To give the Atlantic House its due our 3rd Floor 2 bedroom Apt is very spacious with a HUGE (albeit squishy) deck. The views across the Atlantic are great and a convenient intown location with a nice sidewalk along the ocean. Upon walking in the building your nose is immediately assaulted by that you know this place is not clean, mildew type smell that only a 20 plus year old dirty carpet can have. Up 3 steep flights of stairs, down a narrow, dirty hall with exposed 2x4’s we find our large suite. Just a series of minor things like broken or missing kitchen (and bath) cabinet doors, dirty oven, 2 mis-matched coffee cups, knifes that break in half when you cut a piece of cheese, dusty shelves, paint on fixtures that do not deserve paint, a toilet that runs all the time, furnishings way past dinged up. At first we said, well this is a nice 1-star place and then thought, no, it would not even earn 1-star! But, with this much space, in this great location if they really fixed it up they could easily charge 4-500+ per night and we only paid $130 for an off season weekend. So actually, the price/value relationship is not too bad. Just know what you are getting and do not expect much and you will be fine. Oh, and the front desk knows what they have here… when asked do I need to report any of the broken items in the room they said, “oh no, we know.” And when I told them how I had turned off the water to the toilet at night to keep it from running they basically said, “oh, that works”. Finally, I hope they at least replace the deck this off-season before someone falls thru next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and relax at The Atlantic House, one of the earliest established hotels at Narragansett Pier(Originally built during the winter of 1866-67) We are located on the famous and scenic Ocean Road, with panoramic views of Narragansett Bay. Enjoy the 2nd floor deck. Relax in one of our full ocean view guest rooms with a separate sitting parlor and step out on your private balcony, breathe the fresh ocean air, and take in the spectacular view. For your convenience, all rooms have individual climate control, microwave ovens, small refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers, iron and ironing boards and color television with cable reception. All rooms are equipped with electronic entry lock security systems. Please be aware that because of the age of this historical hotel, there is no elevator. The Atlantic House is central to countless recreational and cultural activities such as golf, tennis, boating, museums, historical landmarks and ferries to Block Island and Martha's Vineyard. Narragansett Beach, Shops of the village and restaurants all a short walk from our front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Atlantic House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic House Hotel Narragansett
- Atlantic Hotel Narragansett