“We're coming back for sure”
Review of The Anchor Motel

The Anchor Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Spent a wonderful time in Narragansett last week and stayed at the Anchor Motel. It was our first time there and we are going back again in July. The rooms are small but so very very clean. The property is well maintained and everyone was so pleasant. You just about trip into the ocean when you walk out the door that is how close you are. We had nice neighbors on both sides of us and spent time chatting with them. One of our neighbors has been going to the Anchor for 18 years so they had many suggestions for things to do in the area. We spent many years going to Misquamicut because my child liked waves but he's grown up and my mother just can't handle the under toe anymore. Scarborough beach is across the street and does not have the under toe nor the huge waves which made it easier for her. I found out about the Anchor Motel strictly by accident while talking to a gentlemen I met at a birthday party who was from Rhode Island. I'm glad I took his advice. I booked my travel plans right on March 1 as it fills up really quick. Can't wait to go back in July.

Room Tip: I believe rooms 14 and 15 are larger. We didn't stay in our room much. Spent most of the time...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Weezie01375

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

As previous reviews have said, the rooms are pretty simple but they're clean. In my opinion, you shouldn't need anything too fancy when you're steps away from a beautiful beach because you should spend the majority of your time there, not your room. Don't know about the other hotels in Narragansett but I can see how this is the top-rated.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank DanMoose
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Spent a chilly Memorial Day weekend here in the Bed & Breakfast house next to the motel, which felt brand new. It was spotlessly clean and adorably decorated with a nautical theme. We slept very well here - it was perfectly quiet - and I really appreciate that they had a recycle bin and a mini-fridge in the room. Breakfast is just a muffin so you shouldn't plan on a full spread, but it's the perfect place to stay by the beach if you are in the area. We were able to visit Newport and Block Island and it was conveniently located to both.

3  Thank sonhomeu
Reviewed 29 May 2013

the anchor motel is definitely where you want to stay if you're visiting this area. meticulously clean comfortable and the owners are so nice, we stayed 2 nights memorial day weekend. even though the weather didn't cooperate it was a great getaway. we cant wait to come back, we had breakfast at the old lighthouse diner. soooo much good food, for not a lot of money!!!!! and for dinner our first night we tried the crazy burger. it was so delicious, we ate dinner the second night as well. it's BYOB. and was featured on diners driveins and dives. check it out. happy happy happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: every room has an ocean view
3  Thank debhersheym
Reviewed 28 May 2013

we stayed there the weekend of Mother's day. very clean, nice people.right across from the beach we are going back in aug with our daughter and 2 little grandsons. wonderful place for children.only wish there was a pool

Room Tip: any one is great
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank emzDurham_ct
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for a house hunting trip. It was exactly what we needed.

I descrribe it as very basic. No soda machine, no ice machine ( although the owner is more that happy to give you ice from her home freezer). Just a good clean room with very friendly owners and other guests.

Its right across from the ocean. A 30 second walk!

I highly recommend it for this area. Its as good as it gets.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Tamjr
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Anchor Motel for 5 nights in April and enjoyed our vacation. I highly recommend Room 14 which overlooks the ocean and has a beautiful view of the sunset. We paid $95 a night off season. The room had two double beds and a mini fridge. The motel is family run and they keep the motel room very clean and are friendly. Excellent location across from Scarborough State Beach. Enjoyed eating at Crazy Burger Restaurant which is a 12 minute drive from motel. Wonderful holiday!

Room Tip: Room 14 is the best.
1  Thank JasStorrs_CT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
The Break
#7 of 21 in Newport
Ocean Rose Inn
Ocean Rose Inn
#5 of 8 in Narragansett

Been to The Anchor Motel? Share your experiences!