“I'm Going Back Next Summer”
Review of Pleasant View Inn

Pleasant View Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
Hyannis, Massachusetts
“I'm Going Back Next Summer”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I called several places before choosing Pleasant View Inn and I am SO glad I did. We reserved an ocean front room, and the views were breathtaking. The room was immaculate, service was excellent, food was delicious, down a couple flights of stairs, out the door, and there was the beach. We are definitely going back next summer. I can't say enough about this Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank terry120953

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
East Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I was very impressed with the Pleasant View Inn. The staff was friendly and the room was excellent! I would suggest an oceanview room with a balcony to maximize the experience. The ONLY drawback was an overly crowded beach but that is to be expected anywhere that time of year. I would rush back to this Inn any day and in fact hope to get there again soon. Very clean too!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M239
Wallingford, CT
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I wrote a review of the Pleasant View Inn in 2007 in which I expressed disappointment with facilities and food quality. I said I would probably not return.

This year (2010) I decided to take a chance and return. Overall, I'm glad I did.

They have updated a number of the rooms, our third-floor room among them. The beds were new as was the rest of the room furniture. It appeared that the bathtub shower had been updated as well. The effect was nice; the beds are especially comfortable. According to the PVI staff, they are doing the updates on a piecemeal basis.

The food remains expensive, but as others have noted, the quality has improved considerably. Every meal we had at PVI was top notch.

The beach was terrific and I have a feeling that the sand may have been replenished sometime within the last few years. There was a noticeable lack of rocks and pebbles compared to previous visits.

My only complaint, and it is a very mild one, is that their free WiFi service doesn't cover the resort consistently. We were never able to connect to the Internet from our room; we had to walk down to the lobby area to get an adequate connection.

PVI is still rough around the edges as always, but this time I can say that I probably *will* be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Sparky1954
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2010

Our daughter was to be married in this area and a local suggested this inn to stay. We thought the prices were a bit high but the location could explain that. Our other daughter with a two year old and a four month old also registered since she would be in the wedding. I took the least expensive room that would still have at least a double as described on the internet. We would not be there long enough to care about the view. My daughter requested a room large enough for the four of them. The interesting story started in June when the inn called my daughter and asked why she had not arrived. She explained again to them that she needed the room for her sister's wedding in July not June. They apologized and rebooked her. This was good. Then we called in early July to see if we could add on my mother in law who had just had cardiac surgery and lived 15 minutes from the place. At that time the inn informed us that we presently had a room with only two twin beds. We disagreed, they called back with apologies and told us that we would be upgrated to an oceanfront room for the same cost and could include my mother in law. We no longer questioned that she be with us. Upon arrival my daughter was placed in a two double bed room with no space for the two cribs since the room was long and narrow. Then we arrived with
my mother in law only to find out there were no elevators and she had to carry her bag up two flights. There are no phones in the rooms and the cell phone reception is extremely poor. We were concerned if we had to call the doctor or even 911. There are no radio/clocks or hairdryers in the rooms unless you go to the desk and request one. This left me very uneasy about the clientel that they must have to deal with. The wedding went well and we decided to relax on the beach for a day. There are an unbelieveable number of metal stairs that you need to climb down to get to the beach front. This was the icing on the cake for our family, I thought. When my husband went to check out we were charged an extra $100 a night with the comment "there were three of you you know". We will try to work things out with the inn but I certainly would not reccommend this place to someone else.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Mac12142
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Having stayed on the Cape and grown up on the Jersey shore, I can't say this is more than average BUT, I am a foodie and the food here was out of this world. Enough for me to go back just for that. They didn't have oysters but came back a few minutes later and said the fisherman just dropped them off having caught them from the next town! And they were wild, out of this world! The chowder is the best I've ever had. They batter dip the fish and chips and the chef out does Gordon Ramsey at the London (I'm a NYer). Lots of comfort food too. The staff was really nice.

In the summer, it's very crowded, families, small beach, old decor, kitchy, and the area is run down but for the food triple A. I went to pick up my teenagers from Camp Farwell a few towns away so went for convenience.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 July 2010

For the price and location it was worth it. Don't think we'd go back, but don't regret going. The inn, hasn't been remodeled since the 80's. The location to the beach and Watch hill was perfect. The food was good. No convenience store nearby so bring your snacks with you! The other bars nearby were also out of the 80's but enjoyable. For the price worth it. We traveled there from Boston for the 4th of July and enjoyed ourselves. I wouldn't travel anymore than 2-3 hours to get there. Traffic leaving could be brutal.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Rensselaer, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2010

My husband & I have stayed at the Pleasant View Inn & stayed other places as well
but would not miss having dinner at the Pleasant View - the dinner was superb!!!
My complements to the chef!!! Excellent!

William & Margaret Sauer

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marge33348480
Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
Sandy Shore Motel
#5 of 13 in Mystic
The Break
The Break
#1 of 8 in Narragansett

Been to Pleasant View Inn? Share your experiences!