“Just Ok for the Price”

Travelodge Middletown Newport Area
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I selected this property after reading through reviews on different sites and getting a fair price using TINGO. I was surprised that about 95% of it was a motel with limited square footage in the room. Although the room and common areas were clean, the mattress caved in towards the middle. Also, our "pre-assigned" (?) room had a rapidly leaking faucet in the shower which the front desk told me they were aware of when I reported it. I had to plead my case & convince the young man to change my room after he said repairs would not be done because all rooms were booked and they would have to turn off the source feeding water to that entire section of the property. He was somewhat bothered as well that I might have upset something in the room after housekeepers had cleaned it. It took less than 10 minutes for me to step in & out of the room & bathroom. I chose to stay here & not seek a room elsewhere in lieu of losing the money already charged to my credit card. Check-out was a more positive experience with a varied selection of hot & cold free breakfast items. I do not plan to stay at this Travelodge again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Travelodge_Newport, Manager at Travelodge Middletown Newport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,
We apologized for inconvenience during your recent stay with us. We are trying to analyze each review as it provides us the area in which we need to improve. We are glad that you like our “bear bite breakfast”.
Our staff is highly train to recognize rentable room condition v/s immediate fix, your candid evaluation provide us chance to retrain our staff and improve. Please give us second chance to prove our quality level and guest comfort. Please do not hesitate to call us directly on Ph# 401-849-4700.
Nick
Travelodge
Middletown, RI

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here for one night, we had a room with 2 queen size beds, the room was very big, had a large refrigerator and microwave, the bathroom was very clean and big. The room was also very clean and comfrotable beds, also great high speed internet. The front desk staff were also very friendly and helpful. If you neeed a place to stay in this area I would highly recommend the Travelodge!

Room Tip: did not use a restaurant, and don't know if there was a fitness center
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are so glad you that you recommend Travelodge. We are located just 3 miles away from downtown Newport and close to really good restaurant. Would love to see you again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2013

nice rooms that were recently remodeled. older style motel with parking by your room door. average free breakfast included. decent pool. decent location three or four miles outside of newport. (you can can take the back way to newport and avoid all of the traffic). nothing to complain about here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

It was a decent hotel, although I wasn't sure why the customer before me received a cheaper rate than me. Breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My boyfriend and i didnt like the fact that the rooms were not soundproof and we can hear regular conversation from rooms next to us. This disturbed our sleeping time and was annoying especially the doors slamming shut would wake us very early in the morning. The waffle machine needs to be improved and more stable because the nozzle broke off while i tried to fill the cup with the waffle mix and it splattered all over my face and the poor lady next to me. So maybe less than fair experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I recently stayed here for the United healthcare Marathon and was in the room for a total of 8 hours to sleep and shower. When I checked my bank statement online I noticed an extra charge for $100! I called the hotel and they said we had "knocked the safe off the wall" WHAT? How do you knock a safe off the wall, arent they bolted in? I didn't even notice the safe in the room. I think I talked to the owner and he was quite rude towards the end of the call and actually hung up on me. For $200 a night plus the $25 late check out fee so I could shower you would think we stayed in the Marriott but no... I was ok to overlook the nasty musty smell of the room and the banging noise that was keeping me up that continued all night but now them trying to charge us for property damage that didn't happen makes me not ok to overlook the imperfections! The girl who checked me in was fantastic but that was the only good part of the stay. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple