“Seagulls galore” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Narragansett
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
“Seagulls galore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

You better be a good sleeper. Room was clean, food was good, service was fine. Directly across the street from the block island ferry. Nice pool. $50 cheaper than the chain hotels. But hundreds of seagulls screaming all night and seagull poop everywhere. Your car will be covered in poop. I still would stay there again. The grill and bar just opened and the staff was really friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erich M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I usually check out all places on trip adviser, but i went through booking.com. I really think the photo's are twenty odd years old.
I have to say one good point was the lady at front desk was pleasent,after that everything was down hill.
After passing through reception,we entered into the indoor pool area,the floor was covered in seagull feathers and the area itself was very shabby. We dreaded going to the room,second floor overlooking pool area. OH MY GOD the Smell that hit us from opening the door was very strong stale smoke and another smell which i don't want to guess!!!!! It was dark and old, i sat in one of the old arm chairs and it smelt of vomit. It was very late and we had nowhere else to book in. I spread all the bathroom towels which looked clean on the bed and had a very disturbed sleep. Next morning we went to the a joining restaurant and a very pleasent NICE boy served us,limited menu and when the coffee arrived my mug was dirty, then the breakfast,it was awful,nobody should serve up such a bad meal like that.
I think it should be reported to the health inspectors and shut down until it is completely refurbished.
I do not recommend this hotel to anyone

6 Thank portinscale

Travellers are raving about these Narragansett hotels

Albany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!!! I have never been more disgusted by a hotel in my life! My husband and I have been home from our vacation for 4 days now, and I still feel dirty and itchy from this absolute dump. Our room looked like a crime scene and unless we wanted to catch some flesh-eating disease, we kept our sandals on at all times. The place was covered in mold, hair, dirt, slime, seagull mess and feathers. Just a suggestion to the clearly highly intelligent maintenance team ...the mold issue may improve if the air conditioners and ice machine don't drain directly into the carpet. I really don't think it is even possible to express in words just how disturbing it is that this place is even allowed to charge people to be exposed to this hotel of horrors. The management and owners of this pigsty should be ashamed and should be arrested for highway robbery and endangering the welfare of anyone who dares to stay at the Lighthouse Inn. If I could give this place negative scores I would but I am required to select at least 1 star for each category.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank K H
Middletown, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just be aware that this is an old bldg, lots of needed repairs but i found it to be clean & adequate and best of all as far as i can tell, the only game in town & just a few blocks from the beach. the port of Galilee is busy, the hotel is accross the street from the Ferry to Block Island so it is always busy with people coming and going. It is a bit expensive not to have free coffee in the a.m. If you know what you are in for there will be no surprises, it's no Hilton that's for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ame_the_dame
Ludlow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

NASTY!!!! I could not believe my eyes when we arrived at this hotel. We went there for a soccer tournament so we did not choose this hotel ourselves. It was SO REPULSIVE!! There was more mold in one room than there should have been in the entire place, all over the walls and curtains! BUGS in the beds , dead and alive! My 10year old cried herself to sleep in my arms. We only stayed because we could not find vacancies anywhere else and could not ditch the soccer team. I'm still in shock that we stayed there. The pictures I'm going to out up are the same you will see in any of the rooms, including the "renovated" rooms. Apparently renovated just means a new dresser and an extra towel. Seriously, unbelievable!! Also a piece of the counter fell off and my son cut open his foot, from desk Jenn, could not care less! Useless staff.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Dawn L
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

WELCOME TO THE CRACKHOUSE INN! I have never stayed at a more disgusting place in my life. When we arrived, the outside of the building looked like a dump. The parking lot was covered in seagull crap. I don't think stepping on any was avoidable. When we walked in the room, it smelled terrible. It smelled like the seagulls were the last guests! I had to cover my nose from the time I walked in to the time I walked out. TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A NIGHT? You may as well be sleeping outside. Spending two hundred dollars for this place is like flushing your money down the toilet and sleeping on your roof in the middle of a storm. The place is EXTREMELY overpriced. Did I mention there's no wifi except for in the pool area? Which closes at 10:00. So basically the only people who get to have wifi are the guests right outside the pool area. This place is a dump. Possibly mistaken for a crack house. Sorry Febreze, but I don't think 100 of your car clips would work on this place. Bring blindfolded people in for a test, they'll probably tell you it smells like a crack house, a dump, a pile of dog crap, you name it! The room had holes in the wall and I have been to zoos that smell better. i would rather sleep at a zoo than here! One thing is for sure, I'll be sleeping in the car tonight! DO NOT STAY HERE! You may catch a flesh-eating virus, this place is so disgusting!

Room Tip: Getting a room elsewhere is best
8 Thank Sutton M
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

First off, I can't believe that in the other reviews, people were complaining about the seagull droppings. People are so pretentious these days! It’s a fishing village for crying out loud and you’re going to attract seagulls. Geez! However, the staff had an employee power washing the windows to remove the poop, and they had a complementary hose you could use to wash off your car. What more do you want?! Secondly, this is a beach hotel! This isn’t the Hilton, or Marriott. You should know that going into it, instead of expecting the amenities of a chain hotel. I will say this; the rooms were clean, sheets clean, beds comfortable, bathrooms clean, and air conditioning cold. I stayed with my 3 kids and they loved it! They can’t wait to come back. I don’t look at the hotel as being outdated because I love the character of things when they are left preserved. The management has updated some things, and the way it is perfect. Don’t update anything else. Lastly, the pool area is fantastic! Kids loved it…almost a little too much. Just one suggestion; you should change the games out in the game room. There wasn’t one game me or the kids recognized or wanted to play. You should put some “retro” games like Pac-man and possibly a pinball machine so more people would use the game room. Other than that, fantastic stay! We’ll be back!

5 Thank Dean A
Jennifer M M, General Manager at Lighthouse Inn of Galilee, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Our entire staff THANK YOU for your review! Thank you for noticing the effort our team is putting in! We are all truly happy you and your family enjoyed your time with us!! Our video games are provided from an outside provider but I will get in touch with them about possibly changing them up a bit (I love the pinball idea too). Thank you again for your understanding about our other "residents" and noticing that we try to minimize their impact. We hope you and your family continue to have a wonderful summer and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
The Break
#2 of 2 in South Kingstown
Pleasant View Inn
Pleasant View Inn
#2 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Lighthouse Inn of Galilee? Share your experiences!