“A True Gem”
Review of Villa One Twenty

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Villa One Twenty
Ranked #2 of 9 Middletown B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“A True Gem”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

As we entered the well-appointed foyer and were warmly greeted by the lovely owner, Corinna, we knew that our stay was going to be memorable. The majestic home and guest rooms are classically and tastefully decorated. Guest rooms are large, extremely clean and very private. After a wonderful evening in downtown Newport, we awoke to a delightful continental breakfast consisting of fresh fruit, homemade granola, blueberry french toast and an assortment of croissants and breads. A wonderful ending to a fabulous stay. Thank you Corinna for your hospitality and gracious entertaining. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This beautifully renovated inn is run by the lovely owner, Corinna, and her daughters. My brother and his bride rented all the guest rooms for the bridal party. They also held a Friday night cocktail party in the front parlor and on the spacious front porch. We were able to use the kitchen in order to warm appetizers for a small fee. The owner was very gracious, welcoming, and made the bride and groom, family and friends feel at home. Being a former interior decorator, she has restored the home to its full glory. The garden was also wonderful and served as an excellent place for the rehearsal. Enjoy.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My girlfriend and I recently stayed two nights at Villa One Twenty for a friends wedding in Newport. Having stayed at a 5 star hotel in Boston the previous nights, we were concerned about the potential drop off going to a private Bed and Breakfast. Let me tell you. We were absolutely blown away from the moment we arrived. It may be impossible not to fall in love with this place and the wonderful family that runs it. The only thing that was better than the house, a classic colonial mansion on a gorgeous property and recently renovated with modern amenities, was the service and hospitality of Karina and her staff. I've never gone out of my way to write a review for any hotel, but the stay at Villa One Twenty was so delightfully enjoyable, it would be bad karma not to spread the word. This is Newport's hidden gem. No question. The rooms are A+, the location is A+, the service, hospitality, kindness and general feel were A+, the breakfast was A+, and, of course, host's accent is simply to die for. I would go back. I will go back. I wont even consider another location in Newport. This place simply ruined all other B&B's for me, because this place sets the bar so high. Loved it. Aaron

Room Tip: Call Karina
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Aaron T
Little Compton, Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We had our wedding at the Villa One Twenty and I would hands down recommend to anyone looking for the ultimate intimate wedding, this is the place!!! The first time I walked into this magnificent house I was taken back by it's beauty! I can't say enough about Corinna! She made us feel so at home! She went above and beyond to make our day the best it could possibly be. Recomending local caterers, florist, photographers..... Even thought the space is spascious it was magically cozy with roaring fireplaces in each room, candles, flowers..... We had the whole house to ourselves. The rooms were amazing! Whether you are looking for romantic weekend or a beautiful wedding venue this is the place!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KMB98
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Our entire experience at Villa One Twenty was FIVE-STAR! The owner, Corinna, happily welcomed us, gave us a tour of the inn that she impeccably renovated, and thoughtfully loaned us a large, much-needed umbrella. Once back at Villa 120, we enjoyed the spacious, beautifully appointed and perfectly cleaned room. In the morning, Corinna greeted us, served us coffee on the veranda and kindly lingered (on her day off) to chat with us, especially about the history of the inn. The breakfast was a generous array of fruit, yogurt, cheese, homemade banana-almond bread and granola, croissants, jams, cereal and sausage. Although we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, Villa 120 is ideal for wedding parties: large, comfortably appointed rooms downstairs for socializing; a large table for dining as a group; a second-floor central open area for professional hair and make-up; a garden and spacious indoor rooms for a ceremony and/or reception; and the honeymoon suite. My husband, Ted, and I highly recommend Villa One Twenty!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HummingbirdHillPlace
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My wife and I were part of a wedding party that rented out Villa One Twenty for a long weekend. The house is decorated each room in simple, sophistocated, and modern decor. The breakfasts were amazing, there was a ton of selection, and were very filling.

The owner, Corinna, runs the house with her two lovely daughters. They were all very kind and helpful, Corinna even worked the breakfasts to make sure that my gulten intolerant wife could enjoy everything, even gluten free muffins.

I would definetly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a place in Newport.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Yellow room or the Black & white Room on the second floor
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan_Splettstosser
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Needing a break from the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives, my husband and I decided that a little 3 day getaway was in order. In a nutshell, we were looking for a romantic, secluded retreat that would allow us to wine, dine and most importantly relax in a beautiful setting. A few of my friends, who had coincidentally just returned from a couples sailing trip, kept raving about this exquisite mansion turned Bed & Breakfast in Newport, Rhode Island. Knowing that I tend to be a little "particular" when it comes to restaurants and hotels (ok fine, I'm really picky) they assured me that Villa One Twenty would not disappoint... and it didn't.

As we drove up to the property, a crisp white, Italianate style mansion stood on a gentle slope amongst perfectly manicured grounds. Black wicker armchairs and sofas with damask pillows created two oh-so-cozy lounging areas on the massive front porch. I personally think that first impressions are VERY telling and Villa One Twenty had me at hello.

In the front garden, plush pine trees and spiraled hedges lead the way to a water fountain surrounded by garden benches... this later became our preferred spot to enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning and glass(es) of wine at night.

When we stepped inside the Villa, which was built in 1853 as a summer retreat for New York's elite, we quickly noticed that the true beauty of the manor lay within its authentic architectural features. Large windows clad with black shutters, 18 foot ceilings, crystal chandeliers, a charmingly creaky spiraled staircase, antique fireplaces, wainscoting and two-toned mahogany flooring were just a few of the villa's features that acted as constant reminders of the historical context.

Amidst the old world charm, an eclectic sampling of the owner's favorite decorative items sat comfortably within the traditional setting. Corinna Britten (the proprietor) has done a fabulous job of updating the manor while respecting its ancient elegance. Considering that Villa One Twenty is a hidden gem, I found it quite fitting that Corinna named each of the rooms after precious stones. All the accommodations included a private bathroom with pedestal sink, fireplace, large windows and a four-poster bed.

During my entire stay in this villa, the event planner in me kept thinking how perfect this mansion would be for an intimate wedding. People of the world: If you're planning a wedding or know anyone who is, this venue is the best kept secret in Rhode Island!!! With its multiple sitting rooms, luscious grounds and exuberant elegance, this Villa screams out wedding venue. Oh and if you get married there, please invite me. Thanks ;)

I believe that a great thing is only made better when you have someone to share it with... which makes me very fortunate for two reasons - not only did I get to experience an idyllic trip at Villa One Twenty with my hubby but now I also have the great pleasure of sharing this gem with all of you. And who knows, perhaps you will pay it forward as well!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ParkdaleAveBlog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
#4 of 21 in Newport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,954 reviews
Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Middletown / Newport

Been to Villa One Twenty? Share your experiences!