“Friends Get Away” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
Bristol CT
“Friends Get Away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I spent from Friday - Monday at the Pleasant View. We met up with some old high school and college friends. We thought the room was fine for two people. The king size mattress was very comfortable and nice to have the restaurant in the hotel and not have to travel our after spedning the day at the beach or bike riding. We have stayed down on Winnapaug in the past but we will return to the Pleasant View.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Traveler13965
Alison S, General Manager at Pleasant View Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and will continue to visit us in the future! Hopefully you can make it back again this season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Do not believe management when they advertise that they have “re-modeled” the hotel. The rooms are way too small to fit a family of 4. The rooms are old and very outdated. The parking lot is dirt / gravel and you have to walk a long way to get to the hotel entrance. The pool is really small, not like the pictures. The beach access is really small, also not like the pictures. The hotel does not monitor who is accessing the pool or beach area so it’s a “free for all”, anyone including non-guests can access those areas, no room to even put a towel down. Hotel management is rude and so are the rest of the employees. We stayed there for 3 days and will never go back and do not recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice and clean family getaway.

Room Tip: don't stay here
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank D M
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that you didn’t enjoy your stay here. I don’t your name, or the date you stayed it is difficult to pin point the issues. The hotel did undergo a $1.4 redecoration, and we have received positive feedback in regards to the rooms that now have brand new furniture, carpet, bedding, and custom wardrobes. The pool is a kidney shape, 52’ by 25’ pool, the photos that are on the website show the shape of the pool. However, maybe we do need to add the size of the pool to the website as to not misinform our guests, thank you for the feedback! We do try to limit those who are not guests from entering our pool/beach, but I’m sure you can understand that sometimes it is difficult. I hope that you reach out to me directly at pvigm01@gmail.com, so that I can rectify your issues in hopes you will give us another chance!
Barre, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The positives:
Hotel was clean
Location was awesome
Restaurant was good with excellent service
AC was awesome
Beds were comfy but just full size
Pool was very clean, sure there was some sand but your on a beach
Check in was good, clerk lacked personality
Beach on the side of the hotel was large and nice

Cons:
Housekeeping staff seemed unfriendly and were on their phones a lot
Parking was tight
Arcade is a money pit with limited games
Beach in front of the hotel was tiny
In room safe was non functioning

In general the hotel is clean and the staff was ok, food staff and host were excellent. The area is quiet and is quite a ways from the heart of Misquamicut.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean with “excellent” service. I do apologize about the issues you experienced with your safe. I do hope that you contact the front desk as we do have a safe there for guests. Again, thank you for your comments, we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I have been looking for a place to "call our own" and one that we would look forward to coming back year after year to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Pleasant View Inn has exceeded our expectations. This was the whole package.. Beautiful location, beautiful rooms, friendly staff, cleanliness, amazing food, and awesome bartenders. Pleasant View Inn you have out done yourselves and we looking forward to spending many more getaways with you! Thank you for an
unforgettable anniversary!
Stacy & Josh Puza

• Stayed June 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacy and Josh, thank for your comments! I will certainly be sharing your kind words with my team. We strive to make our guests feel relaxed and at “home” here, and to have them want to come back year after year. I’m happy that we succeeded our goal with you both! We hope that you will be back soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I really have no complaints; it was very nice. Some down points that I observed that would be an issue to some guests with disabilities was that I didn't see any elevators. There were a limited amount of rooms on the first floor, however, there were still stairs to enter the lobby and to get to the first level of rooms.

One minor problem I did encounter was that our bathroom door got stuck closed all the time and needed a good push/pull to open it…….but the bathroom was quite spacious and the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. the in room safe was very handy.
The in-house restaurant was very good,especially for breakfast.

Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities! This winter we will be installing a ramp for ease of entrance for our guests who cannot use stairs. As for the elevators, this is difficult due to the unique lay out of the building. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to see you soon!
Southington, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the PV Inn for 4 days in July with my wife and 2 kids. I was disappointed with the cleanliness of the hotel. The pool was not clean and had a lot of sand and floating globs of hair. I asked the front desk clerk to have someone clean the pool but that never happened. Finally, I noticed a guest had to take the initiative upon herself to clean the pool because it was so dirty. This is a very old hotel that needs to be renovated. On the plus side, the hotel is located on a nice private beach which is the reason I gave it two stars instead of one. I will not be coming back to this place any time soon. For $250 per night, its just not worth it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SteveCT007
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. Please reach out to me directly, pvigm01@gmail.com, so that I can better understand the situation, and dates that you stayed. The pool does have a very high volume of usage, but we have never experienced cleanliness issues as my team works hard at ensuring our guests stay is enjoyable. Again, thank you for your comments, but please reach out to me so that I can fix the issue for you.
Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Clean lovely hotel with a pool and rooms with a review, 200 yards from Atlantic Ocean (During High Tide). Food is great, rooms and hallways are clean. During High Tide, your only place to grab a chair is on the cliff, which is lovely except when there are smokers. If you have a room key, you can use the smoke free beach adjacent to the Inn. But after you check out, or if you haven't checked in yet...you might be asked to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window, the one without, you hear the air-conditioning system running all nigh...
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I’m glad that you enjoyed your time here, and I will be sharing your comments with my team. We hope that you will be able to make it back this season!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Sandy Shore Motel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stonington
Aqua Blue Hotel
Aqua Blue Hotel
#3 of 8 in Narragansett

Been to Pleasant View Inn? Share your experiences!