“Fantastic”
Review of Tower House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narragansett
Tower House B&B
Ranked #2 of 10 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I have just read a review below that stated, "nothing I write will adequately describe the pleasure of staying in the Tower House" and I completely agree.
My friends and I were travelling around New England in the summer and after driving round Cape Cod, we stopped off in Rhode Island. From arriving at the house Mary Beth was so pleasant, helpful and welcoming and could not do enough for us. (To my shock the boys asked if it would be OK for her to do some of our washing that had mounted up from travelling around and she was more than happy to do this). Mary Beth took time to talk to us and get to know us over a lovely breakfast (I especially enjoyed the quiche) and even kept some wine and cheese etc out for us coming back at 9pm, despite the snack hour being at 6. The house itself its absolutely lovely filled with antique furniture and there is often fantastic music playing in the house throughout the daytime.
There are also little extras that make it great, such as MaryBeth is always happy to offer lifts to the beach if necessary as parking can be expensive, sweets and water, tea and coffee and morning paper in the hall and free computer/printing access.
I have never stayed anywhere that has been so accommodating as the Tower House B&B. I hope I get the chance to go back, but until then I will be recommending this beautiful place to everyone I know.

There are newer reviews for Tower House B&B

Reviewed 5 October 2010

We stayed at Tower House for our 20th anniversary with our 3 children. We were spoiled with wine and cheese, pampered with rides to the ferry, and thoroughly taken care of by Mary Beth and Chris. They have the amazing gift of knowing what is needed. The french toast was amazing. The whole breakfast spread was wonderful, fresh and made with care. Unlike other B&B's, Tower House has room for kids. All three of mine had a wonderful time. The yard was beautiful. The rooms spacious and very clean. We hope to return to this very special place. Thank you Mary Beth and Chris!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We travelled to Rhode Island from Warwick in England for our younger son's wedding. Most of the wedding party stayed in a local hotel, but I was determined to see how life really was in the USA. I researched for hours but everything on offer paled into insignificance after reading about the Tower House B&B. I was so right.
Nothing I write here will adequately describe the pleasure of staying in the Tower House.
The warm hospitality offered by Chris and Mary Beth seemed limitless; nothing was too much trouble; every need was met. We visitors from England, my husband James, older son Charles and I were enchanted by the character of the Tower House and delighted by the conviviality of fellow US guests.
Two days before the wedding the Tower House acted as a rendezvous for about 20 other wedding guests arriving from England and Chris and Mary Beth treated us all to a New England Clam Bake. The quality was superb (not necessarily a quality evident in American cuisine elsewhere) and the portions most generous, and all for a modest charge.
We of course enjoyed our son's wedding and the memories of it will for ever be enhanced by our stay at the Tower House. We met Chris and Mary Beth as our hosts; we left them as our friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

What a special place! Please don't come here, because I would rather keep it all to myself. The proprietors are dedicated to gracious hospitality. They are both creative and intelligent, attuned to your every need. A vitrual haven awaits! Cozy, tastefully decorated rooms with wonderful cuisine, I look forward to returning. Very accommodating and delightful.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Tower House B & B in Naragansett RI. We have been to a few different B & B's. This was the best one we have ever stayed at. It is a piece of paradise in the middle of Naragansett. It is peaceful, cozy and beautiful, set back from the main road. When you walk in, it is warm and inviting. We were greeted warmly by both Chris and MaryBeth. Our room wasn't quite ready but was ready in a short time. They took the care and time to drive us to the ferry to visit Block Island. MaryBeth also picked us up. She has a lot of knowledge about the island and shared much about the lighthouse and also her b & b, as well. We stayed in the Caldwell Suite, a beautiful suite, including a quaint, oversize bathroom, cute little sitting room and a comfy and cozy master room. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in. The room was stocked with water and MaryBeth was also kind enough to offer additional sweets in the late afternoon.

I can't say enough about this beautiful, sweet gem of an inn. The host and hostess were very interested in their guests and really took their care and hospitality seriously. Our breakfast the next morning was sumptious, delicious and simple. The french toast, omelettes, fruit and other homemade danish were all yummy and gave us a kick-start to an awesome day. Both MaryBeth and Chris went out of their way, above and beyond and even were very helpful in offering suggestions for dinner at local restaurants.

Both my husband and I felt relaxed and at peace with this charming, lovely b & b and would recommend it to anyone wishing a quiet, romantic stay/getaway. It is definitely a hidden gem!!!!

Reviewed 18 August 2010

My wife and another couple stayed here last week and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. As has been written by so many others, Mary Beth is a gem. She'll gladly do (and did) anything to accomodate our needs, including above and beyond what you'd expect. For example, we stayed 2 nights but had to check out before the 3rd night because our rooms had been previously booked. Mary Beth offered to drive us to and from the nearby beach with towels and beach chairs (as she had done the first 2 days) AFTER we checked out. How very nice! And typical of Mary Beth's graciousness.( If only the rest of the world provided the excellent service that she does.)
We agree with all the other reviews that the breakfasts are wonderful. And, as she promised, there's wine and other beverages, cheeses and crackers, and other goodies at 5pm....as well as water, nuts, raisins, cranberries and candies in the room. The rates are reasonable. Their dog,Otis, is sweet and kept away from guests (unless you wish to find and pet him, which we did). All in all, a great stay and we and our friends reserved rooms for next summer.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank steve7221
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We had a fabulous time staying at the Tower House B&B. Mary Beth and Chris took excellent care of us - made fabulous breakfasts, packed us lunches, dropped us off at the beach and picked us up, had wine and nibbles ready at 5pm, providedcoffee/tea and papers outside our door in the mornings, and a friendly smile all day! I'm torn about doing this review because I'd like to keep this gem to ourselves. We look forward to going back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
The Break
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Tower House B&B? Share your experiences!