“Breathtaking Views”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Views”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The walk at the nature center is well worth it. A well marked trail up to Hanging Rock with a perfect view of the Second Beach; Sakonnet River and the Sachuest State Park. The trail requires good shoes (sneakers are ok) because there are two rock scrambles. Probably not good for very young children. The hike was well worth the effort. Hike is about 2 miles round trip.

Visited May 2013

New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A good hike”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

At the welcome center the young man who took our admission payment said that his favorite was the ridge trail. He said it would take us about 40 minutes. It took us 1 hour and 45 minutes, largely because there was a lot of climbing on rocks, up and down. Even so, it was a beautiful trail, and by the end of it, we were happy to have done it. There are other easier trails on the property that provide woodland views. The ridge trail offers some views of water as well.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Carolyn K
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Norman Bird Sanctuary-Favorite Place to Visit!”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Imagine being able to hike your way through the gorgeous Newport, Rhode Island, the Norman Bird Sanctuary helps you achieve this. The Norman Bird Sanctuary is a nature preserve located on Aquidneck Island in the town of Middletown, Rhode Island. The trails are gorgeous and lead all the way around the island. Not only can you walk the trails at your own leisure but camps and trail groups are also available. Coming to the camps that Norman Bird Sanctuary offers has run in my family for as long as I can remember. It isn’t a complete summer without spending a week or two at the amazing camps that they offer. The consolers are always so kind and have a large amount of knowledge about the world around them; they make these simple trails into seven days of fun.
The camps they offer accept all ages and experience levels. You get make lifetime friends while experiencing the beauty that you wouldn’t have ever been able to see. For me and my family this camp is very important. All of us live on separate sides of the U.S, and it allows us to spend a week of fun together doing what we love to do. Even if you aren’t an “outdoorsy type” you can still have a great time. The sanctuary incorporates all aspects of day camps that appeal to all; they offer crafts, hiking, games, songs, and any other activity that a camp could offer. The Norman Bird Sanctuary is one of my favorite places to go when I come to Middletown in the summer. Even if you’re walking through the trails on your own the experience you receive is relaxing and refreshing. The trails lead you all along the small island, including the beach and all of the history this island has to offer. I would recommend this attraction to anyone who is thinking of visiting this island, I have been visiting for as long as I can remember and I will never get tired of it. In my eyes it is one of the most important places to visit here in Middletown. Make sure to put this on your to-do list for Rhode Island!

Visited July 2012
4 Thank MaeveMH
Newport, Rhode Island
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Quite solitude”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Very nice facilit thathas great walking trails through natural environment of Aquidneck Island, culminating in a nice overlook of Second Beach. A nice example of how Aquidneck Island used to be.

Visited September 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very nice trails”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

If you like to walk these trails are great and animal watching.this place is very serene I liked the pure beauty

Visited December 2012