“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Middletown Newport Area

Ramada Middletown Newport Area
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Middletown
Southington, Connecticut
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

A nice hotel less than 3 miles from Newport RI. Quiet, clean and the staff were so nice. Old style TVs and not enough outlets. Also could use bigger waste baskets. Those are minor items - Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Playa de las Americas, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Other than having relatively the longest hall and smallest room of any place I have ever stayed, the through the wall heating cooling unit was either fulltilt hot or fulltilt cold. If they had a thermostat this place would be a three. Then all over the place they advertise a New England lobster dinner. I go to the restaurant at 7:30 and order the lobster dinner and they are out of lobster! Hey the quarter round steak is pretty good! But but but I buy I want a lobster

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Middletown hotels

Middletown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

good overall place to stay, quiet yet convenient to Newport. only complaint was the breakfast. no attendant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I think one's sentiments on this hotel has a lot to do with the room one is placed in. I stayed here recently over the course of two nights, but it was two different reservations as I hadn't originally expected to need a room for a second evening.

My first night was great - very quiet. The bed was also extremely comfortable, which surprised me given that the hotel is fairly dated and the rate was fairly cheap. The room was set up a bit strangely, though, as there was a hallway that was roughly fifteen feet long before I made it to the main portion of the room. This part of the room was pretty small - only about two and a half feet clearance on both sides of the bed, about four at the foot of the bed. There was a low bureau with an old TV on top, and there were stands on each side of the bed, so it was pretty tightly packed. I was perfectly fine with this, but I'm also short and was by myself; I think for two people it'd be too small. The bathroom's lighting was dingy old yellow lighting that always feels a bit like one is in a horror movie. But the place was very clean and I got an excellent night's sleep. I think the distance from the hall of the main portion of the room really helped with this.

The second night I was in a room that was at least twice the size and was set up more like a standard hotel room - no lengthy hallway here. The bed was also massive, and the bathroom was pretty large, too. The bathtub had jets in it, and I was thrilled to take advantage for the sake of a two hour bath after a pretty long day. Unfortunately, I had a terrible night's sleep, as the walls were so thin that it sounded like the people in the adjacent rooms were in the same room as me. It didn't help that the place was packed with rugby teams from a bunch of colleges who were in town for a tournament - they decided to have a rally in the back parking lot at nearly midnight, then when they were chased out of there moved it to their rooms. To make matters worse, my room phone was incapable to dialing the front desk. I ended up resorting to calling from my cellphone instead. I barely managed to get any sleep, even with a comfortable bed. I shudder to think what it'd be like to stay in that room during high season.

At least the staff was very rapid about addressing problems. I called about the rally in the parking lot and the people were all cleared away within five minutes. More generally, I found the staff pleasant and helpful. When I first checked in, the young woman who waited on me asked if I had a preference for first or second floor, and when I said I had none, she thought on it a moment, said she thought the first floor room that was left had a little more space, and checked me into that one.

I would be certainly up staying here again, but would request one of the older style rooms AND I would check that they weren't hosting any college groups. (I also wouldn't dream of staying here during high season, but I wouldn't consider ever staying in the Newport/Middletown area then at all...!)

By the way - there aren't any elevators here, so if you're of limited mobility you should definitely let them know when booking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Middletown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Room was clean, beds very comfortable. AND Service was outstanding. Not only did they bring the requested blanket but so quick, it was amazing. Definitely will be back to stay here when in Rhode Island

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Mainstay Hotel & Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites Middletown - Newport
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport/Middletown
Travelodge Middletown Newport Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newport Middletown
Newport Ambassador Inn & Suites

Been to Ramada Middletown Newport Area? Share your experiences!