“Great Getaway”
Review of Blue Whale Inn

Blue Whale Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Misquamicut B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My husband and I needed a little getaway(only were able to stay one night) so we called all the inns and hotels in the area, but all of them required a two night stay. Not the blue whale inn. We were able to book one night, I called Wednesday to get a room and surpisingly got one. Very happy that we did too. I see many bad reviews on here about the blue whale inn but really these people think they are staying at the ritz, come on now. Yes, the place is small, but that's what makes it so nice, more personal if you ask me. Chris was GREAT! She does a wine and cheese at night, well hubby and I had gone out and missed it, well she brought us our own small cheese platter, what great service. She had a great little breakfast in the morning, I mean what do people expect a huge breakfast with bacon and eggs for free, come on now. She had a great variety, she had pastries, fruit, yogurt, bagels, coffee, juices, cereals. Each room comes with a bottle of wine. It was great, and she really made you feel at home, the yard was nicely set for relaxation which is what we went for. We had a great time and will definatly go back to see Christine again, it was a great pleasure, and she made us feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
bluewhalemgmt, General Manager at Blue Whale Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Thank you for your positive response. We are always looking to improve, so we greatly appreciate your review. We hope to see you again. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 August 2010

My friend and I stayed at the Blue Whale Inn Sa turday 7/31/10. We were a little skeptical because this was the only motel in the area that allows 1 night stays. Not only was the room nice (a little small but cute) and clean but the "happy hour" and delicious breakfast with fresh pastries and muffins was such a nice unexpected touch. The owner/operator went as far as starting breakfast earlier knowing we had to get on the road for our 6 hour trip back to PA. I will definately go back again to stay at the Blue Whale Inn. Nancy Mountain Top, PA

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 July 2010

I've spent there just a night and a morning, but I loved so much the atmosphere of home there! Service is quite good, people are kind. It's really nice place to stay, if you are not get used to 5 star Hilton hotels! It's rather for calm people over 35 y.o. (even in spite of I'm 21 and i liked it)...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 July 2010

I called night before to learn they had an opening due to cancellation which I said I would take for $153, i was told check-in was @ 3pm, I went there like 5ish. I learned at that point there had been a problem with my room someone broke the box spring ok soo, well they put me in the room the size of my walk-in closet with a mattress on the floor a small table and just enough room to put my bags down, well the room did not have a bathroom but I had to share with all house mates I think.... Not quite sure but when I came back to sleep I walked thru kitchen, living room and hallway with sheet separating my sleeping quarters from the owners. So in the early am as I showered to leave I went thru the sheet to find all the house people sleeping in the living room as I walked thru them, it was pretty weird. So for $176 being billed to my cc this week, I would NOT recommend this place. They should have told me up front the sleeping conditions not let me think I was staying in a different kind of place. Vacationers beware!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
12  Thank KWFLROCKS
bluewhalemgmt, General Manager at Blue Whale Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2011

We do apologize to this guest. One half hour before she was too check-in the previous guests in her room broke the bed frame. Being fully booked and the replacement frame not able to be delivered until the following morning we gave her the option when she arrived to look at the room and to cancel the room or take it at a discounted rate. She chose to take it at a greatly discounted rate, because she said everywhere else is booked and she didn't mind because she would be out most of the day and night. She seemed happy with the compromise and enjoyed the stay and breakfast the next morning, leaving without saying anything to mgmt. We are always looking to improve, so we greatly appreciate your review. We hope to see you again. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 June 2010

This is the first time We stayed @the BWI and we thought the place was Beautiful. We stayed in the Suite area and it was perfect. Even though the rooms were connected, we had our Privacy from the other couple. I fully recommend this place to anyone. Very clean,
Very at Home , and Peaceful. Also the Casino's are just a Skip Away!

1  Thank breakfastspot

Reviewed 27 June 2010

My Husband and I went to Blue Whale Inn for Father's Day. It is close to the beach and the lady who runs the Inn is there for her guest at all times. She serves a nice spread of afternoon snacks and Bagels, Juice ,Coffe and Tea in the morning. Other hotels and resorts do not have BBQ and outside showers for when you return from the beach. It is just like being in your own home and you have the freedom to come and go, or go to you room to relax. Also a bottle for two is in your room when you arrive. I would recommend staying a night or two and see how comfortable and relaxing it really is. If you like the Hamptons your will really like this Inn.

Reviewed 23 June 2010

I have stayed at the BLUE WHALE INN now for five straight years, and just got home from staying there on a wonderful beach trip June 19. I look forward all year to my weekend beach getaways to Misquamicut Beach with my husband. We originally stayed at the BLUE WHALE based on a friends recommendation, and "wow" were they right. This place is a hidden gem, great big breakfast buffet, wine & cheese (or snacks/sodas for the kids), volleyball court, and nice quiet covered courtyard in the back. Since my first time staying the owner has done many renovations and upgrades, almost making it look newer each year.... A MUST STAY IF YOUR IN MISQUAMICUT BEACH

1  Thank beachbabect

Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Pleasant View Inn
#1 of 6 in Misquamicut
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn
#3 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Blue Whale Inn? Share your experiences!