“This review is for people unfamiliar with this town & hotel.”
Review of Pleasant View Inn

Pleasant View Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
“This review is for people unfamiliar with this town & hotel.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you know about Westerly / Misquamicut State Beach and this area - you don't need this review. If, like us, you don't know about this area and are looking for a scenic, oceanfront location for your family to visit - this review is for you. Keep looking. As near as I can tell - the people who come here have been coming for decades and use it as their personal party place. Smoking - everyone. All the time. Drinking/drunkenness/all-night partying right outside your room. Yep. Family friendly only if your idea of family friendly is kids running all over the hotel all night long with parents who are getting plastered at the bar sending their kids to the game room. Dirty rooms (major dust bunnies on the air conditioner) with badly-functioning air conditioning. Pool that has to be filled for hours with a garden hose. Not much beach to speak of. I have a hard time understanding why people would come back here but they seem to. I would have rather stayed off the beach. And in a different town.

12 Thank Kmjp
Alison S, General Manager at Pleasant View Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. First, I want to apologize that your stay wasn’t up to par. I do want to note that yes, there are families who have been coming here for generations; in fact some families come more than 4 times in one season! We did take over the property last July, and although we have implemented a smoking policy, it is difficult to completely banish it when there has never been a smoking policy for over 30 years. I’m sorry that you had an issue with your AC unit, they do take on quite a bit with the humidity and salt! I have addressed this with my team. I am glad that it was the only issue wrong with your room. The pool is only topped off with a hose due to the constant sun shine and the high volume of guests using the pool, filling it is a must! I apologize that you came at a time when families with kids were visiting. Please contact me directly, pvigm01@gmail.com, and I would be happy to make another reservation for you at a time when it won’t be so crowded. Lastly, Misquamicut Beach is a destination for a lot of people wanting to visit great beaches and take in the scenery, but I’m sorry that you weren’t fond of the town. I do hope that you reach out to me so that I can put your mind at ease, and give Misquamicut another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Right on the beach, it reminds me of the good old days days when whole families would take vacations, with grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins, and stay for the whole summer, strolling on the beach with fancy umbrellas, yet very relaxing and informal at the same time. Great family hotel! The room was contemporarily decorated, with beautiful, colorful walls, carpet and big pillows. The lobby has lots of wicker/bamboo seating areas, and guests feel like they are part of onebig family while there. I know of no other hotel where you can sit outside and be right on the ocean. It is very peaceful and serene! It's a perfect vacation hotel!

1 Thank PlanetBetsy
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m so glad that you enjoyed the newly decorated rooms, and that you felt at home here! I will be sure to share your kind words with my team. We hope to see you again soon!
Connecticut
Reviewed 9 July 2014

There are not a lot (actually none that I know of) higher end hotels around so with that said, this is about as good as it gets, and it isn't bad at all! I was pleasantly surprised by a number of things at PVI. 1st and foremost was the location! RIGHT ON THE BEACH! With all of the other beaches blanket to blanket, it was nice to have a bit more room to spread out here. 2nd the staff was very nice and helpful. 3rd, the restaurant food was excellent. I had the bouillabaisse and it was superior! 4th although we stayed in the least expensive room they have and there wasn't even a window, it was clean, big enough, had a fridge and the bathroom was big too, the beds were very comfortable. 5th, they have a nice pool area (wish it was on the ocean side, oh well) if you want a break from the ocean/beach.
Overall, we will definitely stay here again. Not fancy, but it is the RI beaches, you can't expect fancy.

Room Tip: I would say 3rd floor ocean front room. The walls and ceilings are a bit thin and you can hear ever...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank CTRobin
Alison S, General Manager at Pleasant View Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
You are absolutely right, you can not beat the location! It is great that you enjoyed your meal, the room, the location, and most importantly that the staff was nice and helpful during your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and for your positive comments! We hope to see you again!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I just stayed at the Pleasant View Inn and had a lovely stay!
The Inn itself has an old charm but with new upgrades it makes you feel like your away from it all!

The beach area was great and the pool area had plenty or seating.
I stayed in a Ocean Front/Queen bed 3rd floor room that had a Art Deco/South Beach vibe with great views!

My only complaint would be check in. The Inn is very strict on you checking in at 3pm but if you arrive earlier you can use the pool and beach area.
I entered the lobby about 2:50 and the check in line was curled around and took me about 20-30 minutes. There was only two people at the front desk to check in.
Parking is also across the street so be mindful that there is no elevators and you'll have to take a few trips if you have alot of bags.

