“Great wedding stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Hampton Inn offered us comfy accommodations and great customer service when we booked rooms for family and friends in connection with our son's wedding. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable, swapping rooms, providing extras, and answering questions about the area. We enjoyed the full breakfasts, which varied daily, even down to the available nuts for the oatmeal. Kudos!

Room Tip: Great to have a microwave & frig.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you so much for writing such a great review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown. I'm so glad you had a fantastic stay with us. We value the feedback we receive from our travelers and I will make sure to share your comments with everyone at the hotel. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I were planning a last minute trip to RI to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. Many hotels nearby were available, but I remembered that we stayed in a Hampton Inn this past summer in SC, and figured that trying another Hampton would be a wise decision (as we had a great exp. in SC). My husband contacted the hotel this past Saturday, early in the morning, looking for a check in that same day. The woman that he spoke to offered us a two queen room (as this was the only available room at this late date). We checked on any disc. that they may offer, and ended up getting a very competitive rate (compared to other local chains). Before we arrived in RI, I contacted the hotel personally and spoke with a woman named Susan. I told her that we were celebrating an anniversary and asked if the hotel may do anything to accommodate its guests. She said that they could provide us with a complimentary bottle of red or white wine, which would be in our room upon arrival. I chose red. We arrived a little after 5 p.m. and were greeted and checked in immediately by the friendly staff at the counter. When we arrived at our room on the 3rd flr., we were pleasantly surprised and were glad things were clean. The only problem that we encountered was that the wine was not in our room. I quickly called the front desk and explained what I was told by one of their associates (as I figured that maybe our room was changed or someone simply forgot to bring the wine up). As fate would have it, I was lucky enough to have spoken to JJ. He told me that things would be taken care of. I asked him if he could also provide cups/glasses for the wine and he said, "no problem." After that, my husband and I went into Newport, figuring we would enjoy a glass of wine upon our return. To our surprise, upon our return back to our room, there was a small gift bag on the table with a small bottle of red wine from the local Newport Vineyards. JJ even thought about a cork screw and included one for us compliments of Hampton Inns. He even went a step further...providing us with wine glasses that were engraved with 2013 by the same local winery. What a classy touch. We were so impressed with his attention to detail. JJ really made our night. During the night, while I was fast asleep, my husband had to call the front desk again, as he told JJ that the toilet was clogged/not flushing properly. JJ told my husband that he could send someone up immediately. Not wanting to disturb me, my husband simply asked for a plunger...which was immediately brought to the room and problem was solved. Lastly, before leaving on Sunday, I called down to the front desk to thank JJ for his help. I also told him that my husband loved the RI attractions book that they supply in the room to read. I also noticed that it is a copy that you keep in the room. I asked JJ where we might obtain/purchase a copy and he told me that he would check to see if they had an extra @ the front desk. JJ gave a copy to my husband, upon our departure...and he couldn't have been happier! What a nice wedding anniversary stay it was @ Hampton Inn. Thank you, JJ, for your impeccable service!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Congratulations on your Anniversary. Newport is such a beautiful place to spend your special weekend. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I will make sure that Susan and J.J. see your positive comments. We at the Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Middletown pride ourselves in our great customer service. We truly appreciate care about our guests, and I think it shows! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stay at the Hampton only for a day. Hotel is very clean, staff was very welcoming. This is a great place to stay with your family. Only issue I had were the mattresses. We booked 2 rooms and both had bad mattresses. Overall had a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our Hampton Inn. I really appreciate the nice comments about your stay, aside from the uncomfortable mattress. I’m sure it was rather disappointing to not get a comfortable night’s sleep. The Cloud 9 Mattresses are made special for Hampton Inn by Serta. I will share your comments with our maintenance department to assure they are being inspected and rotated. I would love for you to come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel was so very clean, the breakfast buffet was just wonderful, the staff so friendly and helpful with directions (they supplied us with direction cards from the hotel to all the points of interest that we requested). This was a "fun girlfriends trip" and after a long day out touring and shopping it was nice to come back to a clean room and very comfortable beds. (they were the best). The rooms are very large and the hotel was extemely quiet. Overall it was a 5 star hotel....I would suggest if you are in Middletown RI to consider this hotel ....you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am delighted you picked our hotel out of all the choices you have in the area for your girls’ weekend! You certainly picked the right one! We have so much to offer and I am glad you enjoyed it all. We have a vast selection of direction cards for so many locations in the area, our guests find them very helpful, and I am happy you did as well. Thank you for your wonderful review, I look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Hampton Inn, Middletown was a perfect alternative to the extremely pricey accommodations in Newport (although more expensive than Hampton Inns located elsewhere, which I understand the reasoning). Additional reasons for selecting the Hampton Inn was knowing they have freshly laundered duvet covers (I tend to be allergic to most hotel rooms and this was fine) and I liked having a refrigerator in the room (could take cold soda and water along with us in our cooler). Cleanliness...ehh, that the best, but not the worst (some mildew in corner of tub and not vacuumed behind the chair). It's nice being able to have hot tea or coffee at any time during the day, and not solely at breakfast. There is a great assortment of breakfast foods in which to choose (I love that they had fresh fruit and yogurt). One issue that was not the fault of the hotel was the fact that there was night construction going on the 2 nights we stayed there, which was quite loud. Fortunately, the sound could be muted by keeping the a.c. fan on throughout the night; it would have been nice to receive a discount). I would definitely recommend this hotel and should we be in the area again stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

We are so happy you that you picked our hotel and enjoyed all of our amenities including the microwave and refrigerator in the room! Our full hot breakfast is one of the amenities that makes Hampton Inn a top choice, and are happy you enjoyed it. We hope you come back to stay with us soon. We know there are many choices in the Newport/Middletown area, but we are happy you made the right one by staying with us! We love having you here!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Excellent hotel which is clean and comfortable with a friendly and efficient staff. It's a great location for touring the sights around Newport. The complementary breakfast hot food menu changes each day and is well serviced.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are thrilled that we are your choice amongst all the hotels in the area for your vacation. We can't wait to have you back and now there is no reason to look any further, as you found the best choice in Newport/Middletown. We love having you here!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here using award nights via Hilton, so our stay was free.

Check-in was fast, friendly and accommodating. Other than that, we did not have any contact with the front desk.

Room was clean and decently-appointed. Shower was clean and hot. Climate control worked well, but was a little on the loud side. Room itself could not be completely darkened due to shades that didn't fully shut, and the parking lot lights outside. Other than that, we didn't have any complaints about the room. Housekeeping was fine and they left a note stating who was taking care of our room (and a couple of mints). Bed comfort was not great, but reasonably good.

Breakfast was what you'd expect from the Hilton chain - complimentary and a step above continental. Make-your-own waffles, and eggs, sausage, and topped bagels. Nothing special, but it was free and we were good with that.

Getting into the hotel lot from the south is fine, but leaving is more difficult as you need to navigate through an Applebee's lot and then try to cross heavy traffic to go back south.

It's about a 5-10 minute ride to Newport and so the location was acceptable for our purposes.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Honors member, it is guests like you that make Hampton Inn so special. On your next visit to our hotel, we will make sure to put you on the other side of the hotel away from the parking lot lights. Your satisfaction is top priority. I appreciate your candid feedback, and hope to see you on your next visit to Newport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Courtyard Newport Middletown
Courtyard Newport Middletown
#8 of 18 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport
Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Cambria Hotel & Suites Newport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown? Share your experiences!