“Great location, fair prices, second time here and there will be more!”

Lighthouse Inn of Galilee
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
“Great location, fair prices, second time here and there will be more!”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Granted. This is not a 5 star hotel. To my knowledge nobody said it was. For the location, price and fact that it is just a room to sleep and take a quick shower until heading to your next adventure, this is a great place to stay. This is the second time we stay here and there have not been any problems for us. Yes the gulls poop on your car (and sometimes your head) but you are staying in the middle of a robust fishing port. Anyone who has gone to a salt water beach has experienced this. Overall I would recommend the lighthouse inn as a great place to stay where you can have money left over to spend on what is really important which is your walk on the beach or trip to block island.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank SFSCGB
LighthouseinnGM, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and find the hotel a good value. We try to offer the best value in the area and its great to hear it from a guest. Return guests like yourself are greatly appreciated and are critical to our success. I took the opportunity to read your other reviews from the local area and I am sure travelers will find those equally informative.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Swansea
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This is the second year in a row that we have stayed here for our annual trip to Block Island. We'll absolutely be back again next year. The rooms are clean and the staff was so accomodating. Brad is by far the kindest person I've ever encountered on any vacation. My daughter was sunburned on the first day and he went out of his way to help. Kudos!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kprendergastSwansea
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words, they truely made my day. I hope your daughter is doing better and I can't wait to have you stay with us again.
New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights. We found our room to be very clean. No bugs as was mentioned in the last review. (And believe me, I looked)...The place definitely needs updating. We had the harbor view--I don't think I would have liked the poolside view. Seemed to be kind of damp and very warm in there. The staff couldn't have been any nicer. It is very convenient to the ferry, restaurants and shops. Yes, the seagulls do make a mess of your car--but there is a hose and rags outside to wash it off before your journey home. Again, if you're looking for the Hilton--go to one; but if you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, convenient location give it a try.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ct-traveler714
LighthouseinnGM, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. I am glad we can look forward to having you stay again in the future. You're right we are not a Hilton but we try to provide a clean room, friendly service and great value in a fun location. It sounds like you experienced all of these.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Just a note to say our experience at the Lighthouse Inn was excellent. Our purpose of the trip was a ladies get-away for sunbathing, dining, cocktails & shopping. Our experience at the Inn was accommodating, friendly, clean & safe stay. It was reasonably priced, certainly was all what we expected and would definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends. It's conveniently located across from the ferry, from all the cute, quaint shops, eateries, beaches, restaurants/bars. You definitely can just park your car and not need to drive to enjoy the sorroundings & it's beauty without the driving. This inn was a pleasant stay and it was exactly what we wanted a clean, safe place to stay with clean bathrooms, air condition, all necessities in working order topped friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool have complete darkness for sleep
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 2011Adventure
LighthouseinnGM, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a reviw of your recent stay. I am glad you all enjoyed yourselves while staying at the hotel and made the most of the area. Hopefully we will see you all again in the near future. I will share your comments on the cleanliness and service with the staff.
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We just returned from a three day trip to Narragansett. We read the reviews, but stayed at the Lighthouse Inn anyway because we wanted a deal and didn't plan to spend much time at the hotel. Yes, there is a lot of seagull poop. They only seem to poop on this property, but nowhere else in town... odd. No, it's not a 3 star hotel, but for $100 a night, it's a deal and the people are very nice. This hotel has a lot of potential, but it would take some major capital improvements to get it up to snuff. I'm part of the "sleep cheap, eat well" crowd, so it was acceptable for us. They did seem to have upgraded the furniture in the rooms, but the sheets aren't quite big enough for the beds. The A/C works great. The pool is fine. Great location, location, location if you want to explore Narragansett, RI. Walking distance to ferry, beach and restaurants...

Room Tip: Poolside can be noisy 9 am - 10 pm
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ajmuzz
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed yourself and had a pleasent stay. While we are not the fanciest hotel I do believe we offer the best value around and I am glad to hear you echo those thoughts. Our large flat roof makes a good nesting spot for the birds and while we do what we can legally to discourage them they are protected especially when nesting and we have to respect that so it does make our hotel seem like seagull central. The birds are not around as much as the summer goes on and the chicks leave the nest. I will look into the sheet issue.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We had an early morning ferry to Block Island booked so we stayed for one night prior to our departure. The location is very convenient to the ferry and the staff at the hotel are friendly and accommodating but the hotel itself could use a major renovation.
After reading other reviews for this hotel I tried to book elsewhere but due to the season other hotels in the area required a two night minimum.
The room was old and dirty, the pillows were flat and smelled bad. There were overflowing trash bins in the hallway and my husband had to hose the seagull droppings off the car in the morning. Not the most pleasant way to start a vacation.
Next time I'll try a little harder to find something else in the area. Even an hour drive to get to the ferry would be worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Marylandmom13
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the service and location of the hotel. I wish you enjoyed the hotel itself a little more. We try hard to keep the public areas clean. Trash bins do get overloaded sometimes but we try to empty them as fast as possible. As noted by other guests the seagulls do sometimes leave a mess. I wish it wasn't so but it comes with the neighborhood.

Travellers are raving about these Narragansett hotels

Dallas
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. There was no option to stay here, but I would rather sleep in my car next time.

First- This is the only place to stay in Galilee... and they know it. If you are old enough.... think of a bad place from the 80's, multiply it by 20, and then add in smell. Welcome home.

This looks like a motel that covered it's pool area. The place is dirty. We found bird traps that were dangerous sitting out over the weekend.

The room had an old school AC unit that drips onto the carpet in tha hallway. My bathroom had a washcloth in the bathtub with a streak mark on it. Yes that kind of streak mark. Along with the hair, this was not good.

The restaurant was closed and the coffee ran out at 8:30 AM.

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.

Worst $150 a night ever spent. Only saving grace was the staff. They were nice.

Room Tip: Bring a Body Suit to sleep in.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank DFW_Foodie
LighthouseinnGM, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear that your experiences with the staff were positive and that you recieved good service. I regret that the room was not properly cleaned and will share your feedback. I'm not sure what bird trap is referring to but I will assume that it is the lining on the edge of the roof with the spokes to discourage pearching which is one of the few acceptable ways we can discourage the seagulls from hanging around the property. The birds do remove portions of this from time to time and we pick it up as soon as possible. We are still in the process of our operator opening the restaurant and apologize it had not opened yet. As a coffee drinker I appreciate the frustration of having to wait for the coffee to get refilled.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
The Break
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Lighthouse Inn of Galilee? Share your experiences!