“A pleasant departure from typical hotel rooms”
Review of Villa One Twenty

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Villa One Twenty
Ranked #2 of 9 Middletown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I travel extensively for business, and typically stay at the major chains as they represent a consistent experience. I was visiting the Newport Rhode Island area to attend the wedding of a friends daughter. Our friend strongly suggested we forget about our accumulated points, and enjoy the Newport experience. Corrina, the host was gracious, a relatively recent transplant from Britain. The rooms were tastefully decorated, bathrooms were modern. You can see and feel the love and pride of her dreams coming to fruition. I felt like I was a guest in an old friends home. Loved the breakfast. Lack of Wi-fi allowed me to unplug for the short time we were there. Will definately revisit the area and the establishent in the near future

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harvey S
COCO007_11, Owner at Villa One Twenty, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Harvey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and such a complimentary one. I am glad you enjoyed Newport and Villa 120.

Villa 120 does have wi-fi and I apologise that you did not know this and I shall ensure that future guests are informed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Warmest wishes
Corinna

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were presented with a special weekend away, and this property is a perfect place for it. Corrina went above and beyond to make this special. It is a very elegant property and a great place to stay.Corrina is a fabulous hostess and goes out the way to make you feel special.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This past July, my husband and I held our rehearsal dinner at the Villa One Twenty. From the very start of the planning process through to the event day, the owner, Corinna, went above and beyond to make everything perfect for our special event. Partnering with Compton Clambakes (caterer) for a clambake style luncheon, Corinna and Sara (Compton Clambakes) worked tirelessly together to ensure our event was executed seamlessly. The day was all that I could have imagined and more. Corinna had even called her landscaper that morning to manicure the gardens prior to our arrival! Words cannot describe the beautifully appointed (historic yet modern) decor of the villa. Corinna has a talented eye for interior design! There was a lot of love and care that went into the restoration of this inn and it is evident from the moment you step onto the porch.

I would highly recommend the Villa One Twenty for a couples get-away or for a wedding/rehearsal dinner event. The inn is close enough to downtown Newport to enjoy the sights but far enough away to have a peaceful reprieve from the crowds.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here with others from a wedding party that we were attending in Newport. What an awesome place this is! The owner, Corrina, has spared no detail or expense to restore this house to its former elegance. Corrina is originally from England and she truly cares passionately about her establishment and above all, her guests.

Nothing was too much trouble and she went way beyond the call of duty to look after all her guests, who had come largely from New York and Philadelphia.

The house is stunning and is in itself a superb wedding venue. If we get back to Newport, we wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. Simply stunning!!

Thank you, Corrina. You should be proud of what you have done so far with the Villa One twenty.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Villa with the bridesmaids and mother of the bride in early August - a fabulous stay! Peaceful, elegant, spacious...delightful Corinna makes you feel special and comfortable all at the same time. The Villa is on serene grounds yet close to Newport and all the fun.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I visited Newport as tourists and, fortunately, we stayed at Villa 21. What a wonderful time we had. The inn is absolutely beautiful and tastefully decored. Corinna is the epitome of hospitality- very welcoming and helpful with anything we needed. The breakfasts are a delight as well. Served at a long beautifully decored table in the exquisite diningroom, we were offered either a choice of eggs benedict or crepes with fresh blueberries and bananas on one day, and the next day the choice was blueberry french toast or scrambled eggs, salmon and bagels with cream cheese. We were also treated to selections of beverages, cheeses, danish, prosciutto,/salami fruit, yogurt parfaits, granola, and fresh, warm croissants (the chocolate ones are to die for). We stayed in the Crystal Room which was very lovely and comfortable,
We had just about given up on bed and breakfasts because of the poor, impersonal service we have been receiving. Thank you, Carinna, for showing us that warm hosptality still exists. The next time we are in Newport, you can be sure we will stay at Villa One Twenty.
John and Lea Bishop

Room Tip: We stayed in the Crystal Room which was lovely, but I believe all the rooms must be lovely.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed at Villa 120 for my wedding weekend. My mom, bridesmaids, and I booked all six bedrooms and used Villa 120 as a place to get ready and as a place for several of our wedding photos.

Villa 120 is easily the most beautiful place I have ever stayed and I could not have asked for more for my wedding day and wedding night.

The owner, Corinna, went above and beyond what I could have possibly expected (champagne and chocolate fountain greeting, helping the photographers and hair and makeup people, providing champagne glasses for us to use while getting ready, helping the groom and groomsmen with the boutonnieres, arranging our sandwiches for us to eat for lunch, printing ferry tickets for my friend last minute...the list goes on and on). More than what she did, her calming and helpful presence really helped me stay calm and helped me enjoy my wedding day so much more.

Corinna's breakfasts were amazing. I've been to B&Bs where all that is offered are stale pastries and cheap coffee. Villa 120 had an awesome continental breakfast with coffee, tea, and juice, fresh pastries (several kinds of croissants, a coffee cake, cinnamon rolls, etc), meats and cheeses, homemade granola, fruit, and greek yogurt. In addition to all of that, we were offered our choice of hot breakfast (two choices each day). I had the eggs benedict and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. I could not have been more pleased. Corinna was also willing to work with several food allergies that our party had.

I can say for certain that my husband and I will be back. I'm so glad that we will always have a such a beautiful place to celebrate our anniversary! Also, my friends are already talking about booking a girls' trip in the spring.

I truly cannot recommend Villa 120 highly enough.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Ruby room and loved it, but I had the privilege of seeing all of the rooms and you r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristinnks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
The Carriage House Inn, an Ascend Collection hotel
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#4 of 21 in Newport

Been to Villa One Twenty? Share your experiences!