Courtyard Providence Lincoln
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night in early November. My sister, sister in law and myself took our mom here for a overnight stay and visit to the Twin Rivers Casino. The hotel was a perfect place to stay as it is about a 10 minute drive to the casino. The hotel offered a handicapped room for my mom. It was very nice and clean and the big shower was perfect for her. We also enjoyed the indoor heated pool, jacuzzi and fire pit. It was nice to grab a glass of wine and relax outdoors (even in early November). The breakfast was very convenient and the staff was very friendly. We are already planning another little get away some time in January.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Hello,

What a great way to start my Monday morning by reading your positive review on our property. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and feedback on Trip Advisor. I was so pleased that our room was perfect for your Mom and you were able to enjoy our outdoor space with fire pit and pool and jacuzzi. I will be sure to acknowledge the Bistro staff at our next employee luncheon.
I do hope you enjoyed the casino as well and departed with some of their money in your pockets!! We look forwward to "Welcoming" you back in January!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed at the Lincoln Courtyard Courtyard on October 26th and 27th 2013. Although we were early for check-in the girl was able to locate a room that was ready for us. While she did not mention my Elite status she did provide the Elite keys showing my status. Because we were attending Bryant University's family weekend we were able to use the special Bryant rate by calling the hotel directly.

The room was clean and everything was in proper order. The rooms look to have been refurbished within the last few years to the newer red Courtyard colors

The pool, spa and pool area is very well maintained and extremely clean with plenty of large towels available. The spa temperature was very nice allowing for a visit of several hours. However on Friday there was so much chlorine in the spa that it would burn your eyes when in the spa and also just in the pool area. The chemical had dissipated by Sunday morning. The pool was cool for me but was at a nice temperature for a cool off from the spa. The exercise room it seemed to be well equipped with plenty of new equipment. The seating area outside has a fire pit and a few tables and chairs and was also very clean. The fire was burning on Friday night but unfortunately it was too cold outside to enjoy.

This property has a Bistro. If you were to purchase a breakfast platter with coffee and juice the cost would be almost 20.00! Fortunately there is a Duncan Donuts less than 1/2 of a mile away. I saw many people with items from =Duncan and one woman asked where the Dunkin Donuts was because she went to the Bistro and found the prices outrageous.

This property is an good place to stay. They seem to appreciate the business Bryant gives them and I will definitely stay here again whenever I am visiting the University.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your great feedback on your recent Courtyard experience and Thank you for your loyality with Marriott. It sounded like you really enjoyed our property and appreciate that we offer Bryant University Family rates. I am disappointed that you chose not to eat breakfast at the Bistro. Although our cooked to order "Morning Scramble" is the most expensive item on our menu at $9.95, we offer many more selections at all price points. Our breakfast sandwiches, pastries, bagels and parfaits range from $3.25 to $7.50. Perhaps next time you will give us a try! I am confident that you will enjoy our offerings.
I have addressed your comments about the chlorine with the maintenance department. I do apologize that it appeared to be over chlorinated. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We certainly hope you will select our property again when travel brings you back to Rhode Island and "Welcome" you back.
Marty Ranone

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for business at the end of September. The room was very clean and looks recently renovated (or built). All the new courtyards are pretty much identical, so if you're stayed at another courtyard recently, you'll know what to expect. There are a few Italian restaurants down the street, but I would recommend driving as it is uphill and the cars along the road are going pretty fast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent Courtyard Experience. What a great compliment regarding the condition of our hotel. We're actually 10 years old and remodeled almost four years ago! I will certainly share your comments with the housekeeping department.They will be thrilled! Next time you are in Rhode Island, I hope that our hotel will be your first choice for lodging. It is our pleasure to be of service.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel is a pleasant place, close to a small shopping mall and convenient to Providence. The staff is extremely warm, helpful and welcoming. The rooms are bright and colorful and the pool was a welcome spot to relax. I would consider coming again, "just because!"

