“Fabulous stay !!!”
Review of Villa One Twenty

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Villa One Twenty
Ranked #2 of 9 Middletown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

From the moment Corinna picked up the phone till the time we left I knew this was where my wife and I had to stay.

A last minute trip for my wife's birthday made wonderful. The property is exquisite. A lovely mansion brought to life with a feel of home.

Our room was quite and charming. Our breakfast was prepared and served in a fashion that made us feel special !!! and the food was amazing.

We can't wait to head back. Christmas time maybe ???

Thanks again for a wonderful getaway !!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Villa 120 for 3 nights and we had a wonderful experience. Corinna, the owner, was very friendly and helpful. The house is magnificent and very peaceful. The rooms are large and super clean. Just 5 minutes from Newport, the location is perfect for those who want to be close to the "action" but have a quiet sleep. One of the highlights of our trip was the breakfast. You can not miss the egg benedicts or the blueberry french toasts. We will definitely be back again in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Gorgeous! My friends and I stayed in two fabulous, large and immaculate bedrooms. Corinna, the owner, was incredibly helpful in recommending mansions to tour and restaurants to eat in. Villa One Twenty is decorated beautifully. What a fun, relaxing vacation!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I eloped at Villa 120 and we were very pleased with our weekend there. The owner Corinna was extremely helpful in arranging all the major details. It was our first time in Newport and she helped to make us comfortable and everyone she connected us with for services either met or exceeded our expectations. We ended up with great pictures, beautiful flowers and a wonderful officiant. It was a great value and a really beautiful experience.
I recommend Villa 120 to anyone interested in eloping and having a pretty, stress-free wedding. It was a very different experience than staying in a full-service hotel (which I prefer) but we felt it was great for this occasion. Other than an extremely squeaky bed and a noisy air conditioner, our stay here and are elopement experience was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I question the reviews that are appearing for this venue. I wanted to like it because the owner was genuinely nice and helpful, but there are several deficiencies. On the positive side, the room was quire large and immaculately clean. The bath in our room had a plastic shower enclosure with a sliding door that was cumbersome to operate. The air conditioner was underpowered and the decor, though tasteful, looked like it had been sourced at discount outlets. The king sized bed was propped up in the middle by pieces of wood wedged underneath that made the bed shudder when anyone got in or out.

On weekdays, the owner serves a continental breakfast. At rates in excess of $250 per night, this is somewhat surprising. What's worse is the breakfast foods are awful: croissants inedible, cereal old and yogurt, poor quality. The weekend cooked breakfast we had was somewhat better, but nothing special. One really expects to have a great breakfast at a b&b, especially when the rates are so high. You won't get that here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank S D
COCO007_11, Owner at Villa One Twenty, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Madam,

From the moment you entered Villa 120 I was very concerned for you and your daughter, you both seemed very sad, there was little eye contact, conversation or even enthusiasm about your visit. I put my staff on red alert fearing you had suffered a recent bereavement.

My staff and I continually asked if everything was ok and continually received the same answer "yes fine" even as I put your suitcase in the trunk of your car as you were departing I asked if you had enjoyed your stay to which you replied the same. As you can imagine I was very sad to see that you felt unable to discuss your disappointments with us as we would have been very happy to compensate you both to ensure your stay was a happy one.

Regarding your dissatisfaction with our breakfasts, I can assure you our croissants are bought daily and never have a chance to go stale as they are eaten up! The yoghurts, we only serve Chobani a greek yoghurt which is a non-fat plain yoghurt and may be an acquired taste however, our sweeter parfaits are yoplait light which are infused with added fresh fruit that we layer into the yoghurt - neither ever have a chance to reach their sell by date. The granola is homemade and needs to be prepared every two or three days since it seems to be quite popular.

I am very sorry that you both had such an unsatisfactory time here at Villa 120 but genuinely dissappointed you felt unable to tell me of your complaints. Being in the hospitality business customers always come first, we value feedback and are prepared to go the extra mile to ensure a great Newport experience at Villa 120.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

This marvelous mansion offers an impressive garden setting with beautifully decorated luxurious rooms. We haven't slept so well in years! The historic villa is meticulously run by an energetic owner Corinne who was ever present in attending to all our needs! Highly recommended for Newport business or pleasure! We will return very soon!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We just returned yesterday from our second stay at Villa 120. Corinna is a welcoming hostess and you can't find a better value for your $ than her lovely Villa. The entire villa is decorated with great taste, as is each room. The breakfasts which are included are amazing. I had eggs benedict and my husband had scrambled eggs and bagel. All the food is fresh and delicious and displayed beautifully. Corinna, we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Room Tip: We prefer rooms on the second floor, unless you like to walk stairs! All the rooms are spacious and...