I wrote a review of the Pleasant View Inn in 2007 in which I expressed disappointment with facilities and food quality. I said I would probably not return.
This year (2010) I decided to take a chance and return. Overall, I'm glad I did.
They have updated a number of the rooms, our third-floor room among them. The beds were new as was the rest of the room furniture. It appeared that the bathtub shower had been updated as well. The effect was nice; the beds are especially comfortable. According to the PVI staff, they are doing the updates on a piecemeal basis.
The food remains expensive, but as others have noted, the quality has improved considerably. Every meal we had at PVI was top notch.
The beach was terrific and I have a feeling that the sand may have been replenished sometime within the last few years. There was a noticeable lack of rocks and pebbles compared to previous visits.
My only complaint, and it is a very mild one, is that their free WiFi service doesn't cover the resort consistently. We were never able to connect to the Internet from our room; we had to walk down to the lobby area to get an adequate connection.
PVI is still rough around the edges as always, but this time I can say that I probably *will* be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pleasant View Inn is located on the Atlantic Ocean in Misquamicut, RI. Offering Rhode Island charm, the Pleasant View Inn is the best choice for a seaside family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pleasant View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pleasant View Hotel Misquamicut
- Pleasant View Misquamicut