The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast
US$312
Agoda.com
Bay Willows Inn(Middletown)
US$78
Cambria Hotels Newport(Middletown)(Great Value!)
US$332
US$251
CambriaHotels
The Sea Breeze Inn(Middletown)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$112
Hotels.com
Sea Whale Motel(Middletown)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$205
US$191
Official Hotel
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Needing a few days to regroup after packing up the rental cottage of 8 weeks, we were in luck to find room at THE EDITH PEARL , in which to breath easier and gather our thoughts.

Deb LeLevier, the owner, couldn't of been more helpful in making us feel welcomed. It's not often that the traveler/guest is made to feel as if the inn is there for one to really enjoy, rather than a place to just spend the night.

Breakfast was AWESOME and Deb's focus on our personal likes and dislikes was utmost in her mind.

We were so thrilled with the two nights that we have already made reservations for next August 2010.

The area of Little Compton, where the B&B is located ,is from another time and place, with unbelievable vistas of the Atlantic Ocean along back country roads that everyone should experience.

We absolutely recommend The Edith Pearl to anyone looking to revive one's soul in these hectic times we live in.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2009

We had a lovely weekend with delicious fresh breakfasts. The bed was very comfortable and lots of clean towels. We were the only couple there so sharing the bathroom was not an issue, but I could see where it would get a bit cramped with other guests. Going off season was lovely. Deborah was an exuberant host.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2008

We spent a wonderful weekend at the Edith Pearl inn. It is a beautiful old house decorated in the traditional old style. It is centrally located and only a short drive from the beaches. If you like farm fresh produce the house is directly across the street from the farm stand!! The host, Deborah makes an excellent breakfast with fresh berries and the best quality ingrediants. Oh, and great coffee. The rooms are clean and she even places fresh cut flowers for your pleasure. Deborah is very personable and can share books and stories of her exotic travels, or demonstrate the many talents of her cute dogs. but probably the coolest thing about the place is a rustic outdoor shower that washes away all of that city stress!!

Reviewed 16 November 2008

My husband and I stayed at Edith Pearl for a weekend at the end of October. The main reason we chose this place was because it encouraged guests to bring their dogs (we have an 11 year old lab). I fully understand that a negative review could affect Deborah's business so I do not write this easily, but I feel a responsibility to other travelers and their animals. While we were out to dinner one evening, Deborah took it upon herself to treat our dog for a supposed ear infection. She put a prescription medicine that she had on hand for her dogs into our dog's ears. Deborah is NOT a vet and should never use a prescription medication on anyone else's animal. The result is that, a few days after returning from RI, our dog experienced a dramatic hearing loss which, 3 weeks later and after two visits to our vet, has not resolved itself. Hearing loss is a side effect of the medication Deborah gave our dog. Upon informing her of the results of her having put this medicine in our dog's ears, Deborah felt there was nothing wrong with what she had done. For this reason, I would caution other guests who are considering bringing their dogs to Edith Pearl to do so with their eyes wide open.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank doitnow2
sleepswithdogs, owner at The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2008

I have owned and loved Labs for 41 collective years; all lived healthy, long lives. I am well known as an excellent dog owner with exceptionally well behaved, healthy, and active dogs and am frequently told people want to be reincarnated as one of my dogs!
The "Dogs owners take care" people arrived with their Lab who had a very irritated and narrowed ear canal, just petting the area was uncomfortable for the dog. They were unaware of the ear's condition, had not yet seen a vet, and when all was said and done seem to take no responsibility for the dog's condition. It is unclear how long it had the infection.
They left their dog with me while out to dinners and on a daylong excursion without a second thought. No other guests have done this and normally there is a fee for pet sitting. They were not charged nor they did not offer to pay. They encouraged me to crate the dog, but being a Lab lover, I left it free to roam the house and exercise with my dogs. I did put one drop of medicine in the painful ear and when I told them they were grateful. I treated this dog as I would my own.
When they contacted me, I did offer apologies and sympathy, and asked if there was anything I could do. This is not reflected in their review. They blame me for causing the dog's deafness ignoring the fact that prolonged, untreated ear infections can cause deafness.
Furthermore this couple had a very nice visit and enjoyed many "extras", no charge, including pre-arranging a requested appointment. They essentially recommend my inn "to no one" and there I must disagree. First, dogs are not in danger here. In my two short seasons I have hosted two hundred plus guests ranging in age from 2 months old to 90 years young. They have been from all over the world and include families, singles, couples, gal pals, gays and lesbians, and many guests with pets; all have left happy and many have returned.

Reviewed 31 October 2008

The Edith Pearl was perfect for our weekend getaway from Brooklyn! My family has spent summers in Little Compton since before I was born (since before my DAD was born!), and my husband and I were married there two years ago. So, this fall when we wanted to spend our anniversary back in LC, we needed a place to stay since the family's house was already closed for the season. We were made to feel right at home and even though the weather was chilly we were cozy Principessa room. Greeted by owner Deborah and her two friendly and impeccably behaved dogs this was just the weekend we hoped for. In walking distance to Sakonnet Vineyards and short drive to the beach and great shops in Tievrton Four Corners.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)