Us: Husband & Wife, 2 kids ages 6 & 3.
Looking for a quick get away that's not too far of a car ride but still far enough from home to feel like an adventure to our kids.
The hotel rooms have been renovated, while its not a 5 star hotel, it is most certainly a 3 star w/nice accommodations a magnificent view. We stayed in room 332, small but roomy enough for the 4 of us. This room is facing the ocean the view can't get any better. The balcony is also small (fits 2 chairs) but we liked that it was quiet (as opposed to those w/pool side rooms).
The pool is very well maintained.
The staff is very friendly.
The restaurant is charming. We only ate breakfast there and it was fine.
The beach is fantastic. You're only allowed on this part of the beach if you are a guest of PVI which is nice because the public beach section is so congested!!
Location is great, you are within walking distance of a new beach restaurant next door called Andrea's.
The TV in the room is quite small.
When the renovations took place the doors were not placed back to their original location so yes, you get the sticky door problem and may need to give it a little shove. My door was completely stuck and a locksmith was called but it did take a few hours to get someone from offsite to our hotel to fix the door, luckily I spent this waiting time on the beach.
The bathroom ceiling is a bit icky, its those old Styrofoam panel looking things and have a bit of mildew but overall the bathroom was clean.
No phone in the room which shouldn't matter much - who doesn't have a cell phone? But there's terrible phone service so if you need to reach the front desk - you have to walk there.
This is the no frills place to come when you're looking for an R&R, family friendly place. Do not come here with 5 star expectations, come here with a laid back beach vibe and you are golden!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pleasant View Inn is located on the Atlantic Ocean in Misquamicut, RI. Offering Rhode Island charm, the Pleasant View Inn is the best choice for a seaside family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Pleasant View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pleasant View Hotel Misquamicut
- Pleasant View Misquamicut