wonderful wonderful place to stay!
Extremely clean and the beach was beautiful and right across the road. The little porches were great for relaxing.
The views from the trails overlooking the water (to the left after beach ends) provided breathtaking views!
Lots of nice little places to eat within a short drive.
The owner Gene was very nice and always around the grounds cleaning.
Newport is an easy drive as well as the Block Island Ferry.
The fridges in the rooms are very handy and the beds comfy.
Small towels as others have saidt just bring your own- they worked fine for me though.
I had a wonderful time and fully intend on going back again and again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Scarborough State Beach; a few steps across the small two-lane road and you are on the beach! Fifteen immaculate rooms each with an ocean view and a private deck. Non-smoking motel, great for guests of all ages. Rooms have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), bathroom, refrigerator, AC/heater, cable TV, and wireless internet. Close to the Block Island ferry, the historic towers, Point Judith Lighthouse, and the University of Rhode Island. Continental breakfast served daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Anchor Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchor Hotel Narragansett
- Anchor Hotel Narragansett
- Anchor Motel Rhode Island