“Big Time Disgusting!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
Simi Valley, California
“Big Time Disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Don't stay here is all I have to say! Website and pictures must be from 20+ years ago, place is a dump. They say it has been renovated, no it hasn't!
The rooms are filthy, old, dated, falling apart and the best part is doors don't close all the way so you can't even lock your door. We stayed here for a wedding, I booked a king/queen room, we got a full size bed stuffed into a tiny room, front desk said "sorry, we are sold out" so we were stuck, nothing worked, TV, A/C, hair dryer and even the bathroom sink! When we came back to our room that evening, thought it would be cleaned, nope, and went down to front desk to ask for towels, a sign that said, go to our "sister hotel" which is a ways away if you need anything, really??? Worst part, no smoke detectors in the rooms and if you were to ever have a problem, well you get we where I am going with this! Unsafe!!!! I tried for months to get a complaint into a manager/owner still to this day I have never heard a thing! Awful everything from customer service to the condition of the hotel! Only good thing is location, but it's not worth it. Felt like we were at the Bates motel for 2 nights...... Run In The other direction...... Fast!

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank jbrekke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rockland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I made a last minute reservation here after my had friends booked in. I couldn't believe the low price and was wondering what we would encounter. We found a bit of paradise! Right on the Narragansett Bay beach with everything we could want within walking distance. The king suite was ocean view on the ground floor with a lovely little deck. The staff was very friendly and we couldn't be happier with our stay here. We'll be looking for another opportunity to stay here!

Room Tip: Ocean view is the bomb!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike S
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Our wedding party and friends stayed here for our wedding weekend in September and we stayed the night before the wedding. We were pleased with the room size, cleanliness and you cannot beat the location! We thought the price was fair for what you get and were happy overall. Note that there is no one at the front desk overnight- our friends locked themselves out and had some issues, but other than that, the place is nice for a beach inn!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Waltham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights here in early September. Location is very good. Hotel is old but we were under the impression it had recently been renovated. Didn't appear that was the case. Mattresses need replacing. Window drapes were faded and old. Our upstairs room (stairs were steep and narrow) had a partial ocean view. Lighting was poor and the hairdryer had burned out and I had to tell the front desk so they could remove it. Couldn't get the lights over the bed to work so you couldn't read in the room. My daughter and her family stayed in the rooms that looked like an addition on the first floor. Her room was awful. Floors were uneven you could easily trip...which we did frequently. The room was suppose to have queen sized beds but it was not the case. Mattresses were lumpy. Although we stayed for two nights, they forgot to clean and make up my daughter's room. Front desk staff were pretty uninvolved in what was going on. They served coffee and stale muffins in the mornings. Plastic flowers were hanged in baskets at the side entrance. We loved Narragansett but would look for other accommodations if we were to return.

Room Tip: Don't believe there is good room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gerry C

Travellers are raving about these Narragansett hotels

Glastonbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I called the hotel after I left to see if items I left behind could be found and returned to me. When I spoke to the person at the desk they didn't seem very interested in helping me. Once they agreed to check the lost and found they were able to confirm that one of my two items was found and agreed to mail to me using my credit card on file. Unfortunately the item was never returned. I called back several times asking for help and the status of my returned item. Each time I had to talk to someone new and explain why I was calling. No one knew if my item was sent and it could no longer be found in the lost and found. I would have expected since it was there that it would have been mailed to me as was agreed when I first called in. The item never arrived and I would not recommend staying here. The service is terrible.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights at Hotel, peak summer week. Rate fair for partial ocean view room, bed firm, room clean. Front desk attendant VERY helpful, great service, helped me with bag.
Location superb. No extra frills, recommend front/side Ocean facing rooms. Gentleman at desk deserves kudos for customer service!

Room Tip: Front/side ocean views for sure
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Broken closet, hangers do not fit in closet (really), old faded plastic flowers as decorations, banged up furniture, 70 yr old bed, bathroom is a joke, poor lighting.....

I can't believe this exists in a vacation spot, it horrifies me that someone can spend their 1 week a year at this place with their family. I was embarrassed as a husband to bring my wife to a place like this.

This place should not even be your last resort (no pun intended) Checked in late on Saturday for an event Saturday night. After calling other hotels nearby we seriously debated driving home 2+ hours after our evening events. The only thing that works at this hotel is the credit card machine, our 1 night came to $220, absolutely ridiculous.

This was somehow a recommended hotel from someone- who probably just drove by it

Serves me right, I did not check tripadvisor.....don't make my mistake.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dandaman711
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
Hotel Viking
Hotel Viking
#4 of 21 in Newport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,890 reviews

Been to Atlantic House? Share your experiences!