The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Compton
The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at the Edith Pearl B&B and it was a relaxing and beautiful experience. Deb and Hawkeye (her beautiful collie) were very accommodating and made our stay very comfortable. We both work a lot so it was very nice to be able to enjoy ourselves in the lovely location.

We will be happily staying again!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jtutalo
There are newer reviews for The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 7 October 2013

It is conveniently located to the Sakonnet Vineyard but not to anything else. The pet-friendly room was OK but not special considering what the room cost. The room had a broken windo pane which allowed in a very strong wind and later that night, the rain. Much of the house needed maintainence. Our dog enjoyed the experience, I think, more than my wife and I did.

Room Tip: The room for non-pet persons looks nicer than the pooch-friendly room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iosilver
sleepswithd0gs, Owner at The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

We are always disappointed to hear a guest was unhappy with their stay.
A one night stay costs more than a two or more night stay.
The two queens are equally popular; one room is not better than the other.
Originally the guest's son was to stay the one night and paid in advance for the room. The father who ended up staying brought along a dog, so had to be swithched to the "dog friendly" room. The dog fee was waived knowing the dog would need puppy sitting while the owners were out and they were advised in advance of the hourly fee.
All guests are told where to knock on my door in the night if they need assistance. With the unexpected rain storm, the guests should have tapped on my door and I would have simply closed the storm window. Unfortunately a prior guest broke the window and we are on the list for the repair person to fix it.
The house is 184 years old so is in need of constant attention which can be hard during the busy season. When one runs a one-woman, year round operation, repairs and projects will often need to take place during guest visits. For instance at the time of this visit power washing of house and decks was underway, soon to be painted. Interior paint was being scraped and readied for painting. Work ceases when guests are present so they are not disturbed.
If a guest does not issue a complaint while staying, there is little I can do to help.
Said guests did mention the breakfast was great and did strike up a pleasant friendship with the other guests. I always recommend guests look at the website photos and ask questions before booking.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Just completed a great weekend in Little Compton. The B&B was a welcome change from hotels.
The location was beautiful. Deborah, the innkeeper,was very accommmodating. Wine and cheese upon arrival. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank joann10s
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My husband and I had a brief stay here on a winter weekend. Even in January it was charming. Little Compton is a quiet, beautiful hamlet surrounded by farms and a breathtaking waterfront. We stayed in the large master bedroom known as the Pirate Girl's King suite which was such a luxurious treat. All of our needs were taken care of including an awaiting fire and a carafe of water with two glasses. We felt like guests in a friend's home. The accomdodations were very comfortable. We enjoyed talking with Deborah, the owner, at breakfast the next morning. She was happy to make us whatever we wanted for breakfast and paid special attention to making sure my meal was gluten free because of my allergy. We enjoyed the company of her residing dogs and even were given a fun show of their accomplished agility training.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We had a romantic getaway weekend this fall and had a terrific experience at the Edith Pearl. Deborah, the innkeeper, is a wonderful host, always accommodating and an awesome chef! Her breakfast definitely made it into my top 10 best breakfast meals of all time. The inn was homey and comfortable, the Pirate Girl King’s Suite was spectacular. The bucolic surroundings of a working farm surrounding the inn added to the experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AGuyFrom02492
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Edith Pearl immensely. We had the King & Queen suite with what had to me one of the largest, most comfortable bed either of us had ever slept in. Deborah was attentive and welcoming with champagne and chocoloate. Her little extra touches throughout our staye were lovely. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My partner and I really enjoyed our weekend at the Edith Pearl. The house was tastefully appointed, the rooms were clean and spacious, the four poster bed was both beautiful and comfortable. Deb, the innkeeper, could not be more friendly and helpful, offering advice on where to go for dinner, to the beach, and to kayak. Breakfast was just great. She makes fabulous Belgian waffles. Ask Deb to show you how her dog Hawkeye can run and jump though an agility course she set up in the backyard. Great fun. Finally, Little Compton is a beautiful and peaceful oasis, a special place to escape. All in all, a great weekend. Thanks Deb!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Castle Hill Inn
Castle Hill Inn
#2 of 21 in Newport

Been to The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!