“Amazing Wedding Venue”
Review of Tower House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
Tower House B&B
Ranked #2 of 10 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Amazing Wedding Venue”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We celebrated our son's wedding here in October. We live locally but felt uncertain about the weather and the Tower B&B had it all covered, an outdoor venue, a large wrap around porch and a beautiful interior in case it really poured. Fortunately, the weather was beautiful and Mary Beth was a wonderful wedding coordinator. She had champagne chilled and glasses ready and we had a short time in the beautiful yard. It was truly amazing. They do offer a beautiful menu for dinner but we already had restaurant plans near the beach.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Harvard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My cousin and I stayed at the Tower House B&B over a weekend in April to celebrate her successful battle against breast cancer. The Tower House was a great place to reconnect with her and the unique room situation was perfect for friend's traveling together -- we stayed in the Earles room which has two connecting Queen bedrooms + a large shared bath. Mary Beth was the perfect host -- friendly and professional at the same time -- we thoroughly enjoyed meeting her and members of her family (including the friendly dog who is so tall I caught him drinking from the bird bath). From the welcoming outdoor sitting area to the indoor sitting area with complimentary wine, beer and snacks in the afternoon, everything was perfectly set up. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Really, I wouldn't change anything. It have stayed at many hotels, inns and B&B's across the globe and the comfort of this was is now high on my list. Highly recommend! The area itself was quiet mid-April but we did schedule massages at Spa Thayer in Narragansett and had a lovely dinner at Turtle soup and we were well taken care of there as well. Hope to be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CLee658
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband was the best man at a wedding held here last weekend (the first real "spring" weekend in RI- beautiful!) so we were there for two nights. The website does not do it justice at all. The house is so amazing, homey, but as other reviews have noted, the owner Mary Beth absolutely makes it. There was nothing awkward about being in her home. I felt like we were visiting family, the ones you see once a year and it's like you never left. Even in early spring the garden was charming and the location is so fabulous- private but an easy walk along the beach wall or to restaurants. Her breakfasts were truly special and the food she made for the heavy apps reception was amazing. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Several rooms have space for kits in a separate room or loft.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott M
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I cannot say enough about the absolute dream wedding weekend we had at the Tower House B&B in November, 2013. We felt completely at home as soon as we arrived. Mary Beth and Chris are truly wonderful people who are opening their home to you as your very own. Mary Beth was extremely patient and accommodating as we came up with new ideas and changed our minds about things multiple times. Our families and friends stayed with us through the weekend and it was just incredible. We had a very small wedding with only immediate family and our closest friends. A few of our guests needed to stay at a local hotel and even they felt right at home! They came for brunch the day of our wedding and the following morning. Mary Beth suggested a local liquor store who delivered us all of our beer and wine for the weekend, for guests to enjoy. She welcome everyone with open arms. My best friend referred to her as "a magical lady"-and it's the truth! She knew every single guest's name. We originally intended to have our ceremony inside, assuming the the fireplaces would be necessary given it was November. As luck would have it, we ended up with a 60 degree, gorgeous day. We were married in the garden and it was perfect. Dinner was out of this world. Every single little decoration or added touch that I had mentioned..Mary Beth and her family made our wedding the most beautiful, intimate, cozy event. Our guests couldn't compliment her enough. We couldn't have imagined just how incredible of a weekend it would truly be until it was put into action. We are so grateful to Mary Beth and Chris for their hospitality. It was difficult to leave on the Monday after our wedding-we can't wait to start our annual November visits for our anniversary!
I want to share some of the beautiful photos we had taken of our day, but am having difficulty uploading them.

Room Tip: Caldwell suite, perfect for couples!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AshleyKnapp
Bolton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Tower House B &B was simply awesome and I'd highly recommend it to anyone travelling to the Narragansett area. From the moment we stepped inside to the warmth of a bright fire in the sitting room, and being greeted by the owner, Mary Beth, it felt like home. My sisters and I gave my Mom a "Birthday Adventure" and spent the night (during a snow storm) and it was simply divine. The B & B was very clean, comfortable, and with lovely touches to welcome guests. From chocolates on pillows, water bottles in rooms, wine and cheese by the fire in the evening, to a fantastic 5 star breakfast, everything was perfect. Also, the dinner recommendation from Mary Beth, was spot on and we had a lovely dinner at a local restaurant Turtle Soup. Mary Beth's husband even brushed off my car and had it ready for my Mom upon our departure. Great place, Great people, and I'm grateful to have enjoyed their little spot of heaven for the night. We'll be back! Laura K

Room Tip: For a group of 4, the EARLS was ideal. 2 Queen beds with an adjoining bathroom... fireplace in room...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am from Charlotte, NC and recently attended my daughter's wedding at the Tower House B&B. Having attended three high-end weddings in the Carolinas that summer, my wife and I were naturally concerned that our daughter's wedding wouldn't be as beautiful or memorable. However, my daughter's husband was from Rhode Island and it was important to she and him that his entire family would be in attendance at their wedding; thus the RI venue. As it turns out, this is the best decision they could have made.

Of the three weddings we attended in the Carolinas, this one was by far the most fun, beautiful and memorable. With this being my daughter's wedding, of course you'd expect me to say this. However, my feelings are based strictly on the Tower House natural charm and beauty, the gracious host in the name of Mary Beth and the awesome food prepared by her husband Chris.

From the time our family arrived, Mary Beth gave us access to the entire B&B and made us feel like family. She had the patience of a saint working with the three perspectives of my wife and two daughters. Mary Beth and Chris....you are absolutely the best and I would highly recommend the Tower House B&B to both our Northern and Southern friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at the Tower House again this year. My wife and I like to start our family vacation time with just the two of us - the kids join us in Maine later. :) Mary Beth just so wonderful. She is gracious, funny, authentic, helpful and just an all around "good egg." The room we stayed in this year was The Earle - it was very nice - it has a great view of the beautiful gardens below. It was a little big for us since we needed only one bed. Our first year we stayed in the Caldwell Suite, which is wonderful for a couple. We have already booked the Caldwell Suite for 2014. All the rooms are decorated in a beautiful, inviting manner. The breakfast here is the best we have ever had in a B&B. This B&B has gained our loyalty and repeated visits because of its high quality and mostly.......Mary Beth! Thank you!!

Room Tip: If you are lovebirds select the Caldwell Suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
Holiday Inn South Kingstown
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
The Chanler at Cliff Walk

Been to Tower House B&B? Share your experiences!