“Great Value for the Location”

Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My son was in the Region 1 soccer playoffs this past June at URI. I was traveling with my 2 sons and wanted to stay near the beach. I read all the reviews on tripadvisor about the Atlantic Beach Hotel in Middletown RI. The reviews were soooo helpful. I learned to stay away from the cottages and the side of the hotel that was next to the biker bar. When I checked in I spoke to the front desk ladies about needing a quiet room. The 3 women working the front desk were very friendly and helpful. I was staying for 5 nights and they gave me a suite that was large, clean and quiet. It is true that the Wifi was hard to connect to but it meant more time for us to go to the beach across the street. The location is great!! We walked on the Cliff Walk every morning. The restaurants were all in walking distance which was also a big help. The Atlantic Beach Hotel is a seasonal hard used hotel but for the value it can't be beat. All the other hotels around were MUCH more expensive. The reviews I read also mentioned that the breakfast was terrible. I planned ahead and with the use of the in room refrigerator I made the boys breakfast with food I brought from home and supplemented with what was offered at the free breakfast. There was enough counter space in the kitchenette area and the refrigerator was decent size that breakfast was not a problem. We had a really nice stay. The bed was comfortable and had a beautiful view of the pond out the bedroom window!Yes the room looked like it needed updating but it was clean, plenty of linens and good size suite. I really appreciated that housekeeping cleaned our room early and did a really good job. I would stay at the Atlantic Beach Hotel again. I would rate it better than average!

Room Tip: Stay away from the cottages and the side of the hotel that is next to the biker bar.
2  Thank Rosemary Z

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Perfect location. Right across from a private beach. Advertised free unlimited Wifi throughout the property. However Wifi would only connect in the hallways, while next to the hotspot. Room was spacious and clean.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Atlantic Beach Hotel in Middletown RI. is comfortable, great location,very close to beach and many places to eat. Good price for the $ Close to Newport if you want to go there. Everything is very convenient to the hotel. Plan on going back next July.

Room Tip: Everything is very good. Great location
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eacmlrc
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I stayed three nights and were very pleased. The room was clean, and kept clean by an attentive housekeeper who was very friendly. The location is great, walking distance to the main beach area as well as restaurants and coffee shops, and a short drive to Newport, as well as other beaches in Middletown. All in all, a beautiful stay. Breakfast could use a little spruce up, but there are plenty of options nearby if you want to go out, try the Atlantic Grille, it is right at the end of Wave Ave., great breakfast/portions and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We're disappointed with the wifi... It's just horrible and the room didn't have any soap at all. Had to go to the desk to get some. Fridge had something left in it from the night before. Room was spacious but very dark. Nice access to beach and very close to the mansions. The free breakfast was a joke really. 1 steam table next to the elevator and a toaster on the other side. If you wanted anything you had to eat in your room. We went to ihop.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank iaoceo
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We made reservations for 2 nights at this hotel with late check in. For some reason, my panic set in and I decided to call to confirm our reservation would be in tact for a 7PM check in. It took three phone calls (once put on hold and no one returned, once so rushed that she said check OUT instead of check IN, the third she confirmed our check in and hung up before I said goodbye). When we arrived, it became apparent that our room had been given away so we told we were being upgraded to a "cottage". The cottage was some sort of trailer that had been shingled, smelled of smoke, had a bug on the counter and was next to a biker bar (not what I would consider an ideal situation when traveling with children). We went to the front desk to discuss with the staff and received little in terms of customer service. There was only one person on duty who was not helpful, tried to infer the blame on us b/c we agreed to their "upgrade" and ultimately, I believe, gave us a room intended for someone else. When we finally got to our room we were less than impressed. There was a hole in the wall, the wallpaper was coming off in several locations, the pull out couch was completely broken and the in room blow dryer broke after about 30 seconds of use. The room itself was definitely dated, lacked efficient lighting and the in-room mini fridge was not level so when the door swung open it would not open all the way b/c it would hit the floor. While the location was good, 1st Beach is not a great place for families as most of the beach goers were young and drinking to excess. Do not put this hotel on your list of options when visiting Newport/Middletown b/c you will be sorely disappointed.

1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked on booking.com Needless to say. I went to check in at 4pm and it took 45 minutes as the girl didn't know how to find or book my room. Thought I would staying in the main hotel but to my surprise I was in the cottages around the corner, next to Rustys bar. One king size bed, kitchen, small fridge, descent bathroom. plenty of towels, tv. small pull couch that I wouldn't sleep on as it had so many stains. This was a girls weekend. We did like the nice deck over looking the water and we could walk to the ABC and if your feeling adventurous you could walk to Newport. We took our car.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Newport Beach Hotel and Suites
The Sea Breeze Inn
The Sea Breeze Inn
#5 of 18 in Middletown
Quality Inn & Suites Middletown - Newport

Been to Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!