“Just the essentials.”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
New Haven, Connecticut
“Just the essentials.”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We missed the last ferry to Block Island and the more upscale motels were booked, so Scarborough Beach it was. No complaints about the price--$79. And really, no complaints--we got our $79 worth. Don't look for extras like refrigerator, coffee maker, even little plastic glasses in cellophane--ain't gonna happen. On the other hand, fast free internet. You're not going to take your summer vacation here (although it's right across from the beach, that's good), but in a pinch, it will do fine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cwhig1848

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hinsdale, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I was quoted a much cheaper price for Saturday but I was charged a lot ore upon check in. Room was sub prime doors windows leaked cold air and howled all night long. I won't be back and I urge you to look around. Not worth the price for this property good feature is it is across from the beach.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ken R

Travellers are raving about these Narragansett hotels

West Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 October 2013

There was a moldy, nasty smell in the efficiency room. When I went to the front desk, I was handed a can of room deodorizer and told that it was because of the dampness from the ocean. I have stayed at many ocean & lake front hotels over the past 30 years and I've never experienced a smell like that. There must be mold growing in the carpet for it to smell that bad. It's cost $187.32 for one night in a smelly room that has strips of mirrors on the wall, a double bed (not queen), and a cheap love seat with a pull out bed. I would never stay there again, even if it was free. Other than the location being across the street from the beach, there is nothing good to say about this motel. Very disappointing!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank BethT655
Maryland
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during the first week of August. This was my fifth visit to the property in 20 years. Very convenient. Just across US1a from Scarborough State Beach. This is a great place for a "quiet" beach vacation. Note there are no restaurants within walking distance; however you can book one of the motel's efficiency units and eat meals in your room. We stayed in a non-efficiency room on the second floor which had a view of the ocean.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank psm300m
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

If not for being across the street from the ocean, this motel wouldn't last a day! I graduated URI in 1999, and returned with my fiance, to show him my old stomping ground. WOW! The room was TINY...NO EXTRAS...and the price went from $69 to $90 per night upon booking. Not even worth the $69! The owners are ANYTHING BUT friendly and actually are rude and non-accomodating! I will NEVER stay there again, and recommend this place to NOBODY!!!

Room Tip: DON'T DO IT!!!! It's Baddddddddddddddd
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank liiabuck
Lyndhurst, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I'm reading the positive reviews about this place and wonder how long ago that was?

This place was bad, real bad. I stayed in 2013 and last year (2012) as part of my husbands annual picnic for work... and it wasn't that great but whatever happened from 2012 to 2013 in a year... who knows.

Our toilet barely worked. The place was dirty, funky, nasty... Too bad this is one of two motels (unless you go high $$$). Next year, I won't be here.

I would actually sleep in my car and forego a shower.. really!

Room Tip: Keep Driving
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 4 September 2013

What a Dump! Horrible service, unfriendly owners, smelly rooms, way overpriced!! My toilet kept overflowing. The owner handed me a plunger. I paid $200 a night for a vacation to plunge my own toilet?! No wonder the room smelled like urine!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Livingsocialcb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Scarborough Beach Motel? Share your experiences!