“Edith Pearl is a "pearl" of a B and B”

The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Compton
The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast
Cohasset, Massachusetts
“Edith Pearl is a "pearl" of a B and B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

Edith Pearl B and B in Little Compton, RI is a very clean, charming, little place with an energetic, interesting owner with 2 gorgeous border collies, one of whom will demonstrate his many talents for you in the back yard. Conveniently located on Rt 77, we were able to ride our bikes to various locations easily. Breakfast was a delicious feast of whatever we wanted (eggs, sausage, fruit salad, Eng. muffin, juice, coffee). Deb the owner was very helpful in planning our excursions. Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Granby, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

We first arrived after dark and a long drive with our 2 teenagers and dog. After checking in Deborah quickly called a restaurant for us to make sure the kitchen would stay open, it was helpful and a great recommendation. We brought our black lab and felt welcome with our dog. I can understand the house rule of leashes on dogs in the house, many dogs will just jump on furniture and there have to be some rules for a business. The dog was happy, the house dogs were well behaved and never walking around the house themselves. The decor was eclectic and comforting with antiques around. The beds were comfortable and the rooms a nice size and the house was clean. Breakfast was wonderful with great fruit salad and homemade treats. Deborah told us which beaches were best and was great with our dog and teenagers, even showing them her dogs running their agility course and letting them try to do it with the dogs. We felt at home in her house and yard and the dogs played well together. We had a lovely weekend and would definitely recommend the Edith Pearl. I would also highly recommend happy hour on the beach on a warm September evening, it was beautiful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
San Diego, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

Absolutey delightful is how I would describe my second visit to the lovely Edith Pearl. We stayed in the suite, which was so wonderful the first time and even better the second time. I just wish I could take Deborah and the Edith Pearl where ever I travel. I guess the best compliment a traveler can give is, "it's just like home". Deborah and her very delightful dogs make you feel so welcome and cozy that you never want to leave!!! The breakfast is out of this world. I can't wait until she starts serving lunch and dinner! I can honestly say that my husband and I have never stayed at a place that was more charming than the Edith Pearl. We can't wait until our next visit!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank khawkes
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2010

Our major concern for a recent wedding in Little Compton, was, "where will we stay". We are frequent travelers, but seldom stay at B&B's..preferring luxury hotels. The Edith Pearl was the perfect location for all of the wedding activities, so we thought, "why not?"......What a surprise! My husband and I had the master suite....beautifully furnished, spacious, with a bucolic view ...and what a great four poster bed!!! This place has character ... a lovely change from sterile luxury hotel rooms. Deborah is engaging and energetic and enjoys her guests and takes pride in what she does.......so, our impression of "a B&B" has been elevated by our very positive experience at the Edith Pearl.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

If you are planning a weekend to Little Compton, this is a great option. The area is great and the B&B is fairly central. The rooms were comfortable and thoughtfully set out. We didn't stay in the suite, but took a look and it looked amazing. Deborah was an attentive host. She has paid a lot of attention to the decor. The breakfasts were excellent.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

I love staying at the Edith Pearl. We have been there 3 times and have stayed on the third floor which has 2 cozy bedrooms, a sitting room and a bathroom. This has been perfect for my husband and me, our two daughters and our small dog. The rate was very reasonable and having the third floor to ourselves provides complete privacy and lots of room. There is a large bedroom which I saw on the second floor which is gorgeous with a stunning view, I'd like to stay there someday when it is just my husband and myself. The house is beautifully furnished and very comfortable, not cheesey or cutesy at all like B&B's sometimes are. It is on a large property with magnificent, mature trees and a flagstone patio that looks out on the fields of a working farm. The town center of Little Compton is a precious reminder of life in America before franchised stores and restaurants, bring your bikes and tennis gear, the courts are free and usually empty, and there is not a more beautiful bike ride anywhere. There is a public beach about a 15 minute drive away and when you return to the Edith Pearl you can use the enclosed outdoor shower. Newport is a 40 minute drive away as is Providence. Walk across the street for great baked goods at the shop that sells coffee, lemonade, sandwiches and other treats at Walker's Farm Stand.
The Edith Pearl is a hidden gem in an area that will remind you of the countryside of England with stone walls and green hills rolling down to the sea.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

Beautiful inn that offers relaxation, great breakfast and cute dogs

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#3 of 21 in Newport

Been to The Edith Pearl Historic Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!