I arrived on Sat June 14th. We arrived early so we went to check to see if maybe our room was ready early (we didnt expect it to be). The room was not ready which wasnt a problem but the lady's attitude at the front desk was. She was not only rude to us but rude to the people in front of us (who were checking to see if their room was ready as well). We came back well after check in time to find out our room was on the 3rd floor, with no elevator but they offered someone for bag assistance (which we accepted). We had tons of bags and my friend has cancer and is sick, i did not expect her to carry everything up 3 floors. Moving on when we got to the room, it was very pretty and clean (we paid for an ocean view room) but shortly after arriving in our room, we discovered we had no wifi access, no cell service and NO landline in our room. We went down to the frontdesk and the lady explained they dont get good service there (which was ok) but how do you put people on the 3rd floor of a hotel with no phone to reach the front desk or in case of an emergency (like I said my friend is sick with cancer). We used the computer in the lobby to make dinner reservations. Arriving back upstairs I went to take a shower, turned the shower on, started to undress and noticed the entire bathroom was flooding. Quickly turned the shower off, left the room (cant call the front desk) walked down the stairs and explained the situation. Also explained that we had reservations and were now on a time constraint. They sent a maintenence person up who had to replace the shower head and pipe. Needless to say they never offered us a different room, we ended up being over an hour late to dinner (which was my birthday dinner) and they didnt even do so much as to apologize to us. This was supposed to be a special occasion that turned out less than special. I would not go back. Recommend you stay there only if you have low expectations and know what your facing when staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pleasant View Inn is located on the Atlantic Ocean in Misquamicut, RI. Offering Rhode Island charm, the Pleasant View Inn is the best choice for a seaside family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pleasant View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pleasant View Hotel Misquamicut
- Pleasant View Misquamicut