“Great hotel with Marriott standards”

Courtyard Providence Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Great place to stay. They have an indoor pool and whirlpool. They have a large outside lounge area with a gas fire pit. The bistro is open for breakfast and dinner with a great variety. The staff is very nice and helpful. They have a laundry room with complimentary supplies to use. We stayed in a room with a jet bathtub and was nice after a long day. We will be back in this area again and we will definitely stay here again. They have a meeting room here also.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback on your recent Courtyard experience. I was so happy to hear that you really enjoyed the SPA King room. It is one of my favorites as well! I will be sure to share your comments with my employees regarding their friendliness. We really do try hard to consistently demonstate superior customer service and satifaction. Your greatest compliment is reading that you will select our hotel the next time travel brings you back to Rhode Island. Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for 8 years. The service that Marty, Jenn and Tammy provide is 2nd to none. Best Courtyard I have ever stayed at.Its your typical remodeled courtyard which is great to begin with but those girls rock the service element!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Brian30135
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Hello Brian,

Thank you so very much for being such a loyal guest of our hotel for the past eight years. It is feedback like this that confirms what a great team of associates I have at the Lincoln Courtyard! I am so very pleased and honored that you have given us the opportunity to "earn" your business. Thank you again for your loyalty.
Jenn and Tammy are true ambassadors of the Courtyard and I am ever so grateful for the service expertise. I can't wait to share your kind words with them and the rest of the team!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Nice place for a business trip. Helpful front desk offered good dinner recommendations, directions, etc. Rooms and common areas are clean and up to date. Proximity to my company offices make this an easy choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Courtyard experience with us. I was thrilled that you referred to our staff as "Welcoming!" Our number one focus is to always deliver outstanding customer service and to exceed the expectations of our guests. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to do so.

I do hope we have the pleasure of a return visit the next time travel brings you to Lincoln.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Had a great weekend shopping and visiting my brother in March 2013. Staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Room was very comfortable and spotless. Hotel was fully booked so there was no escaping the only negative:
The lack of soundproofing from the halls. Unfortunately there were numerous groups of families for a sporting event and most allowed their children to race up and down the halls shouting and yelling until well after 11pm. After 2 nights of this was glad to head home.
Overall was a nice room and would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: if there is a concern would recommend a room away from the elvators in the event there are multiple...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments on the service and services you received at our Lincoln Courtyard property. I am disappointed; however, that you were disturbed by children running in the hallways until late in the evening. Please be assured that when we have large groups in house we have security on property to monitor the hallways and public spaces. It is our goal to prevent and minimize any potential guest disturbance. I am sorry that in spite of our efforts you did not enjoy quiet and relaxation. If travel brings you back to RI, I do hope you consider the Lincoln Courtyard as your first choice for lodging. Please call me personally so I can assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Good location, clean, friendly staff, excellent Italian food across the street. Good pool and workout area. Easy access to north central state airport. Mall and theater very close too. God breakfast and dinner choices.

• Stayed: January 2013
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Courtyard by Marriott experience. Your feedback is important to us. All guest comments are shared and discussed with staff in an effort to improve upon our service and services and to embrace and celebrate our many wonderful service stories. Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to do so. I do hope we have the pleasure of a return visit if travel brings you back to Rhode Island.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Lincoln RI for two nights, April 5th thru April 7th 2013 during a visit to Bryant University. The college arranged for special rates but you must call for the negotiated rates. The Marriott website did have some discount codes but the rate that I called for was about 15.00 less. We had arrived about 3:00 and our room was ready. While the desk agent did not acknowledge my Elite status she did provide the correct keys for my status. We were in the room only a few minutes when another guest was at our door with the same room assignment. I know it was not a guests mistake because he showed me the key holder that had the same room number on it.

The rooms seem to have recently been refurbished in the past couple of years to the new Courtyard decor. Everything was clean and in good working order. Plenty of towels and pillows were provided. The bathroom has shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, body wash in addition to facial soap and bath soap. A refrigerator and 2 cup coffee pot are provided in the room. We selected this property due to its location and also because of the pool and hot tub. The pool was cooler than we like but probably set at the Marriott corporate temperature of 82 degrees. The hot tub is very large approximately 7' x 14' and was excellent for relaxing. Internet is provided at no charge but requires frequent re-logins for the service and you must agree to their terms and conditions. Not very difficult but it seems unnecessary. This hotel has a Bistro setup in the lobby. The cost for a breakfast platter is expensive at 9.95 and does not include coffee or juice. We will usually have breakfast at a Courtyard that has a restaurant. The Bistro is like a counter service self serve arrangement that is very expensive for the food and service provided. Haven eaten in a Bistro I avoid them because of the cost and lack of table service. This one was not very busy at all. Coffee is complimentary in the lobby if needed. There is a Dunkin Donuts less than 1/4 mile away that is very good and quite a bit less expensive.

Our room was cleaned and organized very well. The staff organized all out toiletries and even hung our bathing suits on a hanger in the bathroom. I had forgotten a charger in the room. I called and it had been turned in and the desk agent informed me irt will be mailed to me the next day.

Overall this is a great property. They seem to be very accommodating if you are visiting Bryant. This property is located about 3 miles from Bryant and if you are visiting Bryant I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent Courtyard experience. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us and our staff demonstrated great customer service. I am disappointed at check in you were not personally acknowledged and Thanked for your loyality with Marriott. Please be assured that I have addressed your feedback and comments with my staff in an effort to improve our service and services. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

I do hope if you are visiting the university again in the near future that our hotel will be your first choice for lodging. We look forward to your return visit.
Marty Ranone

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years, most recently for my brithday. My party was at a venue in the area and I wanted to be close to the party so that my birthday would not only be fun, but relaxing. The Courtyard in Lincoln made this possible. I checked in at 3pm, and since the party was not until 7pm, I was able to use the indoor pool facilities. I loved being able to alternate from the cooling waters of the pool to the powerful jets in the hot tub. I also saw that there was a gas firepit outside for guest use, which is nice on a cool summer night.
The room itself was clean, modern and obviously recently updated. The bed was very comfortable and the whole stay was very relaxing.
They seem to have done away with the Marriot brunch that used to be offered at this location, but there is still a menu and a bar available for those staying at the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to business travelers, or those needing to stay close to family as it is a nice little retreat. As for a couple's getaway, the location is really not suited for this as Lincoln, RI is not really a tourist destination, but it was great for our purposes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent Courtyard experience. I am so pleased that our hotel and the amenities that we offer contributed to a great birthday weekend. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your celebration. I hope that you are able to visit us again; perhaps, during the warmer months where you can enjoy the ambiance of the outdoor seating and fire pit. Again, thank you for your comments and feedback.

Marty M. Ranone

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
#1 of 1 in Pawtucket
All Seasons Inn & Suites
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield

Been to Courtyard Providence Lincoln? Share your experiences!