“Not great”

Scarborough Beach Motel
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
Reviewed 9 July 2007

In terms of its proximity to Scarborough Beach, this motel is great (just across the street). However, the accommodations left much to be desired and I was not at all impressed. I can only speak to the issues in my particular room: it was visibly unclean, had some unpleasant odors (mildew/urine), and was generally uncomfortable. I don't require anything fancy and realize that it's a "beach motel", but I couldn't wait to get out of here. I expected better for $160 per night.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank cb167

Reviewed 27 June 2007

Clean & basic, right across from the beach. Dated furnishings, Can't beat the view and access to the ocean.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mpb07
Reviewed 22 August 2006

THis place was the worse that I have stayed at. If you have allergies do not stay here. It is smelly, musty, damp and moldy. It could be a nice place if it were remodeled. The location is the only thing this place has going for it. Across the street from the beach.... The management didnt even care that we made complaints. Stay away.....

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank denisest
Reviewed 10 August 2006

I recently vacationed in Rhode Island and made reservations at the Scarborough Beach Club Hotel. Naragansett RI. Room 108. This was Monday August 7th. When my daughter and I arrived the room was disgusting. Mold along the top of the shower, and the smoke detector was hanging by wires from the ceiling. There were urine stains on the mattress, and there was a fragrance machine in the room that made it toxic to stay in. We left the room and drove to another location in Rhode Island. I was still charged for the room.

I wish I would have read the other response before I made reservations.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mp3wishes
A TripAdvisor Member
Easton Ct
Reviewed 13 July 2005

I went to this Beach Club and i found it to be perfect for beach lovers... all you had to do was walk across the street to the beach.... or get a pass to dive across to the beach...... For Beach Lovers...... it was wonderful
I have stayed their before.... I loved it...

• Stayed: July 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 November 2003

It is not a Beach Club, its a motel run by rude, inconsiderate people.
The room smelled musty and there was mold everywhere. We were not treated like guests that paid $100 a night for a room. Would not recommend.

29  Thank Nancy D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina
Ocean Rose Inn
Ocean Rose Inn
#5 of 8 in Narragansett

Been to Scarborough Beach Motel? Share your experiences!