Again it was a great stay and would recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pastytravels
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I’m glad that you had nice time here, the team works very hard to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay. We do allow early check ins, but it all depends on how early the guests who stayed the night before check out. We can never guarantee an early arrival, but if you call about an hour prior to your arrival we can try our best to have the room ready when you get here. I'm happy your liked the newly decorated rooms as well! I hope you are able to visit again before the season ends!
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just arrived home from a five day vacation at the Pleasant View Inn in RI. From the minute we arrived at the front desk to check in everyone at the front desk was courteous, friendly, and attentive to our needs. They asked us if we needed help to our room, which we did, and someone came immediately and helped us to our room. The room was ready on our arrival, and it was cleaned, and the view was beautiful. Everyone there was courteous, professional, and always asking if we needed anything. This was our first trip to the Pleasant View, and we are looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MommaMarge2014
Thank you for sharing your positive experience! I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay from the minute you arrived, and that the staff was friendly and attentive. I will be sure to share this with my team and I hope that you will be able to visit again this season!
Terryville, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was a little nervous about my stay when I was reading some other peoples reviews. We arrived around 12pm. I knew check in wasnt until 3, but I wanted to enjoy the nice beach day. I went inside to let them know I was there. I wanted to just let them know we were here, not expecting that my room would be ready. The woman behind the desk was kind of rude, but then gave us our parking pass and told us not to come back until check in, and I could check sooner but no promises of our room being ready. We headed down to the beach and enjoyed 4 hours down there! Came back, got our room keys and headed on up! Unlocked the door and was surprised. The room was beautiful (we got ocean view w/ a king bed), but I was surprised on how small our room was. When I made the reservation online, I had put into the notes that I would be traveling with a 3 year old and a 1 month old. They had called me to confirm what floor I wanted, as their are no elevators. I was fine with second floor, ( for the price I wanted ocean view, not ground view) Anyways, we made it work with the 4 of us. The rest of the trip was good. We decided to spend some time at the pool, when we arrived their was caution tape and the pool was closed.(apparently there was a problem with the pump & that needed to be taken care of) which we understood, but the guy came over to us and said that it should be a half an hour or so and it should be open. That was around 1:45, around 3 we decided to head back to our room. My 3 year old passed out on the lounge chair with her life vest on. We were tired of waiting. That was probably the most disappointing part of our trip. we did enjoy the pool the next day. Other then the pool situation, everything else was great. Housekeeping was great at coming in and cleaning up. I loved the wifi! The restaurant had great food! And the free coffee & tea all day long was nice too! All in all we ended up with a great trip! And can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I would get a double room if traveling with young kids, and ocean view you want 2nd or 3rd floor for...
4 Thank ckirouac28
Thank you for sharing your feedback about you stay with us! First, I do want to apologize about the front desk agent who spoke with you when you first arrived. I will be addressing this with the front desk. I’m glad you enjoyed your room! The layout of the rooms are no uniform so we do have a lot of different room sizes, next time you make your reservation we will be sure to place you in a larger room that can accommodate your family! The pool never closes down, however, we had to address an issue with our pump, and close the pool until it was fixed. I’m sorry that in the very rare occasion that it happens, it was during your trip, but I am happy you got to enjoy it the next day! I will be sure to share your nice comments with both my housekeeping and restaurant staff. When you plan to make your next trip, please email me directly at pvigm01@gmail.com, and I will be sure to place you in a larger room! Thank you again for your feedback.
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our room has a view of the top of a roof this was the room they gave us after a requested a room for our 7th year wedding anniversary. When my husband asked if they had another room they said no but I went down to the front desk they said oh sorry just booked the last two rooms. Terrible service for repeat customers and our room is the size of a prison cell with a small window with a view of shingles. I am not one that usually complains I generally roll with the punches but I am disappointed to have booked in advance for such terrible accomodations

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Catherine F
Alison S, General Manager at Pleasant View Inn, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do apologize that the room you wanted was not available. You had stated that you asked if we had more rooms available, it could be that the last room the front desk sold was the same type of room you were already in. Please contact me directly at 40-348-8200 so that I can get a better understanding of what happened, and do what I can on my end to make things right. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Sandy Shore Motel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington
Aqua Blue Hotel
Aqua Blue Hotel
#3 of 8 in Narragansett

Been to Pleasant View Inn? Share your experiences!