stay close to family as it is a nice little retreat. As for a couple's getaway, the location is really not suited for this as Lincoln, RI is not really a tourist destination, but it was great for our purposes.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent Courtyard experience. I am so pleased that our hotel and the amenities that we offer contributed to a great birthday weekend. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your celebration. I hope that you are able to visit us again; perhaps, during the warmer months where you can enjoy the ambiance of the outdoor seating and fire pit. Again, thank you for your comments and feedback.

Marty M. Ranone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wayside, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I stayed here on a business trip in December 2012. I had been on a long stretch away from home and was traveling from Syracuse, arriving very late to the hotel. I went up to my room and from outside the room, I felt a wave of heat. I entered the room and it felt 100 degrees. The thermostat was set to 95 degrees. I called the front desk and waited outside with my bags, as it was too hot to wait in my room. It took a good 10 minutes for someone to arrive to bring me to my new room. Eventually they did and the new room was up to par.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your recent Courtyard experience with us. It is certainly through guest feedback and comments that we are presented with opportunities to improve upon our service and services. I sincerely apologize that after a long day of travel your room was not guest ready. I am disappointed that it took ten minutes for you to get settled into another room. I certainly can understand your frustration. Please know that I have shared your story with my staff in an effort to recognize and learn from our service failure. We are committed to deliver great service and customer satisfaction. I am sorry that we let you down.

Kind regards,
West Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The nightof September 29th I stayed in the hotel and our wedding party booked 17 rooms for
the night. We requeted breakfast and had to gaurantee 34 guests. The breakfast was no more than a continental breakfast and was terrible. It consisted of scrambled eggs, home fries sausage patties and bacon all of which were cold. Their was no toast or english muffins and we were expecting to have eggs cooked and pancakes and french toast as we have enjoyed in other Mariott Hotels. For the cost of $17.00 per person plus tax and gratuity was totally unacceptable for this slop. I will newer stay in a hotel again with the Mariott name. The corporation should be ashamed to have offered such a service to guests they are hoping to return.

Room Tip: Do not get hooked into purchasing a breakfast go to a hotel in the area which offers a free continen...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank RUJ70
New York
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have stayed at the Courtyard Lincoln twice and BOTH times I checked in my room was dirty! It was really gross and completely unacceptable.

First stay: There was chocolate smeared on the pillow!!! a piece of chocolate on the floor by the bed and a gross hair in the other bed. There were other shriveled food items on the floor. Housekeeping did a very nice job when I asked them to fix the room so decided it was a fluke and booked again.

Second stay: hairs (long and short) on the bathroom floor and chair!

It is clear that they do not vacuum or wipe down floors regularly between visitors which is not acceptable.

The hotel is modern and nicely decorated / renovated but the rooms (walls, carpets) are in shockingly poor condition for how new the hotel is. The hotel is also frequently full. My best guess is they fill up, clean or not and don't take the time to ensure consistency across all rooms and for all guests.

I also had a similar experience with the staff - some were lovely and others could clearly take a lesson in customer service.

I have chosen to stay at the Hampton Inn in Smithfield instead.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for providing me with your feedback on your recent Courtyard by Marriott visits. I am extremely alarmed and so disappointed that we have failed to provide outstanding customer service and services that all of our guests deserve. I wish, first and formost, to apologize to you for your room not being thoroughly cleaned both times that you have stayed with us. I will accept the blame as it is my responsibilty as General Manager, to insure that all members of my team do not compromise on room cleanliness and customer service. I am so sorry that we have let you down. It is apparent that members of my staff may need additional training in spite of their years of experience. I have addressed your concerns with the leadership team and can assure you that we have taken this very seriously and corrective actions are in place.

I do hope that you will reach out to me personally as I would like to express my personal apology to you.

London
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel is perhaps a typical Courtyard. It is fairly new and the rooms are clean and relatively spacious. This is really a motel and perhaps that is the market that Marriott are looking for, There is some underutilised outside space which is well designed and there is also plenty of car parking. There is a shuttle to take you to the local restaurants but this closes at 10.30pm.

The location is on a main road which it is impossible to cross. I would not really recommend this to anyone who does not have a car. It is also not really convenient for Providence - the only local place of interest. Taxis there are relatively expensive and it is also hard to get anyone to drive you back to the hotel. Budget $50 for the round trip. The shuttle only works in a 5 mile radius.

Breakfast in the hotel has changed from buffet style to a fast food approach. This is essentially replicated for dinner. None of the guests appeared to like the change.

I note the comments from others regarding the staff. There were a few who were pleasant but others were at best officious and unhelpful. Do not ask them for information - they will send you in entirely the wrong direction!!

So this hotel is fine for an overnight if you have a car and do not want to be in Providence.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your recent Courtyard experience with us. Our guest feedback is so important as it gives us an opportunity to improve our service and services. It appears that you really enjoyed our guest rooms and outdoor living space. I do hope the weather permitted you to realx around the outdoor fire pit in the evening as the ambiance is really fantastic.

I am so sorry and disappointed to learn; however, that not all members of the Courtyard team delivered outstanding customer service and hospitality. This is truly disappointing to me as we really try so hard to make each and every guest experience a positive and memorable one. I'm sorry that we let you down. Please be assured that I have addressed your concerns with the members of my team and I will make it my focus to insure that through my personal observations and constant training of all associates is a priority. Again, I Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to do so.

Best regards,
Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This was my second time at this courtyard and both experiences have been wonderful. The hotel is a modern Courtyard design, and I had a refrigerator and microwave in my room both times (not sure if all have them, haven't checked). The room was very clean, spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The place was quite and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. My only complaint is that the breakfast is not free, but that is typical of all Courtyards. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a neighboring gas station with a decently size convenient store. They have food for breakf...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for returning to our hotel for the second time and for allowing us the opportunity to earn your business. We truly appreciate your loyalty and thank you for sharing your Courtyard experience with us. Our guests comments and feedback are important to us, presenting an opportunity to continually improve upon our service and services. We look forward to "Welcoming" you back once again.

Maine1231
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We spent a night here as a family to be close to an extended family event. The beds were comfortable, room was spotless, service was excellent. It was nice and quite and we had a nice sleep as well. The courtyard area was so lovely and we were sad not to use it as the weather was a bit rainy. The pool is excelllent and the pool area is so nicely decorated.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your recent Courtyard experience with us. I am so pleased that your guest room was spotless and the customer service you received was worthy of your praise! I am quite proud to say that my staff is truly committed to making each guest stay with us a most memorable experience. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to be of service. Hopefully, the next visit you make to our hotel, the weather will be a bit more cooperative so you are able to enjoy the ambiance of the fire pit and our great outdoor space. We look forward to "Welcoming" you back!

Marty M. Ranone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area
Providence Marriott Downtown
Courtyard Providence Warwick
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
All Seasons Inn & Suites
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield

Been to Courtyard Providence Lincoln? Share your experiences!