“My place to stay when visiting RI”
Review of Sheppard's Place

and 1 more site!
Sheppard's Place
Ranked #3 of 10 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Stratford, Connecticut
“My place to stay when visiting RI”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts in RI and Sheppard's place is my favorite. Kerri was very accommodating especially with me arriving later than the usual check in time. The B and B is decorated beautifully and everything was very clean. I slept late and Kerri made me a fresh breakfast which was extremely thoughtful. It's also a wonderful location and close to the beach and restaurants. I can't say enough great things about the hospitality you will receive when you stay at this gem!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Kristen B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This was my second visit here. I am so pleased with the room, common areas, outdoor garden area and staff. Without a doubt.... the best breakfast!! The innkeeper Kerri is so accomodating. It feels like a home away from home. Can't wait to stay here again in August

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank homeskel
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Beautiful setting, comfortable, clean, great location from the beach and two delicious vegetarian restaurants just down the street, we're thinking the best deal in Narragansett...Kerri is in her authentic element as host - warm, accommodating, truly good cook, environmentally aware, genuine breath of fresh air. Our first stay in Narragansett - on a cold, windy, rainy Memorial weekend - was delightful. We are recommending Sheppard's Place at every opportunity.
Chris and Elaine

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elainita
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I truly cannot recommend this place enough; if I could give it ten stars, I would! I stayed here while attending a wedding in Narragansett. I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, so I wasn't sure what to expect; this place has definitely converted me! Kerri is so friendly and nice, and she makes you feel welcome and at home right away. The rooms are very charming, and the common areas are lovely and comfortable. There are cold bottles of water and a Keurig machine for the guests in the common area at all times, which I thought was a nice touch. If you are worried about this place being dirty because they allow dogs, don't! It was very clean.

What really sets this place apart, though, is the service. Something I ate at the wedding did not agree with me, and I got very sick that night and through the next morning. My fiance went to ask Kerri if she had any plain food I could nibble on several hours before breakfast time, and she toasted two pieces of bread for me. After I was still having trouble, he asked if she had any stomach medicine. She didn't, but she drove him to the pharmacy to get some Pepto Bismol and ginger ale for me. She also let us stay after checkout time until I was feeling better. If you are looking to stay somewhere with a lot of charm where you will be treated like a part of the family, stay at Sheppard's Place!

Room Tip: If you are an extremely light sleeper, Room 1 might not work for you. You can hear the water in the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Melanie G
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed at Sheppard's Place while attending our daughter's graduation. The room was quite comfortable and our hosts could not have been more accommodating! The full breakfast
in the morning was outstanding!! We had no transportation from the B&B back to our daughter's
house and Kerry didn't hesitate to drop us off there. EXCELLENT VALUE!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Maryann Z
Beacon, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Sheppard's Place is by far the best deal In Narragansett. They offer clean, comfortable, affordable rooms and a full home cooked breakfast every morning. You will find Kerri (the innkeeper) to be a little slice of what the world needs more of..she is happy, upbeat, accommodating, with just the right amout of sas :) a great cook and keeps an impeccably clean B&B. One of first things that attracted me to Sheppard's was the kids park next door, the short walking distance to the BEAUTIFUL Narragansett seawall, Towers & the Town Beach all of which are a MUST do while in town :) But what keeps me coming back is the welcoming, warm...sincere, happy to see you feeling you get as soon as you enter the B&B. I remember on one of our first visits we were told by Patti Sheppard (the owner) that her goal with the B&B was to have her clients become like a second extended family...I am happy to say she has achieved this with us and innkeeper Kerri, is the PERFECT addition to the B&B. Sheppard's Place is our go to whenever we head to RI. For me...it has become place where I can leave the insanity of everyday life behind & escape to all of the comforts of "home" with out the stresses that come with being home...So whether its a 1 night destress reprieve or a one week vacation Sheppard's Place B&B truely has become my home away from home :) Thank you Patti for introducing us to your wonderful B& B & Kerri for working so hard to keep Sheppard's Place such an incredible place to come to :) See ya soon :)

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the king room is my favorite :)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Cheryl C
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We spent two nights at Sheppard's and felt very welcome and comfortable. The low rates are not anything to be leery of. The home is very cozy and clean and the rooms are private. The shared space and gardens are great. The location is convenient (within walking distance to the shore and excellent restaurants). The staff made the experience all the better. Kerri is so friendly and accommodating, not to mention a fabulous cook that made breakfast something to look forward to. We left there feeling like the money was well spent and that we got a great deal! We will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Angela R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
Aqua Blue Hotel
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Sheppard's Place? Share your experiences!