“Great Value and Location”

Atlantic Beach Hotel
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I stayed there right after labor day for the first time. We have stayed at other hotels and bed and breakfasts in Newport over the years and we were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Granted the property is not new, but is however clean and comfortable at the price we paid. The location is perfect a quick walk to the beach and a few minutes from downtown Newport. The staff was excellent from the Front Desk to the room attendants. They go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The room is clean , comfortable and has all the amenities you need. Yes some of the furniture is slightly dated but for the price of the room it is much better than many other hotels in the Newport area. If you want luxury then I would suggest other hotels in downtown Newport at least three times the price. I agree the breakfast is the only part of the stay that was less than desirable. Easy fix, within a block away you can get a great breakfast at a restaurant called tickets or on the other corner a café called Rhia's which is good as well and very reasonable prices.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Beach Hotel

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We needed a place to stay for one evening, and this place was perfect - suite, free breakfast, right by the beach. We were charged $98. The room was very clean, the AC worked extremely well, and we were very happy with our stay. The breakfast was questionable, as other reviewers have mentioned, but for the price, this was not beatable. Comfort Inn across the street wanted $150 for a single room - not a suite.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel itself was ok, but definitely needs a good renovation. The "complimentary" breakfast is nothing more than cold pancakes and some cereal. My main problem is I left my charger in the room, a small iPhone charger, and they want me to pay almost $10 to ship it to my home in NY. With the rates they charge, they should be able to ship the charger at little or no cost. They clearly aren't practicing good customer service. I absolutely love Newport, but I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My family and I always go to Newport during the summer, but booked a hotel last minute this year and ended up here. We were welcomed my the smell of mothballs, armpit, and sour milk and we had to wait at the service desk for half an hour because there was knowone working at the front desk at the time. We were upgraded a room because of the wait. We stayed at a "suite" which when u walked in was at least 90 degrees and smelled really musty. The beds were clean, but the bathrooms still had bleach everywhere. The breakfast the next morning was disgusting! Flys we're all over the food, and after drinking a cup of orange juice there, 5 minutes later got really sick. We went out for the day, and we came to find that knowone had cleaned our room or made our beds, I was fine with that but we had no clean towels left. The next day we skipped the afull breakfast and went out for the while day again. We came back at 10:00 pm and we found the maid's kids in our room delivering new towels, and the maid sitting on our unmade beds. At that point we didn't spend the extra night and just went home. I am think about calling the board of Heath if this is not fixed. I also forgot to mention, the pool… DISGUSTING! It was coated with a layer of dust and the water was brown. I couldn't believe it. I'm never going back to this place ever again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Brookie4501
Reviewed 24 August 2013

great location to the beach, clean, friendly staff. Stayed in a private beach cottage with a complete kitchen. Delightful sunset dinners on our deck overlooking the water/pond. They own the property across the street w/access to the pool and breakfast

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We got to Newport and had a problem at our other hotel, we had to quickly scramble and find an opening for the following night and this is how we happened upon the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean but need updating. The hotel does not have a pool on site but offered access at a sister hotel across the street. The exercise room was very small and the door opened up onto the hall. We walked out of our room and our teens were started giggling due to a loud noises coming from the hall and were happy to discover it was a exercise machine in use. The hotel provides 10% off at the Atlantic Beach Club restaurant and access to a private beach. We went for dinner an while it was pricey, it was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JCtravels4
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was the closest hotel to the attractions in Newport that didn't cost a fortune. The rooms are huge with a nice view of the water. Very clean and the front desk is nice. The set up is a little confusing, check in on the second floor and ice machine on third, etc. But not at all a problem. Nice little breakfast in the morning. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center
The Sea Breeze Inn
The Sea Breeze Inn
#7 of 18 in Middletown

Been to Atlantic Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!