“Limited or pricey”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stopped in today and was disappointed by the limited variety and overall prices. The swordfish did not look fresh and I suspect that it was from the Caribbean. Other seafood seemed more expensive than I would pay in CT so I took a pass.

1  Thank westie2

Reviewed 22 May 2014

They have remodeled the seating area, inside and out.(2 Owner nice job) Great sunset tonight and harbor view. The clam cakes seemed a little smaller, but not on taste or amount of clams. Chowder was also full of clams, could have just a little creamier. Fresh off the boat seafood, lobster always taste better at the shore.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

my favorite beach restaurant for years until today.
the order taker was abrupt , didn't ask if we wanted drinks with our order and made us wait while at least 7 orders came up before ours.
when the food came it was inedible. my chowder was tomato juice and potatoes, my son's $29.00 seafood platter was a smelly undercooked mess. he didn't eat it, he couldn't
the manager offered us more food , no thanks. then she came back to he table and gave us 20. back on our 50.00 bill
the stairs also kicked my but . no other way up.
I love the clamcakes there but will forfeit from now on.

2  Thank whomamamaria
Reviewed 24 March 2014

a short walk to the beach, a great place to grab lunch and some cocktails. We really enjoy going during the summer. The renovations over the last couple of years have added to the restaurant in many ways. Downstairs is a fish market, and a good place to grab some lobsters for dinner, or for lunch!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Champlin's has a beautiful location on the water--we took our seafood platters out on the deck and watched the boats and it was absolutely a great experience. Most of the food is fried--but it is fresh and delicious. We especially enjoyed the clam strips and lobster salad. Definitely worth a stop for a great lunch!