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your recent Courtyard experience with us. I was so happy to read that our team delivered outstanding customer service and services to you, and you enjoyed the rooms and public spaces of the hotel. More importantly, reading that you will visit us again really made my day! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service. I look forward to "welcoming" you back.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed here after we watched a Patriots preseason game. Hotel was very clean, front desk staff were very friendly and provided excellent information for local restaurants and take out food choices. Room (306) was very clean, updated decor and free wifi. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mark_W_PA
mmran, General Manager at Courtyard Providence Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for writing about your recent Courtyard experience with us. I'm a huge Patriot's fan as well! There is a great partnership in place with Courtyard's and the NFL. We celebrate a couple of times a week in the Bistro during the season when games are televised. The Bistro really comes alive!! I am so happy to share your comments with my entire staff on the service and services that you received! I really have a wonderful and dedicated group of hospitality associates! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service and we look forward to "Welcoming" you back again.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was in town on business for a few days and chose this place to stay as it was close to the site I was at and there isn't exactly a ton of choices around Smithfield.
The interior was in great condition, clearly recently remodeled. The pool was closed for maintenance, the workout room was small, but it had enough space to use the free weights.
My room was great, typical layout of a recently remodeled Courtyard. The bathroom had a little more space that I am accustomed to in non luxury hotels, which I was pleased with. The only real downside I thought was the slight odor of must when I would enter the room. Not sure what it came from, but it wasn't strong enough to remember after a minute or two.
When I return to the area, I'll be checking in there again as it was pleasant enough to not warrant staying farther away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Khasimir

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your recent Courtyard experience with us. I was so pleased that your first impression of our property was that it had been recently remodeled. Our renovation actually took place almost four years ago! So, your comments are really quite complimentary. More important; however, is learning that we will be your first choice for lodging when travel brings you back to the Lincoln/Smithfield area. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service and to "Welcome" you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Arrived on a Sunday night, stayed in room 505. For $147 senior rate we were checked in with our Marriott platinum card and offered the usual snack or bonus points. At every other Marriott through the years our platinum status provided us either a complimentary buffet breakfast, or voucher for breakfast. No matter the size or category of the hotel, we were always given extra benefits for being loyal customers. Since the front desk did not offer anything at check in I called own in the morning just before 9 AM. I asked if breakfast was complimentary, and she said no it was based on whatever was ordered, and then told me it ended at 9:30. If you re on vacation and not a business person, want to sleep to 9 AM, you are rushed or not even able to get down in time. What is the urgency to close down so early, do vacationers not count, or only the business people whose bills are paid by wealthy companies. The other negative far less important was that the refrigerator in the room had nothing in it. No big deal except when my wife went to make coffee, she figured a few real dairy creamers would be in the fridge. She found some powdered cream in a plastic bag with a spoon and sugar. I don't drink coffee, but to her it seemed cheap to not a have 25 cents worth of real cream or half and half in the fridge.

The hotel lobby was attractive and well laid out. The room was nice but when the neighbor closed his blinds I thought he was in our room, paper thin walls it seems. Things were clean and the bed was nice for sleeping. The hotel parking lot shares its entrance with a gas station and convenience store which said it had hot dogs and other food. A half mile down the road the mall had a Stop & Shop, McDonalds and Five Guys amongst other stores.

If you are a not a platinum member this hotel may be fine, we will never return !

Room Tip: The front highway rooms were a bit noisy from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Lincoln. I am really disappointed reading that you won't stay with us again. As a Platinum member, I am sorry that we failed to recognize and demonstrate our appreciation of your partnership and loyalty with Marriott. Unfortunately, Courtyard's do not provide a complimentary breakfast to our guests although our full service Marriott Hotels and Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, JW Marriott and Autograph Collection do provide this ammenity. Perhaps there will be a time when all properties in the Marriott brand will be allowed to do so. Had we known that you preferred fresh cream for your coffee, we would have gladly delivered this to your room from the restaurant. Once again, I am sorry that we let you down.
Marty M. Ranone

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincoln
Hampton Inn & Suites Providence/Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Smithfield - Providence
All Seasons Inn & Suites
All Seasons Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Smithfield

Been to Courtyard Providence Lincoln? Share your experiences!