“Wonderful stay!”
Review of The Richards

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
The Richards
Ranked #4 of 10 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband, two sons (ages 12 and 14) and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Richards. We loved every moment of it! The property is just beautiful and located on a very nice street. We were able to easily walk and bike to the beach during our stay. Nancy and Steve are super- Steve is very friendly and made everyone feel comfortable. Nancy made excellent breakfast dishes - my son just loved her pancakes and coffee cake! Do not hesitate to stay here- the Richards are warm and welcoming hosts.

Room Tip: We stayed in the two bedroom suite which is perfect for a family of four.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were in Narragansett for a wedding and needed a base for a three-day stay. From the moment we stepped into the beautifully decorated hallway to the time we left, we were treated like family. Nancy and Steve are superlative, attentive hosts. They provided directions and helpful advice on area attractions. The rooms were beautifully appointed and comfortable. Most impressive was the Richardses' ability to make everyone feel comfortable and happy at the breakfast table. Their superb food, great coffee and delightful conversation made guests feel totally at home and at ease with strangers. I can't say enough good things about this very attractive b and b and the surrounding gardens, which Nancy tends with a skillful hand. The grounds are calm, quiet and relaxing. Nancy has a number of birds visiting feeders, and a barred owl serenaded us at night. Clearly, this is a happy refuge for winged guests! The house is an important landmark residence of Narragansett. The hosts have carefully restored it to its former glory and, most of all, have created a warm, welcoming space for their guests. Our recommendation is enthusiastic and unequivocal. We'll definitely return.

Room Tip: The Lavender Suite offers two separate rooms adjoined by a bathroom. This worked out well for us sin...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the Richards recently and it was one of the best BnB experiences that we've had across the Northeast. Nancy, the co-owner was very easy to deal with on the phone for a reservation and explained that they accept only checks and not credit cards. While it appears old fashioned to some, for us it wasn't a big deal. We reached there a bit late in the evening, but our check in was very smooth. Its an old Victorian style home, which has been painstakingly restored by the Richards family and it shows in the awesome decor and manicured lawns. The room was extremely well kept and the bathroom was spotlessly clean. The bed's mattress was a bit firm, and as I'm a side sleeper, it was mildly uncomfortable, but my wife loved it. Matter of personal preference, I guess. The only negative was that I had no mobile connectivity in my room (not the owner's fault!), and even the property's wifi was patchy in the Blue room. Still, it wasn't a deal breaker, as Nancy's frittata and pancakes, combined with Steven's stories in the morning more than made up for it. Would love to go back sometime.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I am from New York and my friends and I road tripped to Rhode Island being lucky enough to be able to stay in this lovely home for the first night of our trip. Upon meeting the Richards we immediately felt at-home at this place and extremely welcomed within the first minute of conversation, and this is rare in a business. The rooms and house were beautiful, clean and incredibly comfortable! Breakfast was PHENOMENALLY DELICIOUS and the dining room is exquisite! My friends and I talked for hours with the Richard's! They are the most lovely, friendly, and nicest people I have ever met. The amazing hospitality was through the roof! We are DEFINITELY coming back every year to stay!

Also the yard and gardens were breath taking... The plants are simply gorgeous and there are so many different pathways you can follow that lead to more beautiful areas. Extremely well-kept! I cannot wait to come back to walk through them again!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank JamieRose Z
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a fantastic time at the Richards. This B&B is perfectly situated to see Narragansett by bike or car and also to drive to all the amazing surrounding areas, including Newport. The house and grounds are spectacular -- literally a piece of Narragansett history. And the proprietors are wonderful hosts who take the time to provide you insights on sights and great places to eat. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denis S
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I stayed with The Richards again over the 4th of July, spending 4 nights there. Its become almost an annual tradition.

The rooms were spacious and charming, as always. This time we experienced the Lavender room. It has a antique clawfoot tub, and a modern shower. It also has a separate sitting room.

Breakfast was topnotch.. and its great to wake up to the smell to fresh baked muffins and cinnamon french toast! Every morning breakfast was different, and excellent. The grounds are terrific and the proximity to Narraganset town beach is also great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. Beautiful old stone building from the 1800's with absolutely incredible gardens in the backyard. The owners Steve and Nancy were gracious, and very interesting to speak to. Breakfast was wonderful and different each day. The rooms were spacious, extremely clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We'll be back, and I'd recommend this BnB to my friends. Walking distance to a few restaurants and the water. Simply amazing place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple