“Friendly staff, very clean, convenient location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We would recommend this hotel to those traveling to the Newport RI area. The location of this hotel is prime with easy access to attractions. Very clean rooms and breakfast area and friendly staff. Sleeping accommodations were very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Carl S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back. We take pride in being a top choice in the Newport area and maintaining the high customer service and quality that your so nicely mentioned when taking the time to write this review. Our spacious suites are certainly amazing and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the new Homewood Suites Newport-Middletown!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was wonderful. The room was large, a kitchen is always a nice touch, the service was very good. The hotel was clean had a great location easy parking coffee available 24/7 and cookies were delicious!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Carl S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites Newport-Middletown. I was glad to see that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel. I am happy that our staff, complimentary wifi, breakfast, and dinner at our hotel met your needs. We do have a wonderful menu that changes daily! I hope you will come back with us again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The room look like it was brand new like no one had ever stayed in it before. The staff were truly the highlight of the stay. Trust me you will want to stay here if you are ever in the area and need a room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here on a three day trip to Newport. Fabulous service at the front desk (minus the last day upon checkout...the female who we handed our cards to had a bit of an attitude) however, being that the entire stay was great, we were willing to look that over. Great king suite, complete with all toiletries and blow dryer, kitchen which was fully stocked with supplies and a great room layout. We were incredibly comfortable and the room was really clean. The breakfast was fair, nothing to write home about but definitely decent. Cereals, bagels, hash browns, Belgian waffle station, eggs, sausage, coffees, teas and juice. It is offered in the dining room area between 6am and 10am which gives you enough time to get up and get ready!

Great location, you are about a mile from Newport. Central to many restaurants and area attractions. Definitely worth a stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CFS16

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We apologize for the incident you experienced at check out. It is our goal to meet all requests and exceed all expectations of every guest; we share and understand your disappointment. We also appreciate your honesty in this review as it is comments like these which help us improve. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of all of our great amenities along with the close proximity to downtown Newport and area shopping. We look forward to continuing to be your hotel of choice in the Newport area! Please feel free to contact us directly prior to your next arrival; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just got back today from an overnight trip to Newport and stayed at this hotel. Overall this hotel is exceptionally clean, I believe it is fairly new and the room was more than big enough for my wife and I (kitchen, living room, bedroom, two LG flat screen TV's). Breakfast was ok, nothing special, very similar to what some of the hotels are doing now in terms of make your own waffles, hash browns ect.. They could use an extra waffle maker so people don't have to wait as long. Checked in and got a warm welcome from Christine, however she informed me that there would be a Parade the morning of check out and the main Rd would be closed from 9:30-1. She told us that we were welcome to check out at 1 because no one was able to get in or out anyway. The next morning we had breakfast and when we were done I just wanted to confirm that there would not be any additional charges if we stayed till 1. I spoke with a manager and after explaining to her what I was told, she gave me what I feel was a dirty look and was very smug when she told me that I could not stay later and Christine should have not told me that, she came across with a serious lack of empathy and it was 5 min till 9:30. A girl named Meghan was at the front desk also and in a PROFESSIONAL manner explained to me why they couldn't do it, after i told her that they shouldn't have told me that they could. We rushed back to get our stuff so we could try to beat the road closing, but Meghan told us she spoke with someone else and we could stay. It was very nice of her but we already got our stuff and I was a bit aggravated at this point. I was just wondering why the manager who had her name on the door as a manager (I will avoid using her name) could not offer this and be a little more sympathetic? This is a very nice, very very clean hotel with a decent breakfast, and for the most part very nice people. Don't let the attitude of one person ruin your stay here, it is truly a nice place. Plain on the outside, but very nice inside.

Room Tip: Room at the end of the hall was very quite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank redsox4life

Thank you so much for choosing our new hotel! We apologize for the incident you experienced while staying at our facility. It is our goal to meet all requests and exceed all expectations of every guest; we share and understand your disappointment. We also appreciate your honesty in this review as it is comments like these which help us improve. Thank you for noticing the pride we take in keeping our rooms in great shape! We make it a point to make sure that our rooms are clean and that our staff is ready to provide great service. Please contact us directly prior to your arrival; we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

While this brand new property may not meet your expectation as a quaint Newport inn, it is a superior property in every other way. The rooms are large, new and clean. The beds and furnishings are both stylish and functional. The full kitchen is an excellent perk. While I did not use the cook-top, I did make great use of the full-sized fridge/freezer, sink, microwave and even the dishwasher!

The hotel has excellent amenities. The gym was far superior to many of similar class. The salt-water pool was excellent and refreshing. Even the guest laundry was convenient for my two-week stay. I did not make use of the business center but others that I know did and found it quite convenient. Heck, this place even has a small putting green though the property is so new that the putters (golf clubs) have not yet arrived. The complimentary breakfasts (daily) and dinners (Mon-Thurs) were very convenient and varied. I will say that I did not take great advantage of the dinners as I was limited in my opportunities to enjoy the variety of cuisines not available where I live. The dinners were nothing exceptionally fancy but were COMPLIMENTARY as were drinks - so they are a great additional value potential.

If you are coming to visit Newport, don't be fooled by the Middletown address. Newport's town line is less than a mile down the road making this place quite convenient and an excellent value.

The staff - I cannot say enough about the staff. Everyone is friendly and makes the guests feel valued. This goes beyond the front desk staff (who were amazing) but extend to the maintenance and housekeeping staff as well.

In short, you cannot go wrong here...

Room Tip: As great as my stay was, I did not like my room. I could have asked to change but didn't bother...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JSTrip_77

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you found Homewood Suites Newport-Middletown to be an excellent value. We look to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible. . We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back. We take pride in being a top choice in the Newport area and maintaining the high customer service and quality that you so nicely mentioned when taking the time to write this review. We are so happy you enjoyed our complimentary evening social, business center, fitness center, pool and patio area. It is certainly wonderful being the newest hotel in the Newport area. We love having you here and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Chris and Christine did their best to address a few concerns that my husband and I had, re: our arrival date and being told dinner would be available upon our arrival from PA. It turned out, there was a local Chamber of Commerce hosting a mixer of sorts in the dining area. Although Chris told us that we could share in the appetizers and libations, it was quite uncomfortable as we were not dressed in business attire.
Needless to say, no matter what concerns we had re: our stay, Christine (the Mgr.) addressed them with my husband before we left the hotel. She even provided us with a generous food card, which we used for lunch in Newport before heading home. Thank you for addressing our concerns. We appreciate it and will return to your lovely suites in the future!

Room Tip: Get the king suite with the pull out couch for teens. It has a TV in that room too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for choosing our new hotel! I appreciate your comments and we value your opinion and I am glad to hear that the issues you encountered were quickly rectified by our team. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of all of our great amenities along with the close proximity to downtown Newport and area shopping & dinning. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff; I will pass-along your compliments to the entire team. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Hotel Viking
Hotel Viking
#7 of 21 in Newport
Newport Beach Hotel and Suites

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!