“Impressed!”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Westfield
“Impressed!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Just got here and am more than impressed with the grounds, the room and the staff... Outdoor pool is nice when its not "beach weather". Nice quick breakfast before beaching it!!! Will definately stay again!! Clean room, quiet hotel... Staff helpful & friendly!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Emcat417

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Middletown
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stayed at this motel for the last four annual visits to visit my son who resides in Newport, the site is always clean, the staff is professional and friendly. The breakfast has options and the pool is a bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Margaret C
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

we stayed in Middletown as opposed to Newport and we saved so much money! We were very happy with the service and the quality of the room we stayed in! I would recommend Travel Lodge to anyone looking to do sometraveling. It was very moderately priced and it was so much more than expected. We will be looking for them in any state we travel to from now on!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KaitlynMazz3
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The people at the front desk were kind - so I really hesitate to describe my room, but I wish that I had read a review warning me to avoid this place. Actually, I did read reviews, and they sounded fine. I was dropping my son at camp, so I was not looking for luxury for this two night stay. What I found was not acceptable. The reception was cordial, and the check in process was fine. My room had a heavy pet odor, which I tried to ignore, but could not. I worried that if I tried to sleep there I'd be wheezy and red eyed in the middle of the night. I asked for a new room, which they quickly offered and it was larger than my first at no additional cost ( very generous). I was also assured that no pets were ever allowed in the hotel.
The next room had the same heavy odor, and by this point I was already reacting to the animal smells from the first room. This room also had a broken dead bolt, which made me nervous.
I have to give the front desk staff a lot of credit. There was no way that I was going to sleep in this hotel, and although I was nice about it, they understood, and made sure that my reservation was cancelled for me.
They handled an unfortunate situation in a very professional manner.
Fortunately, I was able to book a room less than half a mile down the road that was much cleaner and with no odor. It was about $20 more per night - but that was money well spent!

Room Tip: I think that the interior rooms might be nicer. Both rooms that I mention had exterior entrances and...