“Destination Perfection” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Richards

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
The Richards
Ranked #5 of 11 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Destination Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

I have always dreamed about hidden, beautiful houses that I read about in fantasy books as a child. The Richard's Bed and Breakfast is my dream house. From the second I entered the stone beauty I knew this was like no other place I would ever stay in again. Every room took me to the mansions in my children's books. It was simply one of the most unique places; not touristy whatsoever. I stayed in the yellow room with my sister and my parents stayed in the blue room. I adore how the rooms are color orientated; it gives the B&B even more charm. When I stepped outside, I was knocked off my feet. There were numerous cute places to read a book or spend time with a loved one surrounded by lovely flowers and shrubs. My favorite part of the grounds is the bubbling waterfall going into the pond. The immense fish of different colors made me smile. Everything was so clean, so beautiful, and I honestly could not get enough of my stay at The Richard's. Nancy and Steven were very hospitable and so friendly! I recommend this stay 100%!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hockessin, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

The house is gorgeous, very stately. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated. There are extensive gardens, including a waterfall and koi pond with a hammock and tables that's a perfect spot for relaxing. The house used to be part of a large estate which is now a retreat center. There is a path from the b and b that goes through the old estate, past the “castle”, and down to a shore access point with wonderful big rocks for clambering and watching the ocean. The food was fresh and tasty. Nancy and Steve have created a beautiful and serene getaway, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

We had a great time at this quiet historic home in Narragansett. Beautiful house and grounds in a nice neighborhood. Amazing breakfast too! Would recommend for those looking for a nice weekend away and at the beach. Long walk or quick drive from the public beach.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Norwell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

We've stayed here several times now and are never disappointed. It's always a quiet oasis away from one's usual techie surroundings. The house and grounds are beautiful and the overall ambience is friendly and relaxing. Great breakfasts, too.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

This was a charming historic home, beautifully restored, with interesting and friendly hosts. The breakfasts were delicious. It's a great spot for a quiet get-away, a short distance from the ocean. Also close to the University of Rhode Island, the reason for our visit. I think we've found our home-away-from-home whenever we head north to visit our daughter at college.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stayed in many different B&Bs during our travels and this was definitely the best. The room and ensuite bathroom were both very large and comfortable. The gardens and the house itself were very impressive to look at and it was a real joy to stay somewhere so beautiful after so many B&Bs that looked tired and very plain. We were really made to feel at home- both by the charming owners and by the delicious home cooked breakfasts (the muffins were particularly good!). A great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

My wife and I really enjoyed the Richards bed and breakfast. The room was spacious and well appointed, the home was very clean and filled with unique items. There is a short but enjoyable walk to the beach. The lawn is well kept and there is a very pretty fish pond in the back. Breakfast was delicious.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
The Break
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Newport Marriott
Newport Marriott
#3 of 21 in Newport

Been to The Richards? Share your experiences!