“Nice stay!”

Residence Inn Newport Middletown
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a one-night hotel on the road Boston and the Residence Inn was a very good solution. The rooms are huge and well-furnished. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is practical for one night, although I would not choose it as the base for a long holiday exploring the region.
We think this hotel is nice and affordable. A good choice in Newport!

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We spent two nights at the Residence Inn Newport while visiting Newport during the off-season in April 2013. The hotel was easy to find and there is a grocery store and 24 hour CVS within walking distance. The Newport Storm brewery is close by and it is just a short drive into Newport (though I imagine parking would be much worse during the peak season).

The room was large and clean; breakfast was free and included make your own waffles, a few hot selections (sausage patties, potatoes, and some sort of egg), cereal, toast/bagels, yogurt, fruit, and oatmeal. On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, they offer a complimentary light dinner. The night we were there, they served meatballs, rolls, soup, salad, celery/carrot sticks, potato chips, cookies, and cake.

While it was certainly pretty neat that our one bedroom room had televisions both in the living room area and the bedroom, the picture on the tv was basically worn VHS quality. Obviously not a make or break hotel feature, but I was surprised the picture was *that* bad when we turned it on before bed.

We found the hotel to be a great home base for our Newport trip and the hotel to be a great value at $109/night.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Each time I stay here, it's a great experience. The rooms are spacious and always clean. The beds are comfortable. The staff is spectactular. This is easily the best hotel in the area. If you are going to be staying in the area for any length of time, stay here. You won't be sorry!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2013

After having to leave what was supposed to be a fun week in Boston with the kids, we were referred to this hotel. Everything from booking the reservation, to the clean and spacious rooms, free breakfast, complimentary light-fare dinner, and outstanding staff, made what could've been a bad week for our family, a very pleasant and enjoyable one! We can't say enough about the friendly and accommodating staff. The manager even let us borrow her own stroller for the day so that we could do the Cliff Walk with our youngest! We will definitely be back and will recommend to anyone looking for a hotel in Newport area!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed at this property for three nights in April 2013. What an awesome hotel. I had a one-bedroom Suite. The kitchen was beautiful! Granite countertops, stovetop, dishwasher, full sized fridge. Leaves you wanting for nothing. The hotel as a whole was very pleasant. On the second day I received a hand written thank you note and three drink vouchers.

I would reccommend this hotel for anyone. I was here for business but saw many families here with big smiles on thier faces.

My only complaint was that the alarm was not reset between guests and I was woken up several times throughout the first night with the alarm going off.

I have another trip coming up for 10 nights. You bet I will be staying here!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My daughter and I stayed here from April 6, 2013 to April 12, 2013. We traveled from Washington State for a trip to the NE states and visiting Boston. This hotel was the perfect stay for us. we got a 2 bedroomsuite that turned out to be a great choice. The staff was very accomodating, the breakfast was wonderful many shoices to choose from and a perfect location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to see the sights of the NE states. Thank you Residence Inn Newport/Middletown for your wonderful hospitality!!!

Room Tip: The suites with the kitchen turned out to be a great choice because we were able to have a fridge to...
1  Thank Tjacobsen
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The 2 bedroom suite was a perfect set-up for our visit. My husband and I had a bedroom and my adult daughter had her own room and we shared the common space. It worked out perfectly for us. A short drive into Newport to visit the sites. The pool and hot tub were clean and my husband and I had those to ourselves on the morning we were there. The breakfast and evening social were quite adequate. We would definitely stay again at this property.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Cambria Hotel & Suites Newport

Been to Residence Inn Newport Middletown? Share your experiences!