I was very pleasantly surprised after reading some of the less then rave reviews on here. I was traveling with my 6 year old daughter, last minute trip, only wanted beach front. (I am also VERY picky usually - but I needed a place fast). I called the Inn directly (all the websites said they were 100% booked), since we were booking in the same week, and they had some cancellations, we got a great deal. We wanted to stay 2 nights - the front desk told me we would have to change rooms for the 2nd night. ok - fine. Once we got there, we immediately got into our room ( hours early I might add with no call ahead) - had a nice beach front with a balcony room. It was a small room, the furniture was dark and dated, the bathroom tiny - no outlets in the bathroom - BUT, the place was VERY VERY clean, tons of towels, comfy beds, guests were quiet even though the place was packed. The restaurant was very good ( long wait for the food though) - the bar was really good - loved all the food and the breakfast was amazing, and very reasonably priced. Great very warm clean pool that my daughter and her friends loved.
After the first night - we were suppose to get moved to a NON beach front - which did not make us happy, but we know this was the deal. The front desk said "lets see if we can get you something better then this" and sent us to a BEACH FRONT room ( just a little smaller then the first one) , for a lower price then the first night - ok, it had no balcony per se, but you could walk out the door and sit right there facing the beach.
The staff was so helpful, when I was stressing about trying to move all our stuff into second room ( we were going to be out all day) the woman at the front desk said " no worries - housekeeping will move you, just have it all packed"....
and that was that - check out was painless as well -
I wish I had taken some room photos -- really - they are not bad - just remember that this is a BEACH FRONT hotel - it's very beachy - it's NOT the Ritz, but it is very well run, great helpful staff and so so clean. The beach is PERFECT PERFECT - but bring chairs, they don't rent them out.
It's dated, the rooms are small, the hallways dark - but it's a great safe place - we walked to some restaurants and shopping late in the evening and felt 100% at ease (with a 6 year old).
We are already making plans for a return trip for july 2009.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pleasant View Inn is located on the Atlantic Ocean in Misquamicut, RI. Offering Rhode Island charm, the Pleasant View Inn is the best choice for a seaside family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pleasant View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pleasant View Hotel Misquamicut
- Pleasant View Misquamicut