Pleasant View Inn
Sandy Shore Motel(Misquamicut)(Great Value!)
US$180
TripAdvisor
Beach Ball Inn(Misquamicut)
The Coast(Westerly)
TripAdvisor
The Ocean House(Watch Hill)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsocean viewno elevatorthird floorsmall balconyoff seasonlounge chairswe ate breakfastcell phonewatch hillweather was perfectbed was very comfortableheated pooloceanfront roomhotel restaurantflights of stairschecking inshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I had a great time at Pleasant View. The rooms were small but clean. The view was amazing. I loved waking up to hearing the waves crashing so relaxing. The food was great and the staff was super friendly. I will definitely recommend this place to others!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill M
Reviewed 29 May 2012

It is so hard to know where to stay in Misquamicut based on Tripadvisor and other reviews, but I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to you, if scenic views, the beach, and peacefulness rather than luxury your main objective. The pictures on the web site do the place justice, but what they don't capture is the relaxing and easy atmosphere this oceanfront hotel creates. We were here on Memorial Day weekend; I don't know what it's like during the height of the summer.

The Pleasant View Inn is probably the last hotel on the Misquamicut shore as you are heading toward Watch Hill, so it is quieter and has a flatter beach than the other parts. You are just a moment's walk from a protected bird nesting area. It is situated on a small knoll, so that you have the option of either sitting up high on lounge chairs on the grass where drinks from the bar are just a moment's walk away (and where you can avoid getting sandy) or walking down a flight of steps to the gorgeous beach below. The waves are a lot of fun here, and the particular day I was there (Memorial Day weekend), the waves were comfortably big and didn't deposit a lot of sand in my bathing suit. The water was also quite warm for May, and I stayed in for at least half an hour without feeling cold.

The fact that the beach is flatter here makes it ideal for running. The sand is hard enough that you don't sink in, so it is one of the most wonderful beaches I have ever run on. It is really inspiring to run next to the sounds of the crashing surf, and it's just a few steps out your hotel room door, so you don't have to "run" to it on pavement!

Now for the hotel itself, like the others have said, it is not the most luxurious of hotels, but the Standard Rooms are adequate. The furniture and bathroom finishes seem circa 1980's, but everything is really clean and the beds are allegedly replaced every three years. The bedspreads are pretty, though. Our standard room had a side view of the ocean, but we were not right on the beach. We were only there one night, though, so I decided to save a little money by not getting a deluxe beach front room. The standard room was fine for one night, but if you're spending the weekend, I'd recommend the beach front rooms, although try to avoid the ones on the first floor.

All rooms have a really large refrigerator, so you could potentially make your own breakfast and lunch, but we found the restaurant to be very reasonably priced and more importantly, extremely pleasant (we tend to be do-it-yourselfers when it comes to meals, but we broke with tradition here). The decor in the dining room seems even more dated than the rooms--maybe circa 1940s or 50s--but again, it is clean and very well kept and you spend most of your time looking at the view anyway!

I know most people want to know about the staff, so I'll say that they were some of the nicest staff members I've ever encountered. They were so friendly and seemed to care about each individual customer. Granted it was a holiday weekend, so they had a lot of people to attend to and service was maybe a little slower, but you don't really notice because it is just so pleasant eating outside or in the dining room.

We didn't go in the pool, but it was really crowded, even though it is on the street side of the hotel. It was probably a little warmer on this side as the sun goes down on this side of the street. It seemed really nice.

This is a great choice if you want to get away from it all and just swim, read books, and play on the beach. It was just as nice, if not nicer than Cape Cod!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, request an deluxe ocean front room that's not on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elleng
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I recently spend the weekend of October 14th a nd 15th at the Pleasant View. It was a perfect, the food was great, prices were reasonable, the staff was very friendly and the place was very clean. One of my favorite places.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy G
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We just returned from a very nice weekend at the Pleasant View Inn. The Inn is not a high class resort, but an old fashioned beach motel. Our room was spotless. Yes, the place is old, but we found it to be charming. We had two double beds (not our usual choice) with clean, crisp sheets. Our bathroom could have used some upgrading (like a plug to use a hairdryer), but it was spotless. Without knowing what rooms are available, it may make it a bit difficult to choose. Our room (261) was directly over the walkway which was a bit noisey. I would have picked another room. The dining room staff were terrific - spot on with everything. Any one of them could be working at a high end place. The food was good and the bar was fun. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask your location before you book. The place is old, so I would recommend a top floor. Don't book a room by the walkway connecting the buildings.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank peggywestshokan
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My 2nd visit to the PVI. It is late September and it is warm and humid. Great beach weather. No screaming Kids. Just a few cackling hens .... PVI is the bomb for direct beach front. The hotel is only 75 Ft from the surf. Please get a direct beach front room. If you are coming here it is awesome to hear the surf as you drift off to sleep. The hotel overall is kept up. They should focus on the little things that are inexpensive to replace that would make a big difference in the property. Our room was direct ocean front. Was told it was going to be a queen size bed, No way. It is a full but it faces the slider and the direct ocean front so I can live with it. The room is teeny tiny but decent. The hotel has the worst lighting. The halls are very dark. The room lighting is not so great. The light above the bathroom vanity is circa 1950. The bathroom vanity is from the year of the flood. If they did some inexpensive upgrades it would make such a difference. However the sound of the surf and the view highly rule over the dark stall shower. The picture above the bed was securely screwed into the wall, LOL. Still the room was pleasantly decorated. The hotel has these direct large outdoor lights facing the ocean walk. This bright light at night really takes away from the night sky and ocean ambiance. They should install some patio lighting on the outdoor walkways to maintain the great outdoor ocean ambiance. The hotel restaurant is decent. A little pricey but the lunches I had I was very happy with. I had a lobster bisque soup and there were pleanty of large chunks of lobster. Overall the hotel staff are friendly and nice. Cell service and internet service are not good. So if you need to stay in touch for business this would not be a good place to conduct vacation business. Some further tid bits. Bring water shoes if you go into the ocean. The rocks will kill your feet. Also, bring beach chairs. The hotel itself has some chairs by the pool and hotel walk but nothing for the beach. I would bring some nice thick towels as well to lay on the chaise lounges as they are hard plastic and too comfortable. This hotel is not a typical hotel. If you are looking for a ton of amenities this is not the place for you. This hotel is kinda like a really high end motel on the beach. If that could make sense Anyway, the direct ocean rules so I will come back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends