“Great Property, Great Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
New York, New York, United States
“Great Property, Great Staff”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The Hampton Inn & Suites Newport-Middletown is a well maintained and modern interior property close to the heart of Newport Rhode Island. The staff here is attentive and responsive and really make the property truly special. The room was clean, fresh and comfortable and the location was convenient to all Newport has to offer. I would recommend the Hampton Inn in Newport to any guest traveling to Rhode Island.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for the great feedback. Our staff takes pride in helping every guest have a memorable experience. We want everyone to make a connection and know that we truly care about each and every guest. We strive to make your stay the very best, because we know we are your "home away from home" and want you to be treated that way! We are glad you had a great time. Please come back and enjoy our hotel on your next visit to the area. We love having you here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Stayed 2 nights on family trip to Newport. 5 minutes away from downtown Newport, 10-15 to local beaches. Clean room. Indoor pool a hit with our 2 teens and hot tub was great for dad. Breakfast was sufficient -- self-made waffles were a hit, but egg offerings were blah. Fresh coffee/tea available in lobby all day. Rate is much better than anything you'd find in-town. Not really near much, but I guess there was a CVS around the corner (we didn't need to go) and there are 1 or 2 restaurants close by if you're desperate -- but you're much better off going into Newport.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Thank you for your nice review of the Hampton Inn & Suites and our amenities. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and all that we have to offer. The waffles are almost always a big hit, and I am glad we didn't disappoint you! We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.
Lebanon, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel provided excellent customer service. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was wonderful. Would highly recommend anyone to stay at this Hampton. It is conveniently close to the mansions in Newport and the staff was extremely courteous.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Thanks for staying with us while in Newport! We are happy you enjoyed our delicious hot breakfast. I hope you were able to fix yourself a Belgian Waffle, they are always a favorite of many of our guests. Please come back soon and stay with us again! We look forward to meeting and exceeding your expectations every time you stay with us!
Hingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Hampton Inn offered us comfy accommodations and great customer service when we booked rooms for family and friends in connection with our son's wedding. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable, swapping rooms, providing extras, and answering questions about the area. We enjoyed the full breakfasts, which varied daily, even down to the available nuts for the oatmeal. Kudos!

Room Tip: Great to have a microwave & frig.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a great review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown. I'm so glad you had a fantastic stay with us. We value the feedback we receive from our travelers and I will make sure to share your comments with everyone at the hotel. We look forward to your return!
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I were planning a last minute trip to RI to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. Many hotels nearby were available, but I remembered that we stayed in a Hampton Inn this past summer in SC, and figured that trying another Hampton would be a wise decision (as we had a great exp. in SC). My husband contacted the hotel this past Saturday, early in the morning, looking for a check in that same day. The woman that he spoke to offered us a two queen room (as this was the only available room at this late date). We checked on any disc. that they may offer, and ended up getting a very competitive rate (compared to other local chains). Before we arrived in RI, I contacted the hotel personally and spoke with a woman named Susan. I told her that we were celebrating an anniversary and asked if the hotel may do anything to accommodate its guests. She said that they could provide us with a complimentary bottle of red or white wine, which would be in our room upon arrival. I chose red. We arrived a little after 5 p.m. and were greeted and checked in immediately by the friendly staff at the counter. When we arrived at our room on the 3rd flr., we were pleasantly surprised and were glad things were clean. The only problem that we encountered was that the wine was not in our room. I quickly called the front desk and explained what I was told by one of their associates (as I figured that maybe our room was changed or someone simply forgot to bring the wine up). As fate would have it, I was lucky enough to have spoken to JJ. He told me that things would be taken care of. I asked him if he could also provide cups/glasses for the wine and he said, "no problem." After that, my husband and I went into Newport, figuring we would enjoy a glass of wine upon our return. To our surprise, upon our return back to our room, there was a small gift bag on the table with a small bottle of red wine from the local Newport Vineyards. JJ even thought about a cork screw and included one for us compliments of Hampton Inns. He even went a step further...providing us with wine glasses that were engraved with 2013 by the same local winery. What a classy touch. We were so impressed with his attention to detail. JJ really made our night. During the night, while I was fast asleep, my husband had to call the front desk again, as he told JJ that the toilet was clogged/not flushing properly. JJ told my husband that he could send someone up immediately. Not wanting to disturb me, my husband simply asked for a plunger...which was immediately brought to the room and problem was solved. Lastly, before leaving on Sunday, I called down to the front desk to thank JJ for his help. I also told him that my husband loved the RI attractions book that they supply in the room to read. I also noticed that it is a copy that you keep in the room. I asked JJ where we might obtain/purchase a copy and he told me that he would check to see if they had an extra @ the front desk. JJ gave a copy to my husband, upon our departure...and he couldn't have been happier! What a nice wedding anniversary stay it was @ Hampton Inn. Thank you, JJ, for your impeccable service!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
BonnieBrake, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Congratulations on your Anniversary. Newport is such a beautiful place to spend your special weekend. Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I will make sure that Susan and J.J. see your positive comments. We at the Hampton Inn & Suites Newport / Middletown pride ourselves in our great customer service. We truly appreciate care about our guests, and I think it shows! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope we will see you again in the future.
New York, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stay at the Hampton only for a day. Hotel is very clean, staff was very welcoming. This is a great place to stay with your family. Only issue I had were the mattresses. We booked 2 rooms and both had bad mattresses. Overall had a great stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking time to review our Hampton Inn. I really appreciate the nice comments about your stay, aside from the uncomfortable mattress. I’m sure it was rather disappointing to not get a comfortable night’s sleep. The Cloud 9 Mattresses are made special for Hampton Inn by Serta. I will share your comments with our maintenance department to assure they are being inspected and rotated. I would love for you to come and visit us again soon.
Bohemia, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel was so very clean, the breakfast buffet was just wonderful, the staff so friendly and helpful with directions (they supplied us with direction cards from the hotel to all the points of interest that we requested). This was a "fun girlfriends trip" and after a long day out touring and shopping it was nice to come back to a clean room and very comfortable beds. (they were the best). The rooms are very large and the hotel was extemely quiet. Overall it was a 5 star hotel....I would suggest if you are in Middletown RI to consider this hotel ....you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am delighted you picked our hotel out of all the choices you have in the area for your girls’ weekend! You certainly picked the right one! We have so much to offer and I am glad you enjoyed it all. We have a vast selection of direction cards for so many locations in the area, our guests find them very helpful, and I am happy you did as well. Thank you for your wonderful review, I look forward to having you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#3 of 21 in Newport
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown? Share your experiences!