“Great location. A nice place to stay.”

Comfort Inn at Newport Beach
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've stayed here in previous years and always book it ahead because it is a popular choice for wedding parties and people in general. The location is perfect for us because it is right across the street from the beach and the beach is right next to the cliff walk. My husband is a runner so he loves it. The breakfast is nice, the staff is friendly. One thing we learned this year is that all rooms are not created equal. We had booked 5 nights several weeks ahead. When we arrived we were told that they had a large wedding party in the hotel and that the hotel was completely full. They said that the room they were giving us was the only room they had for the night, but they would be happy to change us the following day. The room we got that night was a handicap equipped room on the 3rd floor. This means a larger bathroom, but smaller bedroom area. The room had no fridge or microwave, the heater was noisy, the toilet seat was round while the toilet was oblong so it didn't fit and there was no lid. The wireless internet was non existent, and at 6:30am there was a lot of traffic noise from the street. They were very apologetic and gave us a front corner room for the remainder of our stay. There was a nice view of the beach, but you need to be aware that the view rooms are near the road so there was still traffic noise between 6:30 and 7:30 in the morning. We hate to be complainers and since they obviously thought they were giving us a really nice room we stayed in it. I wore ear plugs, my husband just put up with it. This room was on the 2nd floor so was supposed to have better wireless internet connection, but it didn't. Most of the time the internet we got belonged to "Tickets" the restaurant across the street, which they also own. It was incredibly slow and undependable. There was good reception in the lobby and if you had a wire connection the service (so we were told) was good. That said we would definitely stay here again, it's a nice place with a good location. Ask for a room near the back if you want it quieter or take ear plugs along, and if you want a fridge/microwave be sure to request it when you reserve your room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a great place to stay in the off season as the prices are much better. The location is excellent as it's across the street from the beach and it's a short distance to the Cliff Walk. There are several places to eat within a short walk. The rooms are large and some have water views. Furnishings are typical for a Comfort Inn.

As others have said the breakfast room is way too small, and breakfast was sub-par even for a Comfort Inn. There were no hot options and cereal and bread options were limited. On the day I stayed there was no coffee creamer. How does that happen?

Room Tip: A great indoor pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank OmnivoreNH
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and found it very pleasant. The off season price was good, the room large and clean, the bathroom roomy and the shower nice, and location convenient. However, the breakfast room is way too small and uncomfortable to even go in for just coffee and the internet service was constantly not working.
The restaurant across the street on the ocean was very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank funinthesunConcord
Reviewed 23 April 2014

There isn't a whole lot special about this Comfort Inn. It met every expectation I had of the brand. What was nice is that it is across from Easton's Beach and restaurants and Cliff Walk are within walking distance. Breakfast is included but it is nothing special. Also, the breakfast room is really small and crowded. We stayed over the long Thanksgiving weekend. I'm sure the breakfast room is almost unbearable at the height of tourist season. For the price we paid, I have no complaints (especially when comparing it to the similarly priced Best Western which I believe is run by the same company) and I would definitely stay here again when going to Newport (outside of price gouging season!).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked the Comfort Inn in Middletown to extend my weekend in Newport. I had very low expectations since I paid $55 for the room off of a Groupon deal. I was amazed by the cleanliness, size of the bathroom, and the hotel amenities. For the Groupon deal, it was amazing! I had an ocean view room and was in walking distance of the Atlantic Beach Club and the beach. Overall a fantastic stay! I will admit though, I would not pay the full price for the hotel during season when the prices sky rocket into the $200's. It was a nice stay, but not worth that high of a price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked this hotel well in advance of our Easter weekend stay. The price was 1/2 of what the other hotels are charging. I thought that would mean 1/2 the service and quality of rooms. This was not the case. While not new the rooms are clean and modern and the service is very good. The indoor pool is a plus as is the free breakfast every morning ( a real $ saver ) the location is perfect for exploring Newport with a shuttle running on the weekends in the winter and all week in the summer. For the price and location it is the way to go. By the way Flo's next door was not one of the best places I've ever been to been to but was just ok. The view is very nice but don't buy the crab leg special. It's not worth the $.

Liam & Colleen
New York

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I needed a place to stay that was within my price range and I was very pleased with the accommodations here, very clean and well cared for. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites
Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites
#16 of 18 in Middletown
Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Cambria Hotel & Suites Newport
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport

Been to Comfort Inn at Newport Beach? Share your experiences!