Best Kept Secret B & B
Atlantic House(Narragansett)
US$288
US$116
Orbitz.com
The Anchor Motel(Narragansett)(Great Value!)
US$153
Priceline
Hampton Inn South Kingstown - Newport Area(South Kingstown)(Great Value!)
US$225
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewshome away from hometomkittenshostshenhouserobes
Reviewed 1 September 2013

It's against our better judgment to recommend Tom and Nancy's B&B so highly, because the next time we go to book with them, we may not be able to! This is a top-notch B&B run by top-notch hosts and the surroundings couldn't be nicer. The rooms are impeccably clean, the beds really comfy, and Nancy makes you feel right at home. She makes a wonderful breakfast, and if you'd like, she's happy to make fresh eggs any style which she gets right from the chicken coop out back. Not only are the hosts tremendously welcoming, the environment impeccably clean, the breakfast wonderfully hearty, but to top it all off, the BKS is up the street from wonderful Scarborough Beach. We're real beach lovers, and stayed here for a couple days for the first time back in July for our anniversary, and decided to go back in late August for my husband's birthday. Both times were terrific, and we couldn't recommend Tom and Nancy's B&B highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tinkerbelle1254
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at this lovely B&B. It was a weekend to relax and get away for my husband's birthday. With just a day's notice, the owner's baked a special dessert for my husband to have with his breakfast the next morning in honor of his birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed the scampering little kittens and the laying hens on the property...it gave the place an air of being in the country though we were within walking distance of the beach and other conveniences. The owners, Tom and Nancy, are so friendly and so organized. The room was very clean and comfortable and had ample closet storage. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for comfort, convenience, and value. We hope to be back up in that area again soon so we can stay again!

Room Tip: I would probably choose the pink room which is larger and has its own bathroom in the room if you prefer more privacy. I reviewed this bed and breakfast for a swimming pool which I did not mean to do as they do not have one but the rating selections would not let me erase it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My two girlfriends and I have stayed here 2 years in a row. Went for a weekend trip to catch up and relax on the beach. This a great B&B with really great owners/host.

- Owners: Nancy and her husband are super hospitable and knowledgable. You can tell they really love to invite guests into their home and make them feel at home. Last year, when my girlfriends and I stupidly decided to walk to dinner and ended up walking back to the B&B in the dark, she called me to make sure we were ok walking in the dark and offered to pick us up. We appreciated her thoughtfulness and concern for her guests. They are also super knowledgeable about restaurants and things to do in Narragansett. Nancy suggested a great walk through the Newton Rocks and mansions... turned out to be a fun way to spend a slightly cloudy afternoon.

- Breakfast: Nancy is a great cook and makes the best blueberry pancakes. She also makes eggs with the eggs from the chickens out back. Super fun to eat some local food while chatting with Nancy and the other guests. Nancy also made sure to provide all the fixin's for coffee/tea/yogurt and fruit. Definitely provides a hearty breakfast to start the day

- Room: My girlfriends and I like the smallish cozy room for the three of us with a small bathroom and standing shower. It's the perfect size for a couple but a bit tight for 3. Still, we didn't mind because there aren't a ton of B&Bs in the area that will allow 3 ppl to one room. Bed is a bit too soft for my friends and the cot I slept in was fine because I took the mattress off the frame and slept on the floor. Room is equipped with robes and cable TV.

- Bathrooms: Clean and well equipped w/ shampoo/conditioner, soap and hair dryers.

- Animals: We loved the cat, 3 new kittens and the 2 chickens. If you don't like animals or allergic to cats, this is not the place for you. Chickens are funny and will eat anything.

- Amenities: The owners will provide beach towels, beach chairs and a place to park your car off the street. Beach is just 5 min walk to the beach so we didn't have to pay for beach entry.

- Neighborhood: This place is super close to the beach, a great little diner (where Nancy took us for breakfast one day - Johnny Cakes!) and walking distance to the Salt Pond where we went clam digging for the first time. Also a short drive to the Sunday farmer market. Small market but really fun to watch all the dogs socialize and get the best kettle corn ever.

Highly recommend this B&B and we will be returning year after year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I always stay at the Best Kept Secret when I'm in RI. Tom and Nancy are great hosts who go out of their way to make my stay a good one. Love to relax on the porch or walk to the beach. I like to get up early and walk on one of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast and have it practically to myself.

Fresh eggs from their chickens for breakfast or dinner at one of the many nearby restaurants are fun as is exploring southern Rhode Island. A very relaxing place. Highly recommend it to my friends. Tom and Nancy are Rhode Island natives who have lots of information about local things so if you have any questions, be sure to ask for help.

Hard to believe that the best kept secret is a secret at all since I always tell anyone who'll listen to go there for a good vacation.

Room Tip: I usually stay in the blue room because I travel alone but the pink room is good for a family or a couple that wants more room. They're all good and comfy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My husband, two children and I stayed at Tom and Nancy's lovely B&B and couldn't be happier with our experience. Our room was the larger Pink Room and was just the right size for us. We were only able to stay one night as they are quite booked and anyone visiting can see why.
Rooms are clean, beds were comfy and Nancy showed us where to find any extra towels or blankets we may have needed. There was a small fridge right outside our room and we use it to keep snacks for the beach the next day which was a nice option. Our kids loved the kittens and chickens and it kept them busy while my husband and I read and relaxed on the porch after breakfast.
Breakfast was delicious with coffee or tea, fresh fruit, eggs from the chickens and blueberry pancakes as well as yogurt and bread to toast.
Nancy was very kind and accommodating.
The whole house felt very peaceful and we will definately go back.
Thank you Nancy and Tom for a wonderful but too brief stay!
Julia